Beginners and Beyond

SaturBeautifulMorningDailies (Read 28 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

60 degrees and low humidity with bright sunshine and a light breeze at 7:00 am.  The day we deserve after all that heat and humidity.  Just gorgeous.  Six miles easy for me, again.  Tomorrow, I get to go for eight.  I hope many of you are getting nice weather as well.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I'm 60 miles into a 75 miles ride.  I broke the rear shifter cable about 30 miles ago, and .sitting in front of a bicycle shop waiting for it to open.  It was a slow and hard trip to limp this far on a 2-speed, and I can't make it back up the mountain to get home with the gear I have it wired into now.  I'll just tolerate the boredom and wait it out.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

oops

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Watching the England v. Sweden match and then heading to OTF.  7 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Ran 10. The end.

onemile

Cyberic

sdWhiskers

9 miles with the last 2 faster. Weather was AMAZING after what we have been dealing with the past 9 days. Of course, I fly home tomorrow.

Spent 2 hours in urgent care yesterday with my little guy. He's had stomach pains for the last 3 days. Bad things were ruled out but we still don't have a solution.

delicate flower

75 on the bike with tired legs.  The heat wave this week beat me up.  This morning was great though...even a little too cold when I headed out.

<3

LRB

9 miles with the last 2 faster. Weather was AMAZING after what we have been dealing with the past 9 days. Of course, I fly home tomorrow.

Spent 2 hours in urgent care yesterday with my little guy. He's had stomach pains for the last 3 days. Bad things were ruled out but we still don't have a solution.

To say that is worrisome is an understatement. Hopefully you get good news and/or a resolution soon!

zzyzx

After nearly a month without a long run, I went out today. I said that I needed to get 6.5 (a half half) in, was hoping for 7. I did 8.1. It wasn't exactly fast (about 30 s/mile slower than I have been doing), but 3 months out from a half with all of the traveling and infection setbacks, that at least gives me something to build on.

Docket_Rocket

sdWhiskers, ugh.  Hoping it's nothing major and that they find the cause to make it better.

2 miles at OTF and a shit ton of kicks, rows, and jumps.  If kickboxing didn't kick my ass yesterday, this shit will.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SD- Hope you get some answers. Never fun when the little ones aren’t well.

Ran 12.25 at my local hilly park. 7:33/mi pretty easy aerobically but legs and such started to get a little fatigued by the end.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Coastal

With recommendations like that I'll have to try Mtn. Dew once my volume gets back up to that level.

Jay, ROS, anyone else who remembers EricaH from RWOL.  She ran a 18:12 5K the other day off of a Hudson 5K plan.  She's getting fast.

DaveP:  How's things?  If you get down this way this summer we ought to grab a beer at Pelican or DeGarde (award winning sour beers).

SDWhiskers:  Whiplash from a ride really sucks and I hope it feels better today.

No running --  Hit my shin bone while deadlifting.  The bar had unusually sharp knurling so it drew blood in several places.  The worst part was it hurt so my reflex was to pull it away mid lift which put my back out of alignment.  The dull pop in my back told me that move was a real bad idea and that I was done for the day.  Progressively worse sciatica and back pain the next two days led to half a day at urgent care.  Pred, muscle relaxants, X-rays which may or may not have found something, and see my regular doc next week.  There are no real restrictions on movement -- just do what is comfortable.  So far reading a novel and re-reading Let Your Mind Run (Deena Kastor's book -- I recommend it highly for the insight on the mental aspects of elite training) and some easy walks have been what's comfortable but I need to get out and mooove...  Not planning on any running until after seeing my regular doc but might try walking on a short and easy soft surface flat trail.  Too much sitting can be as bad for back pain as too much activity.

Docket_Rocket

Coastal, that sounds painful!

Damaris

Fundraising Page