Beginners and Beyond

I'm in trouble with the boss again WednesDAILIES (Read 68 times)

Docket_Rocket

If you leave the door and the windows open for your TM run, you won't need your turbo fan, or any hydration. How convenient! 

You mean, while Arthur rolls by?  Agreed.  Otherwise, it will be hot as the fucking sun.

fortunately, Garmin has not forced me to change to Modern View yet.  every time I try to install the new software for uploads, the computer says shit and I stop it.  so, I'm biding my time and hoping they stop this shithole of a program.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

LRB and the breath mint. Ha.

Did 6.2 very early this am. Long work days continue.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

It's here!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I am unsure which Garmin platform I am using,  it asked me to switch to modern view but when I did nothing changed that I could see.

I agree with Boon, they are trying waaaay too hard. The dang thing ain't broke so there's no need to fix it.

outoftheblue

What on earth did everyone do before there was Garmin?   The horror.

5 miles planned for later on this afternoon for me.    Treadmilling it again because sun+100 degrees = no bueno.

Life is good.

Half Crazy K 2.0

LRB/Baboon - I'm just a bit more concerned jn the meantime with the 405/410. Once we switch to modern view, we will need to use Garmin Express for GC. That also means we will need to uninstall ANT (stick thingy) for express to work properly I think. But I guess that's the same deal as 220/620, we just need to take that extra step to export/import. Can we hurry up with this sale?

*Delurking* I have the 405. I guess I can't download Garmin Express yet????  Admittedly, I can be inept with downloads. I switched to Modern view and almost immediately switched back. I won't be switching to Modern until Garmin give no other option.

The only thing I do with my Garmin is upload it directly into my RA log. Am I missing out on something?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

The only thing I do with my Garmin is upload it directly into my RA log. Am I missing out on something?

You can only do that if the Garmin has uploaded to Garmin Connect so if there are problems, you would not be able to upload to RA.  Unless you are uploading it as a file.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

You can only do that if the Garmin has uploaded to Garmin Connect so if there are problems, you would not be able to upload to RA.  Unless you are uploading it as a file.

I do not use Garmin Connect. I just connect my watch to the computer, and upload the GPS data directly into RA.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I do not use Garmin Connect. I just connect my watch to the computer, and upload the GPS data directly into RA.

Then the watch is downloading it to GC. There is no other way. RA does not read the watch; just GC.  Even if you don't use it; it's a step that happens beFore RA can upload.

unless Eric changed something and the last thread I read I think they were talking about the same. With the new version people cannot upload to GC and therefore cannot upload to RA

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

i store all my runs on Garmin (so I have them stored twice) and create workouts.  I also view the elevation maps and other run related minutia, but I am one of those weirdos who stares at my runs.

LRB

I won't be switching to Modern until Garmin give no other option.

That's my stance on it as well.

Docket_Rocket

That's my stance on it as well.

Mine too.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

My FR10 requires the plug-in to be installed, but allows me to plug in and upload via the Tools option for Import training data to Running Ahead. I can import to GC and RA at the same time, or one or the other.

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What on earth did everyone do before there was Garmin?   The horror.

5 miles planned for later on this afternoon for me.    Treadmilling it again because sun+100 degrees = no bueno.

Never have used a garmin and don't want to start. I'm happy with my ignorant running style. 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt