Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES Afternoon (Read 49 times)

happylily

Not yet, but it will be afternoon soon, courtesy of the Moody Blues from 1970. Back in the days when people knew how to dress slightly ridiculous, but oh so cool.

So, what are you wearing today?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

For a moment, you raised my hopes that it was afternoon!

Morning!  I have Pilates and 5-6 miles tonight.

wearing?  A suit.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

I have 8 miles with 10x100m strides tonight. It looks like more rain here today, so no summer dress. But I think I'll go with a running skirt and tank. Then I'll be ready for my run after work and I'll save on laundry. Good plan.

happylily

For a moment, you raised my hopes that it was afternoon!

Morning!  I have Pilates and 5-6 miles tonight.

wearing?  A suit.

We need a pic of you in a suit. I bet you look delightfully respectable.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Good morning all.

Jeans, a "dressier" t-shirt & running shoes. We get to dress down when there are no students in the building, so this will be my work attire until July 1.

Weights after work. My heel is still tender, so not going to test it today.

Cyberic

I'm wearing shorts and a golf 'polo' shirt (you know, with a collar and three buttons). I really need a shave, been 3-4 days. I'll  just sit at my desk all day and program stuff.

Dunno if I'll run at lunch or at 4, after work yet. But it should be 6 miles at easy pace.

With all this easy running, and some little adductor stretching I've been doing in the past 2-3 days, I actually feel good. I'll test my legs tomorrow on the track. If I scr*w the leg up again, I'll be done with that for a while.

From the Internet.

Morning! Feeling marginally less sad today, like maybe it really will get easier at some point.

20 minute tempo at 7:40 pace this morning, just over 6.5 miles with warmup/cooldown. I do believe I might be in shorter-distance PR shape - poking back through my log, my last 20 minute tempo before my 5 and 10K PRs (7:36 and 8:00 are PR paces, respectively) was at 8:02 pace. That's a pretty solid difference.

Was sorta-planning to race this weekend but hadn't totally decided or registered yet, will depend on whether or not DH makes plans with his dad on Father's Day - need to give him a nudge on that so I can map out the rest of my week, I'll run long Thursday if I race Sunday, otherwise I'll find something next weekend.

Currently I am wearing a bathrobe  I will put on real clothes before I go to work.

Good morning, people.

Lily, thank you for starting today's thread. Enjoy your eight with strides.

Damaris, I hope that Pilates and running go well.

HCK2.0, have a great workout. I hope that resting helps you heal.

Cyberic99, have a pleasant run.

Lauren, beautiful tempo run this morning. I hope that, whatever happened, it's fun.

7.1 miles in 1:03:21. 8:55 pace. Not bad, considering that I'm going with less than four hours of sleep and not having had any coffee since late March.

I'm wearing a black calf-length knit pencil skirt, a black crew neck long-sleeve workout shirt, a purple hoodie, my old Saucony Virratas (I should have bought more while they were around), and my Garmin 210. Perfect for doing my speedwork with the kids.

LRB

'Sup.

Navy blue khakis, sky blue top. Just picture a big ass overgrown kid wearing Garanimals. lol

delicate flower

Hey.  Busy.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Lauren, continued hugs.  It took us a while not to burst out crying at odd moments and it does get better, even though she will never be forgotten.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

cjones1

Good morning!  7 easy, unexpectedly wet miles in the rain this morning.

Khakis and a blue polo.  Your stereotypical suburban dad Tuesday morning getup.

Speaking of random bursts of sadness, I was listening to the radio on the way to work this morning, ESPN to be exact.  When it went to commercial, I changed stations and they were playing the "Dad song of the day" since Father's Day is coming up.  So there I was, a grown ass man, crying as I am pulling up to the security guard gate at my office.  Damn you, Conway Twitty!

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

From the Internet.

Lauren, continued hugs.  It took us a while not to burst out crying at odd moments and it does get better, even though she will never be forgotten.

I was holding it together fairly well this morning and then I got a handmade card/poem in the mail for Scrambles from the cats and family of an Internet acquaintance who I've never even met in real life. Burst out bawling like a baby. The Internet is an amazing place, the amount of support from all of you who only know me from pictures and words has been SO so helpful through this process. Just knowing that I'm not alone makes it easier to bear.

Aww, cjones, that's kinda sweet!

9 miles total with the Hansons ladder intervals: 400-800-1200-1600-1200-800-400, with 400 recoveries.

I am only very loosely following Hansons, but I have the plan on a calendar, so since this workout came up this week I figured why not. Kind of tough, but kind of fun. A bit slower than my normal interval paces, but I am going to blame the 5k three days ago, and the pace did pick up as the intervals progressed.

Black dress pants with blue & white stripe dress shirt.

Dave

Zelanie

Blue and white dress, jean jacket, leather sandals from Costa Rica.

Basya, what size Virratas do you wear?  I have a size 9 pair in the back of my closet that didn't really work out for me.  They've got a little less than 100 miles on them.

I have a training to go to today, and then a NBA game to watch, so probably a RD, although I may sneak some miles in this afternoon.