Beginners and Beyond

There's No Fooling The Monday Penguins! (Read 30 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Penguins!

Good job done by our racers - 'tis the season!

Rest day for me followed up with some karaoke tonight!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Bin Running

Gustav, Morning.. Enjoy the singing later.

Was to do some recovery miles.. maybe 3-4M later after work as I really wanted to catch that bunny..

Will be missing some running next week as leaving for Taiwan for vacation on Sat.. Will be staying in a farm for 2-3 days and hopefully squeeze in some running there... Not so sure if their city hotel are equiped with TM.. Haven't ran on one of those for a while...

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Who woke me up, damn it?  Short recovery run and weights tonight.

Gustav, karaoke?  On a Monday?

bin running, nice recovery run.  Enjoy your vacation.

Have a nice day, all.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Saturday did my 20th race of 2013.  There was even a llama present that gave me a smooch, lol.   Here is the link to the report and photos:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/64ad016a2bc84f219bc087a4207a503e/resume#focus

Sunday, went to Randolph Air Force Base and did 3.4 miles and then back inside the gym to do a full-body weight training circuit.

Today at 6:30 PM, I will be doing #21 for the year....photo is from last year, but the 5K is by the same folks this year

The description of the run:  "A 5K in beautiful McAllister Park... with a little surprise here and there!  You MAY have to do something unusual but FUN with this Fools Day Race.  And...is it really a 5K?"

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Enjoy the karaoke, Gustav!  When I sing, it's more like "scary croaky!"  Big grin

Enjoy Taiwan, Gustav!  I was there long ago (1970s) for a short time, just a couple of months,  when I had temporary duty at the base there back then that was known as CCK.

Enjoy the recovery run, Damaris!  Happy weight training too!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy Monday !!!  Short week for me.  A couple of short runs this week to get ready for Sunday's HM.  Any pre-race tips would be appreciated.  Flying down on Thursday to spend a few days with inlaws before the race.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter.  Carrying a few extra pounds today.

hog4life

Scotty, that sounds like a neat race tonight, have fun. Seen your memo about the care package, I'll be watching for it, thank you.

Bin, congrats on the HM time, nice RR.

Gustav, enjoy the RD.

Damaris, have a good recovery run.

I just finished coffee and oatmeal and about to head out for a run of unknown or planned distance, maybe 6-7. I need to run my big training hill a couple times this week in prep for my HM this weekend.

Traci, if you check in, I know your not running, but will you and Johnathan be making the trip to Lynchburg?

hog4life

Jerry, you snuck in. Don't eat anything out of the ordinary, try to get some extra sleep a few days before in case the night before is restless, trust your training, have fun.

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Gustav - a little Monday karaoke - well done sir!

Bin - sounds like a great vacation - enjoy!

Damaris - have a great day.  Nice run yesterday.

Scotty - looks to me like you broke that poor llama's heart... didn't kiss her back?!  What's up with that?

Jerry - a few too many chocolate eggs?!  LOL

Mitch - running right after coffee and oatmeal?  Brave man!

AFM  - SRD today.  Busy couple of weeks coming up so I'll be limiting my miles a bit.

tracilynn

Hey everyone

Easter was good and carrying around some extra weight myself. My sister is a great cook.

Bin, enjoy Taiwan

Damaris, have fun recovering later

scotty kissed a llama and he liked it

gustav, you're such a partier

jerry, its almost time!

mitch, yes we are gonna try to get to Lynchburg Friday night. I hope Jonathan can take off work early. I'm not running it but I do want the shirt.

I ran 1.8milcon last night then walk/run another 2.5 miles. strting back from scratch is rough! Ha  I could barely run a mile straight last week an last night did 1.8 so it's an improvement.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

tracilynn, I love reading your posts on your runs.  Glad to see you back.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Damaris, Enjoy the recovery later.

Scotty, sound like an interesting race..

Jerry, go easy on the Easter candies.. Smile Well. as Mitch said, trust your training and try to sleep well a few night before the race. What's your goal?

Mitch, thanks.. Good luck with the hill training.. You can kill that HM..

Vance, enjoy the RD..

Traci, sorry abt you not able to start that HM.. restarting is difficult but you should be able to pick up a little faster thanlast time.. Cardio wise.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Dad on the run.

Hey everyone. Lovely Monday here. wife and I are both off work again today then it's all back to normal tomorrow. Not sure if we will get a run in today or not, we will just have to see how the day goes.

Weighed this morning and am glad to report I didn't gain anything over the weekend which is a little surprising to me lol.

Traci - good job on the run. Sorry you have been having so many problems lately. Just take it slow ameeker up the good work.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Today is the day to catch up on all the stuff I've been ignoring for the past few weeks in favor of departmental stuff.  But it started with a lovely breakfast with DH and my parents -- they came up to visit for Easter weekend, and we always go out to breakfast before they leave.  So I'm late to work, but I'm happy!  It's also a walk day, and I think I'm up to a mile now, so I'll head out after lunch.

Gustav -- sing it, brother!!

Bin -- sometimes it's hard to run on vacation, but the farm sounds nice!!

Docket -- sorry you're awake!!

scottydawg -- woo-hoo on the llama smooch!!  Tonight's race sounds interesting!!

Jerryb -- enjoy your short week!!

hog -- hope your unplanned run went well!!

N-Bug -- have a good SRD!!

traci -- coming back from scratch is definitely tough!!

jblack -- enjoy the day off!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.