Beginners and Beyond

Saturday, January 30 (Read 38 times)

LRB

Good morning,

I worked my adductors pretty good during my workout yesterday, so Imma rest them puppies just to be safe.

I haven't been out yet but the sun is shining, that's always nice.

What's going on with you today?

LRB

How did you like that one?

The first half is a bit heavy on dialogue, but it's a solid movie. There is a suspenseful game of cat and mouse, and a really surprising twist at the end. It leaves your mouth agape when it happens!

Docket_Rocket

It was boring!  LOL.  I could predict the ending too.  I wish it had happened sooner and take me off my misery.

Morning.  I slept with no fever, yay me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

It was boring!  LOL.  I could predict the ending too.  I wish it had happened sooner and take me off my misery.

Yes, they talked, a lot.

I didn't see the ending coming though!

Cyberic

Ran 10 easy, tentative miles.

I hurt the base of my right Achilles or bruised the back of my heel on Thursday's run. When I started my run, there was a pressure at the back of my right foot. I should have stopped and checked what was up with that (I suspected at the time I tightened the top of my shoe too much) but I kept on going. I felt that all the way, and during my last interval I remember feeling something wrong there.

Did not run Thursday evening, and yesterday was a RD, so today was my first run since. After maybe half a mile it felt pretty painless. i could feel it, but it was not affecting my running. I felt it more near the end, though.

Zelanie

Thanks for the reviews- I think it's free on prime right now, so hoping to check it out. Smile

Today is cake making day 1- hoping to get the layers done, then tomorrow will be the day to put it all together.  Also, I'll run 6ish or something like that.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

7 muddy miles on the trails with the dogs this morning, while trying to build a bridge out of logs... trying to avoid stepping into ice cold water... I ended up slipping and falling into the ice cold water anyways  Luckily I only had 1.5 miles left. 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

7 muddy miles on the trails with the dogs this morning, while trying to build a bridge out of logs... trying to avoid stepping into ice cold water... I ended up slipping and falling into the ice cold water anyways  Luckily I only had 1.5 miles left. 

Just got your feet wet? Or more than that?

Half Crazy K 2.0

3 on the treadmill. Off to get a crabcake lunch with some friends from college.

LRB

She went for a swim?

Cyberic

She went for a swim?

LOL. I was thinking more in terms of maybe falling on her side or on her knees or something.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No i did not go for a swim . Luckily just feet and hands, this part was only a foot or so deep. My feet were numb if like less than a minute. Next time I'll just go through it.

I was smart enough to have laid my phone on a stump away from the water before I started building my crappy bridge.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 20.2 miles, with 12@MP ( avg pace of 8:52 for the 12), then a hillclimb, then 5.35@MP(avg 8:58).  Overall avg pace was 9:09.  I'm shooting for a 9:00 pace in 4 weeks.  I'm feeling good about it right now.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Good morning!

I ran 20.2 miles, with 12@MP ( avg pace of 8:52 for the 12), then a hillclimb, then 5.35@MP(avg 8:58).  Overall avg pace was 9:09.  I'm shooting for a 9:00 pace in 4 weeks.  I'm feeling good about it right now.

I hope everyone has a great day!

The numbers you are throwing up each month is insane in the membrane, yo.

Cyberic

The numbers you are throwing up each month is insane in the membrane, yo.