Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 29 times)

LRB

I'll be resting again today.

delicate flower

Hello LRB and all comers to the dailies thread!  I had a 2400 yard masters swim before work.  Not a bad workout as these things go.  I've got a bike speed workout after work.  These next three days are going to be hard.  I guess the bike workouts are helping because I was ranked 12/72 on the bike in my triathlon Sunday.  Usually I'm around top third.

<3

From the Internet.

Half marathon prep is starting already! Went to my club's tempo run this morning and my coach had me do 5 miles. Conservative, steady 7:45s for the first 4, closer to 7:20 for the last one when I told myself I could start closing the gap on the runners ahead of me if I was feeling really good; will pace things a little more evenly for the next longer tempo, just kinda wanted to start getting a handle on where I'm at right now HM fitness wise this morning. 8 total with warmup and cooldown.

onemile

I ran 9. My legs are fried.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  OTF tonight.

Damaris

No more marathons

I walked yesterday.

I'll fly today.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

bluerun

Super B****

25 trainer miles... swimming tonight for the first time in a few weeks.  Maybe I'll drown.

My shoes aren't being delivered until tomorrow.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Crap sleep for the second time in the last three nights. Thought that maybe yesterday's shit show would make today's run better. No dice. Still pretry rough. Finally warmed up after about 5 miles, just in tIke to finish with 12 strides, which felt like they went OK. 8 miles total.

Training question later when I have a few extra minutes, So, everyone stay close to your interweb devices.

Dave

Cyberic

My eye glasses prescription is over due, and I don't feel like getting a new appointment, so I ordered new contacts from contactlensking dot com. Since I'm in Canada, they don't check if my eye prescription is valid. Boom!

I'm deciding how many 2-2s I'll be doing at lunch as I'm writing this. I'll go for 6, at 5Kish pace. Should be enough of a workout to get my breathing high, and shouldn't be too much for my out of shape body. Maybe I'll have to run at a slightly slower pace, but it's all good!

Cyberic

My eye glasses prescription is over due, and I don't feel like getting a new appointment, so I ordered new contacts from contactlensking dot com. Since I'm in Canada, they don't check if my eye prescription is valid. Boom!

I'm deciding how many 2-2s I'll be doing at lunch as I'm writing this. I'll go for 6, at 5Kish pace. Should be enough of a workout to get my breathing high, and shouldn't be too much for my out of shape body. Maybe I'll have to run at a slightly slower pace, but it's all good!

Ran 5 with 6 x 2 minutes @ 6:00-6:05 w/ 2 minutes jog, at it was hard. Not OMG hard, but I was glad I did not have a 7th to do.

Training question later when I have a few extra minutes, So, everyone stay close to your interweb devices.

So, 10k on Sunday. It was built into my McMillan schedule. However, here is the week:

Tues = 8 w/strides

Wed  = 10-12

Thurs = 5

Fri = Hill repeats, 8-10 x 60-75 sec + wu/cd

Sat = 3-4

Sun = Race

I would not normally do a hard workout 2 days before a race. Not a goal race, but still. Thinking about switching Thurs & Fri. Thoughts?

Dave

delicate flower

So, 10k on Sunday. It was built into my McMillan schedule. However, here is the week:

Tues = 8 w/strides

Wed  = 10-12

Thurs = 5

Sat = 3-4

Sun = Race

I would not normally do a hard workout 2 days before a race. Not a goal race, but still. Thinking about switching Thurs & Fri. Thoughts?

Well you are looking at 8-10 minutes total of hill intervals.  That shouldn't take too much out of you for the Sunday 10K.  I'd probably move it to Thursday though so I'd have two easy days heading into the race.  Either way, you are training right through it and are not going to be fresh.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, I would still do it as planned.  Shouldn't be too bad overall.

Damaris

onemile

Tues = 8 w/strides

Wed  = 10-12

Thurs = 5

Sat = 3-4

Sun = Race

I see no reason not to do it on Thursday if you want.

Runshortii

I ran 10. It was hot and my legs felt like garbage.