Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies: All damn day long. (Read 38 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 16 chilly miles.  It was 44F at my house, but in the mid 30s down in the valleys.  My toes are still not warmed back up.  If I didn't just think I needed a non-run day, I wouldn't have gotten the bike out.

Have a non-suck Monday!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

If I didn't just think I needed a non-run day, I wouldn't have got the bike out.

Today will be the first Monday in a month that I will not have heavy core and leg work. It wasn't so bad after the first week, but the past two weeks have left my legs feeling shredded, so this rest day is welcomed.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 5 miles and weights tonight.  I tried to get up early and run before working from home but, with the Oscars last night, it became impossible.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning!  It feels like a Monday, oddly enough.  I slogged through a 2800 yard swim before work on zero energy.  Easy run after work.  Looking at the mid-week weather forecast, it looks like I'll need to move some workouts around so I don't have to treadmill my hard runs.

<3

Cyberic

Good morning workers,

I took a week of vacation from work, because I wanted one. Hopefully lotsa running and lotsa nothing else!

Ran some easy miles this morning, between 10 and 11. Not sure how many, and and it's not a metric conversion thing, I didn't really check. I needed to get to the washroom ASAFP, so I didn't care about anything else.

onemile

Good morning workers,

I took a week of vacation from work, because I wanted one. Hopefully lotsa running and lotsa nothing else!

Ran some easy miles this morning, between 10 and 11. Not sure how many, and and it's not a metric conversion thing, I didn't really check. I needed to get to the washroom ASAFP, so I didn't care about anything else.

100 mile week?

bluerun

Super B****

5 AlterG miles @ 35% and my knee hurt, so that's super.  I'm just going to ignore that by crossing my fingers and wish for it to magically disappear.  In semi-related, semi-exciting news, I packed my wetsuit!!  (And vest and hoods and boots and gloves... I hate cold water.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

Ran some easy miles this morning, between 10 and 11. Not sure how many, and and it's not a metric conversion thing, I didn't really check. 

This is unacceptable.

<3

sdWhiskers

I have strength training today after work with my trainer. Will try to fit in 3-4 miles beforehand.

My lower shins are a little tender when I touch them but no pain otherwise (running, walking, etc). I hit 40 miles again last week so thinking it's just from increased workload? Might work a trail run or two in this week to see if that helps.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cyberic

160 km

Smile

Not going for a high volume week in itself. I will not beat my PB of 90 miles. Maybe 80... I dunno. If my body responds well, I might go for 3 workouts, though. My endurance is pretty good, from Saturday's LR. I need to keep including faster paced runs. Teach my body to move that big frame faster with some relative ease.

zzyzx

Seated dip, hip adduction, hip abduction, chin, horizontal calf angled leg press followed by an acceptable time on the exercise bike (level 12 alpine setting, 31 minutes). I was thinking about going light to recover from yesterday's race but I was less sore than I expected to be.

Cyberic

I watch lots of boxing and MMA stuff. They have weight classes, so the bigger guys don't destroy the smaller ones. But something I notice is that the smaller weight classes fight at a very high intense pace, and still have cardio for days, whereas the heavier they get, the more they have to think about their pacing if they don't want to empty their gas tank too early.

Also, tall guys are not as agile as smaller guys. The way they move is more cumbersome.

Being 6'6" tall is a disadvantage for a distance runner. I am necessarily heavier even if I'm skinny (big frame) so I have less cardio becaue of it, I have more wind drag, and I move like a tall guy.

I should have chosen basketball Smile

RunningOnSand

I watch lots of boxing and MMA stuff. They have weight classes, so the bigger guys don't destroy the smaller ones. But something I notice is that the smaller weight classes fight at a very high intense pace, and still have cardio for days, whereas the heavier they get, the more they have to think about their pacing if they don't want to empty their gas tank too early.

Also, tall guys are not as agile as smaller guys. The way they move is more cumbersome.

Being 6'6" tall is a disadvantage for a distance runner. I am necessarily heavier even if I'm skinny (big frame) so I have less cardio becaue of it, I have more wind drag, and I move like a tall guy.

Well even with your tremendous height, you're fast AF so you must be doing something right. Big grin

I have 5 on tap for today. We are experiencing a "winter storm warning" which, so far has only included lots of heavy winds and sleet. Snow is supposed to accumulate up to 12"? We shall see.

Also, I was very disappointed to learn that Netflix only has 2 seasons of Better Call Saul! WTF???! I did some research and it seems like season 3 will be released maybe in late March? So now I have to start binge watching yet another series while I'm on the TM today. FFS. This is too much thinking for a Monday. Big grin 

delicate flower

Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant are 6' 6".  You blew it, man. 

<3