Beginners and Beyond

Rise and Shine MonDAILIES (Read 27 times)

LRB

More like slumped over and dull. lol

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I'll see your slumped over and dull, and raise you a crippled and bored shitless.  It would help pass the time if I could make a batch of beer today, but I can't carry the water or brew kettle.  I'll persevere, but it's going to be a long few weeks.  The store won't run out of beer, but I might run out of money Smile.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

'Morning.  I am tired and sleepy and swam 2600 yards before work.  When I first told my coach that I was skipping the Ironman this year and doing three 70.3's instead, he said the training will be similar with slightly less volume but more intensity.  I am starting to feel it...he is working me.  I am actually training more now than I was for the IM last year.  Fortunately this is my last week of training before tapering for my final triathlon of the year.  Then I can start building for my marathon.  werd

<3

I am tired and sleepy 

+1.

MTA: 5 miles feeling precisely as expected.

Dave

onemile

I ran 8

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Went to PT this morning and she killed my knee (I think I can still hear the patella crying).  But it is feeling much better.  5 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Runshortii

Ran 8 last night on the treadmill to get to 50 for last week. Might try to run 4 tonight after work so I can take Wednesday and Thursday off as a "mini taper" for Saturday's HM. Idk. Then again sometimes I feel off if I take two days off in a row

Docket_Rocket

Ran 8 last night on the treadmill to get to 50 for last week. Might try to run 4 tonight after work so I can take Wednesday and Thursday off as a "mini taper" for Saturday's HM. Idk. Then again sometimes I feel off if I take two days off in a row

I do feel like that sometimes. Maybe pencil a tentative short run for either day (shakeout run)?  Something like 2-3 miles?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I do feel like that sometimes. Maybe pencil a tentative short run for either day (shakeout run)?  Something like 2-3 miles?

Yeah, I wouldn't take 2 days off. The above is a bare minimum, imho.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is a rest day for me.

Been a crazy week with Hurricane Harvey swirling all over South and CentralTexas. San Antonio did not get hit too bad, but we sure did get a lot of wind and rain and some road flooding. I actually did get out for a run on Saturday and Sunday.   Got a little wet on both days and the wind was tough!  Even so, very enjoyable outings.   4 miles on Saturday and 3.2 miles done on Sunday.

Today is the first day in 4 days I have not woken up to continuous rain.  Still cloudy and overcast here, but no rain.  The sun is even trying to make a breakthrough.  San Antonio should be back to normal pretty quick this week.  Our poor places farther south from us, down near the coast - Houston, Rockport, Corpus Christi, Freeport, etc....those folks really took hits. Clean up and lots and lots of flooding and damage, plus loss of life.  Gonna take a long time for them to recover.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, I wouldn't take 2 days off. The above is a bare minimum, imho.

I agree. Just gave her that range since she is already doing 4 today or tomorrow, so I assume she likes to keep the miles low before a race.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Runshortii

I'll probably do that. My legs haven't felt too horrible anyway, but after a few miles at HM pace they probably will lol

onemile

I would run the same number of days as usual, just shorten everything a little bit.

delicate flower

4.3 nice and easy.  That was pleasant.

<3

Docket_Rocket

5 done. Even my living room was hot as fuck.

Damaris

Fundraising Page