Beginners and Beyond

One size fits most Mondailies! (Read 392 times)

Docket_Rocket

My issue is that I have a genetic disorder called being a putz.  

In layman's terms - I fell and bruised myself good.  Smile

I think you're confusing the term with klutz.  This is the Klutz Anonymous thread.  Welcome.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

It's been a few weeks since I posted that my promotion was approved.  So, this morning I checked my bank account to do some payments and bam!  My promotion was effective yesterday.  It is good to see I can buy more running clothes. Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

I think you're confusing the term with klutz.  This is the Klutz Anonymous thread.  Welcome.

LOL

I meant putz in the sense that I'm an idiot.    

However, it would not be incorrect to also call me a klutz.  

StepbyStep-SH

MtnBikeChick - Bummer. The doctor doesn't exactly sound like someone who is concerned with getting you back to your normal self. But those chicken nuggets sound good. I'd try them for DS, but then he'd want chicken like that all the time, and it's so much easier to just throw it on the grill.

9.5 wonderful miles at a 9:44 average pace. Not exactly flying, but only a few small whimpers from my foot, and it feels OK now. I'll go shorter tomorrow just to play it safe. But it was great being outside again, even if it was 20* (feels like 9*).

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

MtnBikeChick - Bummer. The doctor doesn't exactly sound like someone who is concerned with getting you back to your normal self. But those chicken nuggets sound good. I'd try them for DS, but then he'd want chicken like that all the time, and it's so much easier to just throw it on the grill.

9.5 wonderful miles at a 9:44 average pace. Not exactly flying, but only a few small whimpers from my foot, and it feels OK now. I'll go shorter tomorrow just to play it safe. But it was great being outside again, even if it was 20* (feels like 9*).

I didn't mean to make it sounds so cold - he really is concerned with getting me back.  He said I can ski and basically use pain as my guide for stuff.  If it hurts, don't do it.  He frowned and said "sorry, no running yet."  

And LOL we grill 5 days a week so I thought I'd give Phil the night off and make chicken in the oven!

delicate flower

And LOL we grill 5 days a week so I thought I'd give Phil the night off and make chicken in the oven!

Thank you.  There was football that needed to be watched. 

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Figured I'd start posting over here too, so hey everyone! Smile

6.9 for me this morning.  Seam is coming apart on my gloves which are about a month old, very disappointing, they'll be going back to the store.

Gonna run the Jingle Bell 5K this Saturday, need my PR that I was denied last week thanks to a short course at the Drumstick Dash.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Jenven

It's been a few weeks since I posted that my promotion was approved.  So, this morning I checked my bank account to do some payments and bam!  My promotion was effective yesterday.  It is good to see I can buy more running clothes. Big grin

Speaking of, where do you get your snazzy running socks? Or are they just regular socks?

Started C25K on 9/6/12. First 5K set for 1/13/13.

Luke79

SRD.  Chillin'

My wife was kind enough to get me an Ironman® watch Smile  I guess I'm going to start timing my runs and really see what kind of paces I'm running on a regular basis.  I didn't want to go the GPS route because that would become this whole obsessive mind-fuck for me, but this is a big step towards being more structured about my running (yikes).

Mmmmm...beer

SRD.  Chillin'

My wife was kind enough to get me an Ironman® watch Smile  I guess I'm going to start timing my runs and really see what kind of paces I'm running on a regular basis.  I didn't want to go the GPS route because that would become this whole obsessive mind-fuck for me, but this is a big step towards being more structured about my running (yikes).

That's what I said, but now Santa is bringing me a Garmin.  Next thing you know I'll start doing speed work. Surprised

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

EasyMiles

Hey Dailies-

8 miles easy today with some upper body and core work after.  Felt pretty good after the 10k yesterday.

Adam

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon, Dailies!

Well, I made the drive back home from Jacksonville without incident. Then I went out and ran 4 easy miles, also without incident.

I have to say, this holiday weekend was very good indeed. My nephew got married Saturday. Had a great Thanksgiving dinner at my sister's in Orlando on Thursday. Ohio State beat Michigan. The Browns beat Pittsburgh. The Jacksonville Jaguars won their first home game of the season.

Really, overall, I had a great time with the family all weekend. And, I learned why I don't usually drink hard liquor --- again! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

runmomto3boys

Dave:  Hi!!!

Damaris: Woohoooooo!!!!!!  Congratulations on the promotion/fact that the pay increase kicked in so you can use the extra funds to subsidize your insane running clothes habit!

Shari: I'm glad the foot is on the mend.  Good news.

Adam: Nice work on the EZ miles.

Jess runs for bacon

I was supposed to run 4 tonight on the TM, but I wasn't doing well. Muscles were stiff and cranky so I only made it about two. I'll be able to catch up on the miles later in the week.

4.0 miles in 45:14.91 are done. 11:19 pace.