Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #236 (Read 25 times)

Seriously, people!

9 miles, intended to be just easy. Partway into mile 3, I looked down at my watch and saw I was at 7:40. I figured why not just try to run the remaining 7 miles around MP. So I did that. Averaged about 7:25 on the MP miles. 

63.6 for the week.

Dave

KCRuns

Nice job Dave!

SRD for me

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon! I have 10 tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles. They sucked, the humidity was back and it felt 100x worse after the brief tease of fall earlier this week.

onemile

I was gimping pretty bad during the WU today so almost scrapped the wko but after 2 miles the ham felt a lot better so thought I better attempt the workout assigned which was 2x 20 minutes of 100m fast, 100m slow on the track with the first set running fast on the straights and the second set running fast on the curves.  Mr. O ran the first set with me and then ran the 2nd alone - didn't push too hard because I was still feeling that hamstring& hip on the fast parts. Sooooo overall I am sure it was too slow but better than nothing, maybe?

the biggest accomplishment this week was actually doing all 3 workouts assigned.  (I have low standards for myself lately )

delicate flower

I ran 21 easy this morning, which gave me 78.3 for the week.  PR week for me by 2.5 miles.  Going for 80 is tempting but it's not gonna happen.  This morning's run was weird...slow and tiring first 10 miles, then I finally got going and had a negative split.  I didn't try to do that but that is how the run shook out.  I usually feel good after two miles, not ten miles.

Also, why does the most expensive grocery store in town attract some of the cheapest people?  That store seriously tests my patience sometimes.  (I am talking about The Fresh Market, if anybody has one of those)

<3

sdWhiskers

the biggest accomplishment this week was actually doing all 3 workouts assigned.  (I have low standards for myself lately )

Hope you don't cause further injury. Why 3 workouts right now? I forget what race you are targeting (psst it will get canceled)

sdWhiskers

8.7 miles with 2 or so on the beach. Legs are always a bit sore and creaky after running on sand. Saw warning signs for sharks with hundreds of surfers in the water. Stopped and watched a pod of dolphins (not sharks) swim by.

Still gross outside here with no end in sight. Was thinking about 5k training over next few weeks to run a now virtual 5k in Sept as a TT but hell no, this weather is our worst.

onemile

Hope you don't cause further injury. Why 3 workouts right now? I forget what race you are targeting (psst it will get canceled)

No I am not targeting any race. Just trying to do what my coach asks of me and not get too out of shape so I am not starting from scratch if races resume next year. I wouldn't really call it an injury as it's something that feels better once I get warmed up.  If it hadn't gotten better I wouldn't have bothered to try the workout. And it didn't get worse throughout the workout, so I figure it's fine to continue.  Those are the guidelines I use when deciding to continue training or rest...

3, right quad and leg still recovering from Thursday, hopefully they’ll be ready Tuesday

... and work day for me

sdWhiskers

No I am not targeting any race. Just trying to do what my coach asks of me and not get too out of shape so I am not starting from scratch if races resume next year. I wouldn't really call it an injury as it's something that feels better once I get warmed up.  If it hadn't gotten better I wouldn't have bothered to try the workout. And it didn't get worse throughout the workout, so I figure it's fine to continue.  Those are the guidelines I use when deciding to continue training or rest...

Makes sense. Try not to be too hard on yourself!

Cyberic

Good job Dave

HCK humidity is back here too, but not as much as before, thankfully.

Onemile, nice job getting your runs and your workouts in.

Baboon, congrats on the mileage PR! 78 miles is a lot! And so is 21 miles, btw! There's still a good runner in you

SD, sucks about your weather. Staying in shape is about the best you can do IMO in those conditions.

I ran 7 with my weekly 10s HS.  83.5

RunningOnSand

You guys are putting in some nice work.

Baboon, congrats on the mileage PB!

Cyber, nice mileage as always.

Onemile, that's good your hip loosened up.

Dave, sounds like one of those phenomenal runs.

Whiskers & HC, that sounds atrocious; I'm with you in the disgustingness factor outside. Yuck.

Daffy, have a good day at work. Hope your quad continues to behave.

Docket, have a good 10 tonight.

KC, enjoy your RD!

I walked 4, but my Garmin clocked me at 3. WTF. I can understand a small margin of error, but come on. Off by a mile?! Grr. I'll go in and manually change it. It must be where I walk, b/c whenever I'm on that trail it can be waaaayyyyy off. Yesterday I was really booking it on my cool down walk, and it said I was going at a 35:46 per mile. Ha.

Cyberic

I just checked my Garmin Connect app and my avg daily steps for the last 7 days is 23,224 . On top of my running there are a couple of days in the week in which I walked a few miles. The Woman does not run, so she want me to be active with her

bluerun

Super B****

Just came here to say I did something stupid and ran my age, which I can't do on my actual Gregorian calendar birthday since it's too close to virtual Boston (or I'm just too damn old), which is also stupid, because how the hell I am going to run a marathon in three weeks is a mystery.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog