Beginners and Beyond

Here we go again; it's MonDAILIES! (Read 50 times)

Good Morning Runners!

Legs are pretty much dead over here from yesterdays progression. Got in 7mi 8:51 avg pace.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

delicate flower

'Monday!  I swam before work.  Will run tonight.

I was looking at my data from my HM Saturday and I ran my last 9 miles at my PR avg pace.  So technically I lost my PR due to my conservative start.  But then again if I went out hard, I probably would have lost my PR in the last four miles.  But whatever...it was still a faster HM than I ran leading into my PR marathon.

<3

not lazy, just tired

Well, my coach wants me to take 4 days off running after my half on Saturday, so no running for me today. I know this old body takes longer to recover these days, but, I dunno, 4 days seems like more than I need. Guess I'll be walking the dog more... he'll be happy 

Not if it makes sense.

oldfartrunner

Morning Runners ,

Easy 6-8 for me later.

Baboon: You are going to kill the marathon!   Dave started a trend.

Lazy: Sounds a little excessive to me too?   One day off, maybe two, and an easy reverse taper is what I usually do.

CY: Congratulations on your Daughters podium!

Every day during this past training cycle, I'd get an email from McMillan telling me what my workout for the day is, as well as what the next day is. So yesterday's email gave me this, for the next day:

Your scheduled workouts for Monday, October 16, 2017

NO WORKOUTS SCHEDULED TODAY

Whew, that's a relief. Anyway, the 90-day running streak comes to an end. Planned to sleep in, but of course got up at about 5:15 anyway.

Dave

Well, my coach wants me to take 4 days off running after my half on Saturday, so no running for me today. I know this old body takes longer to recover these days, but, I dunno, 4 days seems like more than I need. Guess I'll be walking the dog more... he'll be happy 

Unless you're nursing an injury, I don't see the point in that. I would take one day off, maybe 2 if you feel like it, then ramp it back up over the next week or two. Of course if you've actually hired a coach, I guess listen to him/her rather than a bunch of random internet people. But you might ask him/her about it, because that seems unusual. Or if you really want to take some time off running, live it up.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and that's it today.  We arrived near midnight and the cats were too excited to let us sleep much.

lazydog, I agree with Dave.  That sounds a bit extreme, but trust your coach is what I always say.  Mine gave me today and tomorrow but only because I just ran two marathons in two weeks.  She wouldn't be as generous otherwise.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

That seems not only excessive, but counterproductive. I thought an active recovery was better and quicker.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

I developed a headache around 4:00 yesterday that had me in the dumps for most of the evening. Then, this morning, while lying in bed, it dawned on me that I didn't have my coffee yesterday meaning the headache was a result of caffeine withdrawal.

HOW DOES A COFFEE DRINKER FORGET TO DRINK HIS COFFEE?? 

I developed a headache around 4:00 yesterday that had me in the dumps for most of the evening. Then, this morning, while lying in bed, it dawned on me that I didn't have my coffee yesterday meaning the headache was a result of caffeine withdrawal.

Because he didn't have his coffee.

Dave

LRB

Because he didn't have his coffee.

That's actually pretty good. lol

Still in calorie recovery mode...had oatmeal, a bunch of almonds, and a banana, it's 8:15AM and I'm still starving.

Dave

oldfartrunner

Now, how old are you LRB?    Better get the post-its out.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good morning peeps

I pussed out this morning when my alarm went off, my calves are still knotted up and tight and I didn't feel like limping around the gym so today is another rest day.

Of course I am realizing that after a while of walking around, they loosen up so maybe if I walk around all day that'll help. It's been a long time since I've had this issue.....

I am honestly debating on whether I should drop down to the half marathon next month for the Harmonie trail race and just work all winter getting myself back up into marathon shape then going after the Land Between the Lakes Marathon............

That would be the smart decision........... 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good Morning Runners!

Legs are pretty much dead over here from yesterdays progression. Got in 7mi 8:51 avg pace.

Dead legs are better than no legs......

Don't ask... 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)