Beginners and Beyond

Sub 2 Saturdailies (Read 36 times)

delicate flower

Wake up, party people!!  Post your Saturday activities, obligations, hikinx, and shenanigans here!

I'm fixing to go jog the Hartford Marathon.  BRB!

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

I have a 5k in 2 hours.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Wake up, party people!!  Post your Saturday activities, obligations, hikinx, and shenanigans here!

So 1:59 something?

LRB

Go get it! Just follow the lasers.

I recorded the sub-2 to watch this morning. Normally the first thing I do in the morning is open my iPad. But I was pretty sure I would run into a spoiler pretty quickly, so I refrained. I didn’t actually watch the full 2 hrs - a time trial is not really very compelling viewing, TBH. Ended up fast forwarding & watching the last 15 min. Pretty cool to see the finish. Sure enough, I open my iPad and the first thing I see is a couple news notifications on it. Then all over my FB feed, then this place. Of course not the real thing, but seemed closer to real race conditions than the last one, and of course he was 45 sec faster. Doubt he could replicate it in a race, but maybe his WR is looking a bit softer now.

Dave

LRB

I recorded the sub-2 to watch this morning. Normally the first thing I do in the morning is open my iPad. But I was pretty sure I would run into a spoiler pretty quickly, so I refrained. I didn’t actually watch the full 2 hrs - a time trial is not really very compelling viewing, TBH. Ended up fast forwarding & watching the last 15 min. Pretty cool to see the finish. Sure enough, I open my iPad and the first thing I see is a couple news notifications on it. Then all over my FB feed, then this place.

Oops.

I actually completely forgot about it. I came home last night and hit the sack at 8:00. I was done for!

Oops.

Not criticizing, I did not expect the world to put the news on hold for me. Just knew I wouldn’t be able to avoid it in any of the regular places I go online.

Dave

I have a 5k in 2 hours.

Enough time to run a marathon for warmup! Bluerun would do it.

Dave

LRB

Not criticizing, I did not expect the world to put the news on hold for me. Just knew I wouldn’t be able to avoid it in any of the regular places I go online.

I haven't been in the bubble in a while. But yeah, you pretty much have to avoid everything, even eye contact with certain people!

I haven't been in the bubble in a while. But yeah, you pretty much have to avoid everything, even eye contact with certain people!

Fortunately no risk of eye contact getting up at 4:30 AM. I don’t record many sporting events these days. Actually I did record the Bears game last Sunday, as it was on during prime LR time. But figured I could get through it. Turns out if I had seen a spoiler, I could’ve saved myself some aggravation. 

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I woke up at like 3 AM and laid in bed until 4:05, got up and happily got dressed in long sleeves and capris for 37 degrees. The dogs and I ran 7 miles on the trails.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

RunningOnSand

I had fully intended on getting up early and finishing my run by now. But, when the clock read 11pm last night, I said FTS and turned off my alarm. Scratch that. I reset my alarm for 8:10. Which I ended up snoozing through.  I finally got up at 8:40. Now I'm sipping on the nectar of the gods, while watching a wet snow fall.  And did I mention it's 33* with a "feels like" temp of 23*? At least the snow will slow down as the day progresses, and it'll warm up a couple degrees by the time I finally get out for my slog.

Oh, and 1:59:40. Unfuckingbelievable (and yet believable). Even though it won't be official, dayum.

RunningOnSand

PS. Our neighbors host an annual Chili Cookoff, and it's gotten to be a pretty huge event. There's like 20 spots for people to sign up to bring a chili, plus about 5-10 spots for people to sign up to bring a beverage, and then we all vote and the winner takes home a golden ladle (if you're the chili winner) and I forget what the beverage winner brings home. Oh plus gift cards. In either case, they've also got a keg and a bunch of wine, and stuff for the kids to do--it's super fun. All of this rambling to say that I had originally intended to make and bring my famous Sangria recipe, but since it'll be snowing and in the 30s (did I mention this is an outdoor event?), I decided to make and bring a Glogg . I'm about to get my groove on making it!

LRB

I decided to make and bring a Glogg . I'm about to get my groove on making it!

Me, the last time I tried port wine..

LRB

All my friends love it though so that's me being the oddball again.