Beginners and Beyond

Sunny SaturDAILY For Penguins (Read 25 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the caommon benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning !!!  Hope everyone is staying  warm.  Short run for us when it "warms" up.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good morning Jerry and other penguins soon to follow!

Went out for an hour of easy running this morning. Now it's time to shop for a bathroom renovation....

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

I just did my last run; 30 minutes with some strides. It is 34 outside but once the sun came up it was a lot warmer, or so it felt. Carb loading begins now!! I already had a Clif bar and some Gatorade. Next up is pancakes and some Power Bar Energy Blasts.  Then it's off to the expo and hotel.  COME ON!!! LET'S DO THIS!!!

on my way to badass

Good Morning Penguins!

Have a great run Jerry!

Gustav- enjoy the shopping.

Jack- Good luck tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to your RR.

I'm working today.  I should be able to get my long run in before dark.  Hoping for 6 miles.  The weather seems to be cooperating mostlyWink

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

obiebyke

Jack, enjoy the carbs and the building adrenaline!

It's -9 out there. 5.5 on tap for me today. Eep!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Bin Running

Hi everyone.

Jack, good luck. Go kill it.

5.5M done in the morning and went for a blood donation.  I relooked at the official result of my FM and realized I do have a fairly even split rather that 7-8 min positive as calculated by garmin. Crossed the half at 2:02+ and finished in 4:04. Maybe 10sec positive. Not sure why but pretty hyped over it now.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

PADRunner

Good luck Jack!

tracilynn

-9 holy cow. I couldn't do it.  that's hardcore!

jack, yay for carbs! Excited for you and C

bin,  2:02 second half is really strong.

Looks like lots of y'all are getting some good runs in today despite the frigid weather.

Im headed to the gym today for a free personal trainer thingy They do. My right calf hurts today so hope he takes it easy on me.

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi Pens.

I just did my last run; 30 minutes with some strides. It is 34 outside but once the sun came up it was a lot warmer, or so it felt. Carb loading begins now!! I already had a Clif bar and some Gatorade. Next up is pancakes and some Power Bar Energy Blasts.  Then it's off to the expo and hotel.  COME ON!!! LET'S DO THIS!!!

You are so ready, Jack !!!  Have fun in Tucson.

Zelanie

Morning!  It's sunny and 10 degrees F outside.  It got down to 7 overnight.  I have never seen it this cold here.  Snow, obviously, is still hanging around.  I don't know what the main roads are like, but in the neighborhood the roads are all packed snow.  We don't salt roads in Oregon, and honestly don't have a lot of sanding trucks or plows.  Hopefully they're able to get the main roads into shape by today.

I do feel bad for the local businesses.  I bet a lot of people were planning to go out and do some shopping this weekend, and considering the weather, they might just shop online instead.

Jerry- Hope you're staying warm out there!

Gus- Are you going DIY, or getting somebody to come in?

Jack- All right!  Have fun today!  Good luck tomorrow!

StoneFence- Have a good run!

Obie- Yikes!  On the other hand, just one step and you'll be eligible for the "more miles than degrees" club.

Bin- That is great news!  Even splitting your first marathon is a fantastic accomplishment!  Thanks for donating blood.  I might go in and see if I have enough iron now after the finals for the 2013 game are over.

PAD- Morning!  Sorry about your race. Sad

Traci- Hope the personal trainer has lots of good info for you, and isn't too much of a personal torturer.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good Saturday afternoon Penguins.

I just finished 4.5 miles in (sorry most of you) what feels like summer weather, 77*.  It's supposed to rain here later today so I'm glad I have some miles done.

Running for TJ because he can't.

on my way to badass

Bin-  Those are wonderful results!

Obie and Zelanie- Yikes!

Traci- enjoy the workout.

Robert-  77F would be almost too warm!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

GinnyinPA

Good afternoon everybody.

Cold and partly sunny here.  I wish it was a running day, as tomorrow is supposed to be snow and ice, but I don't want to push it on my first week back to "normal" running (e.g. more than once a week.)  I may change my mind later though, if it warms up.

Jerry - I hope you get a good run in today.

Gustav - good luck with the renovation.  Bathrooms are very satisfying to remodel, since you use them all the time.

Jack - enjoy your carb loading and your race tomorrow.

StoneFence - Enjoy your run later.

Obie - that's way too cold for me.  I don't think I'd be able to breathe (cold air makes me cough) and my eyes and nose would be running so much I'd be blind.

Bin - great job on the FM.  Even splits on a first is a real tribute to your training.

Traci - have fun at the gym.

Z - have you been able to get out to enjoy the snow at all?  Do you have skis or snowshoes?

Robert  - are you in Florida?  77 in December, that's warm.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good afternoon everybody.

Cold and partly sunny here.  I wish it was a running day, as tomorrow is supposed to be snow and ice, but I don't want to push it on my first week back to "normal" running (e.g. more than once a week.)  I may change my mind later though, if it warms up.

Robert  - are you in Florida?  77 in December, that's warm.

No, Georgia just south of Savannah. on the coast.  Cool

Running for TJ because he can't.