Beginners and Beyond

Plank Challenge (Read 138 times)

Just did 3:00 knee plank, and the only thing I could feel was my wrists.  Does that really do anything for you? 

Not sure, but if you haven't done much exercising on your wrists in general, it will take some time to get used to.

Dave

Hip Redux

Blue- being on your knees and your hands may be too much of an angle.  Maybe try on your elbows/knees?   Did you try side planks?

LRB

What's up with the groin issues and planks, is there a relation or is that coincidence?  It seems odd.

Little Blue

Not sure, but if you haven't done much exercising on your wrists in general, it will take some time to get used to.

I wasn't too concerned about my wrists, I can adapt to that.  It was just that the plank didn't seem to be using any core muscles.  If the wrists hadn't been uncomfortable, I could have held it for quite a while.

@ Oski:  no, I haven't tried side planks yet.  I actually did it on the fly today, because I forgot yesterday.  Didn't have time for much.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not sure, I think mine is mainly the lowest part of my tranversus abdominus, rectus abdominus or whatever.

What's up with the groin issues and planks, is there a relation or is that coincidence?  It seems odd.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

workinprogress11

As I do no core work of any kind, I started at square one with 20 seconds 4 days ago when my cousin posted this on Facebook.   I'm up to 30 now. I'll be interested to see how much I can improve.

LRB

I'll be interested to see how much I can improve.

Excellent!  And now you have a place to help with accountability, just take care not to push too hard and be sure to...

uh-oh...

wait for it...

listen to your body.  lol

LRB

6:05 before work this morning.

It wasn't too bad actually.  I guess the bicycle and medicine ball (8 lb) crunches I have been doing are helping as well.

Dad on the run.

Jumping on the band wagon. I did 2x 1:00 with about a 2min rest in between lastnight.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

LRB

3:30 this morning. Will do another before I pop the wine cork tonight.

Hip Redux

Oh, yeah, I did a minute plank with two 30 second side planks last night.

Dad on the run.

1:15 plank with 45 second side planks

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

LRB

7:05 this morning.

Other than being about as mundane as watching paint dry, my hands start to hurt the longer I hold it and I have to keep repositioning them.  Not sure if that is normal but I need to figure something out if not.

SheCan

I've been trying to do at least one plank hold of 2:00 minute a day.  Today I did a 2:30 plank and 2 sides of 1:00 each.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

7:05 this morning.

Other than being about as mundane as watching paint dry, my hands start to hurt the longer I hold it and I have to keep repositioning them.  Not sure if that is normal but I need to figure something out if not.

Time to switch to forearm planks!

Dave