Beginners and Beyond

One size fits most Mondailies! (Read 392 times)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Lots of early risers!  3 miles, weights, and core tonight.  3 miles?  Only 3 miles?  Sniff.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Holiday running streak - day 5. Monday is usually a rest day, so I ran just 2.01 slow and easy miles.

Hip Redux

Lurker from the RWOL forums just stopping in to check out the new gigs.

Love what you've done with the place.  Smile

On the DL currently, so today will consist of plenty of coffee and work.

Welcome, Oski! A speedy and complete recovery to you.

Jess runs for bacon

Just checked the Running Warehouse's Cyber Monday deals.

AAAACKKKKK!!!!

Saturday I spent $160 on one coat and $60 on another pullover (but I had $10 off and then $25 will be credited by AMEX).

IT'S NOT ENOUGH! I WANT ALL OF THESE THINGS!!!!!!

Anyway, 4 miles for me on the treadmill tonight.

meaghansketch

Good morning folks!

Just over 5 miles for me this morning.  I had all of last week off work but it's time to go back today.  

Have a great day everyone!

Docket_Rocket

Just checked the Running Warehouse's Cyber Monday deals.

AAAACKKKKK!!!!

Saturday I spent $160 on one coat and $60 on another pullover (but I had $10 off and then $25 will be credited by AMEX).

IT'S NOT ENOUGH! I WANT ALL OF THESE THINGS!!!!!!

Anyway, 4 miles for me on the treadmill tonight.

I have a similar problem.  Still, that credit card keeps coming out of my wallet, bahahaha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

not lazy, just tired

Steph - Glad you're feeling better!

Gustav - Almond milk in coffee? yuck. You've got to learn to drink it black.

Flippy - congrats on your streak. My only holiday streak has been the eating.

Oski - Welcome!

I'm going to run this morning. I think about 5 ish miles. I don't feel like running around (and around and around, etc.) the loop at our house so I think I'll drive a bit and do an out and back on a dirt road past a farm and into the woods. Pretty. Snowing right now... maybe extra points, assuming the winter contest is still going on.

Not if it makes sense.

Jess runs for bacon

I have a similar problem.  Still, that credit card keeps coming out of my wallet, bahahaha.

Right?? How can I say no to warm weather tights? I'm pretty peeved though because the pullover I bought on Saturday is one of the items on sale. Sigh. I'd just buy another but I haven't tried it yet. It's the Mizuno Breath material, they had me try it at the store. It's freaky, it warms up when it gets wet.

Jane

Morning I may get some miles in later, I need to clean my house so no fun until after it's done.

Oh I did pick up another pair of cold weather pants at the house this morning.  I need to slow down I now have enough to start with for the upcoming winter.

Never run, if you want to never run, don't start because you'll never stop.

Nevrgivup

LOL. I thought I'd be saving money with this running injury, yet I keep doing the same thing. I rearranged my bathroom with new stuff, bought some comfy flannels the other day, non-running shoes. Retail therapy is a must when injured. Big grin

I'm still nursing this groin injury. Hoping to be out there soon. 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Docket_Rocket

LOL. I thought I'd be saving money with this running injury, yet I keep doing the same thing. I rearranged my bathroom with new stuff, bought some comfy flannels the other day, non-running shoes. Retail therapy is a must when injured. Big grin

I'm still nursing this groin injury. Hoping to be out there soon. 

I have not bought a new suit in forever and I use those as much as my running clothes.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

clintmorningwood

5 or 6 on the agenda today. Did anyone get anything from the runningwarehouse cyber Monday sale?
                            Docket_Rocket

5 or 6 on the agenda today. Did anyone get anything from the runningwarehouse cyber Monday sale?

Apart from the Garmin 610 (which I have) being on sale, the rest of the stuff is meh.  Can live without.

Wait, who said that?Shocked

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Jenven

Good Morning!

SRD for me.

Warm Up Advice Needed! As you know, I've been doing C25K which starts off with a 5 minute walk to "warm up."  Well, the 5 minute walk isn't doing anything for me now the weather is cold. Yesterday, I did 10 minutes on the bike before heading out which I think worked better. It seems like the best warm up is an easy run, but since I'm in the new phase, I'm not sure that running for 5, followed by running for 30 minutes is the best idea. But, w00t! for finally getting up to a solid 30 minute run.

Started C25K on 9/6/12. First 5K set for 1/13/13.