Beginners and Beyond

I'm in trouble with the boss again WednesDAILIES (Read 68 times)

B-Plus

I really need to be able to create workouts on garminconnect.com and the 220 does that so it looks like that's the route I am going...on black Friday of course. 

I wonder, with GC going over to modern view which requires Garmin Express instead of ANT, will we be screwed for RA until Black Friday? I'm sure you saw the 7581 threads about this on the main page.

Zelanie

Hey guys, another Wednesday rester thanks the fine Hanson brothers!

My 610 was a black Friday score from REI a couple of years back.

LRB

In hindsight I should have looked into the 910 a little more.

Speaking of yesterday, (here) is an article about doing the same workouts at the track.  It is not Daniels based which some people are not interested in but the same stress and adaptation principles are at play.

Here is a sample of their workouts and terminology:

Strength: 10 x 2-minute hill intervals with 3-minute jog recoveries

Speed: 10 x 300m with 400m jog recoveries

Aerobic capacity: 5 x 1K with 400m jog recoveries

Lactate threshold: 10K relaxed time trial

If you did just one of those workouts per week and all four over a month for three months your fitness and speed would increase exponentially without the need to change anything.

LRB

I wonder, with GC going over to modern view which requires Garmin Express instead of ANT, will we be screwed for RA until Black Friday? I'm sure you saw the 7581 threads about this on the main page.

Actually I have not.  I saw on GC that they are switching to modern view but had no idea what any of it meant.  Which of the threads should I check?

LRB

My 610 was a black Friday score from REI a couple of years back.

So you agree with me, excellent!  You dear, are beautiful.

delicate flower

After each run, I have to export the activity from Garmin Connect and import it into RA.  It's an extra step but it only takes a few seconds.  I prefer to NOT have to do that, but it would not sway any purchase decision.

Speaking of yesterday, (here) is an article about doing the same workouts at the track.  It is not Daniels based which some people are not interested in but the same stress and adaptation principles are at play.

Here is a sample of their workouts and terminology:

Strength: 10 x 2-minute hill intervals with 3-minute jog recoveries

Speed: 10 x 300m with 400m jog recoveries

Aerobic capacity: 5 x 1K with 400m jog recoveries

Lactate threshold: 10K relaxed time trial

If you did just one of those workouts per week and all four over a month for three months your fitness and speed would increase exponentially without the need to change anything.

Most excellent.

<3

Docket_Rocket

For shame, there was some speed work talk and B Plus posted a pic of himself in the shower using his tool.  If I were you, I would check it just for that. 

You forgot to mention I did speedwork and there was a massive gasp from all because of the shock.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

In hindsight I should have looked into the 910 a little more.

There is still time....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

You forgot to mention I did speedwork and there was a massive gasp from all because of the shock.

LOL

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

After each run, I have to export the activity from Garmin Connect and import it into RA.  It's an extra step but it only takes a few seconds.  I prefer to NOT have to do that, but it would not sway any purchase decision.

What is this export business that you speak of?  I import my runs into my RA log using my wireless stick.

LRB

Tossed out with the wash apparently, sorry!  Half marathon pace correct?  How are you feeling after that?

delicate flower

What is this export business that you speak of?  I import my runs into my RA log using my wireless stick.

The 620 does not use a stick.  The activities load to Garmin Connect using wifi.  You can still use a cable though if you want.  When you first get the watch, you need to connect it to your computer to set up the wifi.  The wifi works well....when it works.  It starts transferring the data when I walk in the front door after my runs.  Seems that I need to reset the watch's wifi whenever it gets a software update though.  A simple task but one more little thing I shouldn't have to do with a $450 device.

RA hasn't yet developed a wifi interface for the 620.  Not that I am aware of, anyway.  Thus, I need to export the activity and use the "upload data from file" function in the log.

<3

LRB

I understand, and I would likely need to do the same if I were to get a 220?  So much for that idea then!  lol

Docket_Rocket

Tossed out with the wash apparently, sorry!  Half marathon pace correct?  How are you feeling after that?

I am fine.  Coughing up a bit, but not as bad as if it had been when I do these outside.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

I am fine.  Coughing up a bit, but not as bad as if it had been when I do these outside.

See, you can learn a lot from a dumby.