Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 29 times)

LRB

Hi.

I ran for an hour. It was another stinker. At least I've been consistent in that regard.

onemile

Hi.

I ran for an hour. It was another stinker. At least I've been consistent in that regard.

Mine was considerably better but I'm glad I decided to wait until tomorrow to attempt my workout

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I got up this morning!!!!!!!

Made it to the gym, got kind of sick to my stomach... blaming it on the pre-workout or whatever stuff.

Then I forced myself out the gym doors and got a run in. It was horrifically humid and no wind and 76 degrees and just BLAH!

The sweat would not stop, but I got in 5.6 miles so I am pleased.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 9 with a long ass MP/tempo set without breaks.  I'll check back if/when I survive it, lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

6.1mi Accotink Trail and access road, I love the Accotink, been running there since June 1982.  If I didn’t need to work on road crown and if my inside and middle ham would let me, all my runs would be accotink.

Virtual Tour, click on the numbers to see pics:

http://www.restonpaths.com/LakeAccotink/index.htm

Today’s start point was #10 and ran counter clockwise towards the lake:  dirt railroad grade down, then a couple of dirt over bumps, take right on the park access road for out & backs for road crown, back by the marina and carousel, across 100 feet of beach sand to more dirt over bumps that turn into flat paved park path and then finish up and over a nice road hill.

Lots of different ways to run accotink, add hills and or flat.  The east side is part of the cross country trail; #16 is one of my start points for longer stream grade runs...from there I run north off the page.

http://www.restonpaths.com/LakeAccotink/index.htm

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

It was 76 when I began my run and 86 when I finished 70 minutes later.  There was a lot of walking the last 1.5 miles in the bright sun.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

another warm, humid morning. Did a mile warm-up, 3x5k, and a mile warm-down. First 5k was decent, second a little less and third was a struggle but I finished.  Sweat so much that I think I stopped sweating. But sure beats running in January!

I'm on my 6th ~8oz glasses of water at work and not the slightest urge yet to make a trip to the men's room...

onemile

But sure beats running in January!

RP and I ran in -6 degrees last February and we both agreed we preferred that to running in the heat

RP and I ran in -6 degrees last February and we both agreed we preferred that to running in the heat

Even better to do neither. 

Dave

onemile

must be nice!

Half Crazy K 2.0

I hate being cold. I will be under a blanket in summer. But I way prefer running in bitter cold to heat and humidity.

sdWhiskers

+1

sdWhiskers

8 miles with 2 x 15 min at 10k then 5 x 30s at 5k. I'm always dreading these workouts and they are hard but I did good.

No weather issues here. Legs are still pretty sore from the gym on Monday. Like every time I sit down or stand up my hamstrings, glutes and quads yell at me.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

If anyone is complaining about the heat, consider this:

Winners at Badwater, start at 282 ft below sea level in Death Valley and finish at Mt Whitney Portal, 8250 ft elevation with temps reaching 120F during the day

Y. Ishikawa, from Japan, wins the 135 mile race in 21:33.

P.Bereznowska, from Poland, was 1st woman and second overall in 24:13

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.