Beginners and Beyond

Sluggardly Mondailies (Read 20 times)

8 sluggish miles with 10 sluggish strides.

Dave

delicate flower

'Morning!!  I swam 2600 yards before work.  Headed out for my run in a minute because 11-12 will be only shot today to get that done.

The new dog goes to the vet today.  Hopefully she'll get her second flu shot so we can then put her into doggie day care a couple of times a week for the socializing and to wear her out.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning. I am off today and went to PT earlier. I have weights and if it stops thundering I'll do some on the bike too.

Taking Hershey to the vet this afternoon to recheck his thyroid levels. He's been on the new pill for 3 weeks (before that it was that cream that seemed to have poisoned him, poor boy).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

3 flat paved today, dirt bumps tomorrow... work today, off work tomorrow

KCRuns

I swam 1000m this morning.  I was really focused on finding a good breathing pattern and it worked pretty well.  Progress is being made!

I don't know if I will run today or just go for a walk.  I would like to get to a point where I can swim 3 days a week and get all my runs in as well, but I'm trying to be smart and build up to it.  I am very aware right now that swimming just 1000m wears me out!

delicate flower

'Morning!!  I swam 2600 yards before work.  Headed out for my run in a minute because 11-12 will be only shot today to get that done.

I jacked up my back swimming this morning, but like any respectable runner, I ignored the pain and ran anyway.  Felt fine...actually feels better now.  We'll see in an hour or two though.  5 very easy miles done.

<3

sdWhiskers

7 miles in a misty drizzle.

Was running through an industrial park where I never see other runners just lots of trucks. Came around a blind corner on the sidewalk and almost ran into another lady runner. Out of habit I quickly pulled up my buff and she yells "it's ok, I'm vaccinated!"  I'm still bringing my buff with me most of the time as part of my routine. We live in weird times, ha.

7 miles in a misty drizzle.

Was running through an industrial park where I never see other runners just lots of trucks. Came around a blind corner on the sidewalk and almost ran into another lady runner. Out of habit I quickly pulled up my buff and she yells "it's ok, I'm vaccinated!"  I'm still bringing my buff with me most of the time as part of my routine. We live in weird times, ha.

I thought you were going buff-free now?

No buff for me today but only because I forgot. In the past few days I’ve mostly stopped worrying about pulling it up when passing people, but sometimes still do if they’re wearing one. Yesterday I took the dog for a walk, just stuck a mask in my pocket. Went  through our little neighborhood park and saw a neighbor family there. Stopped to chat; the adults (all vaxxed) were all unmasked (so I didn’t put mine on); their kids (too young to be vaxxed) were masked. Weird times indeed. 

Just read an article in NYT about people who plan to stay masked indefinitely, mainly because they don’t trust others.

Dave

onemile

8 sluggish miles with 10 sluggish strides.

when does taper start?

Cyberic

SRD

Mask: I follow the public health rules by the book. As soon as public health says it is safe to not wear it, I will ditch that mofo on the spot, and not regret it one single bit. They play it safe so much here, I will certainly not be the one doing more than is mandatory.

delicate flower

Mask:

20 miles into my 50 mile bike ride Saturday, I had the great idea of stopping for a Slurpee two miles from the end, which would have really hit the spot.  Then I realized I forgot to bring a mask, so I skipped it and was sad.

<3

delicate flower

I just saw on my facebook feed that NYCM will be running 33,000 people on Nov 7.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Mask: I follow the public health rules by the book. As soon as public health says it is safe to not wear it, I will ditch that mofo on the spot, and not regret it one single bit. They play it safe so much here, I will certainly not be the one doing more than is mandatory.

Here, not so much. The CDC thinks people will do the right thing. LOLOLOL, Yea, people really listened at Thanksgiving & Christmas about not traveling & gathering, so I'm sure they will do the right thing now.

What frustrates me more is that each level of government claimed to be using data to make decisions, but then didn't when it would likely be unpopular. With the masks, many states had a target in place--in MD, once 70% of adults got at least 1 shot, the mask mandate would be dropped. There was no reason to change it--as far as I'm concerned, you now took away motivation for hesitant or apathetic folks to get a vaccine since they can reap the same benefits as fully vaccinated folks.

I'll definitely keep masking up in indoor places and avoid crowds. If DH or I get exposed, even if we have no symptoms & are fully vaccinated, we would be unable to enter the place where his mom is living. This would create a ton of additional stress, so we have no real choice but to be careful.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I just saw on my facebook feed that NYCM will be running 33,000 people on Nov 7.

That's what, 2/3 of the usual number?

But at that point, what's the difference between 33,000 and 50,000?

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

onemile

The CDC thinks people will do the right thing.

I really doubt it...