Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies: Can we just call this week done? (Read 33 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I slogged through 3.3 miles of the planned 12 that I didn't finish yesterday.  It was way too hard and I quit.

I'm wondering if my extra pitiful sleep the last few days might be due to overall fatigue.  I don't want to use the word"overtraining", because that implies I am an athlete with a training plan.  I'll just call it a cutback week from too much slow jogging.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Good morning!

I slogged through 3.3 miles of the planned 12 that I didn't finish yesterday.  It was way too hard and I quit.

I'm wondering if my extra pitiful sleep the last few days might be due to overall fatigue.  I don't want to use the word"overtraining", because that implies I am an athlete with a training plan.  I'll just call it a cutback week from too much slow jogging.

I hope everyone has a great day!

You're hard on yourself, buddy. You are the one who runs the most around here. It is very possible that you feel deep fatigue and that you need some cutback time.

I had a few pints of IPA last evening. Feeling them this morning, but I swapped my Monday RD with today exactly for that reason!

I'll bike to work, though. That will be my exercise for the day.

Half Crazy K 2.0

OMG, yes, please end this week. The end of the school year is just nuts. I am so looking forward to the quiet next week. Calf cramp again today. Not sure about running. If it continues through tomorrow, may need to make a doctor's appointment.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It was one big, hot sweaty mess.

Temperature was 73 degrees, humidity was 94% and dew point was 72.

I only had Jetta run the first 5.1 miles with me then dropped her off at home with some water. Then I suffered the last 5 by myself. Just glad to get it done. So in total, I ran 10.1 miles this morning and am so happy to say that today's run is done.

I did find some beauty during this nasty run.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Mr MattM

4 before the sun... we're supposed to hit 100F today, so I have that to look forward to...

be curious; not judgmental

delicate flower

Hello friends lmao.  I am 6 days into a mini 9 day taper and my body is feeling it.  jhfc.    Just walking around, it feels like my legs are dragging behind me.  I almost forgot what that feels like.  Anyway, easy bike ride tonight.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Yes, please.  End this week!

Pilates and either 6 or 3 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Dave

LRB

My right achilles was being a little bitch right out of the gate this morning. That tightness progressed to my ankle, and eventually my shin to the point I started hobbling slightly.  I finally stopped around the 2.5 mile mark to walk it off and briefly considered turning around, but it worked itself out and I finished the 7 mile run.

TL;DR - 7. 

From the Internet.

I'm SO. HUNGRY. What do I want for lunch?? I have to buy it today. Interview this morning so I ran out of my house in a panic without a lunch.

Did a super fun workout this morning! The Switchblade. A+ would run again. 6 mile tempo sounded wholly unappetizing with all the long steady efforts I've been running for my medium-long and long runs, this made the same volume of tempo running a little faster and much more fun. 2 mile pairs: 8:13/7:50, 8:05/7:46, 8:03/7:36. That 8:03 mile at the beginning of the third rep felt phenomenally easy, it was great. 9.5 miles total with warmup/cooldown.

LRB

The Switchblade.

That's an interesting twist on an oldie but goodie, now go eat all the food.

Docket_Rocket

I had lunch an hour ago and I'm already hungry.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I had lunch an hour ago and I'm already hungry.

I just paid the check and I'm already hungry.

LRB

omg I want some lemonheads, now!

onemile

omg I want some lemonheads, now!

ME TOO.