Beginners and Beyond

What's Your Poison? (Read 62 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Other than running, I have another passion - photography. And I must say that whiskey/bourbon bottles are great objects to play with and to improve my photographic skills. Here are a couple photos of my hardest/favorite whiskeys.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Ivy? 

Docket_Rocket

I cannot see your pictures.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Stupid damn website  Hang on a sec

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Is it fixed?

PRs

From the Internet.

I can see them now!

I have a nice digital camera that I really should use more. I was really into photography in high school and college, and then when my daughter was born I just lost interest in a lot of things, photography included, and never really got back to it save for a day here and there. Maybe this will be the year.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I can see them now!

I have a nice digital camera that I really should use more. I was really into photography in high school and college, and then when my daughter was born I just lost interest in a lot of things, photography included, and never really got back to it save for a day here and there. Maybe this will be the year.

Luckily I've never lost my interest when Dorian was born, I just lost time lol. I've always been more of a landscape, nature, wildlife and Urban photographer and it's really difficult to do those when you've got to ask a family member to watch your kid AFTER possibly having someone watch them while you run. I haven't done as much shooting in the last 4 years as I'd like, but I'm getting back into it and finding ways to get out during the weekends. I also try to get creative in the house or shop, like with these.

PRs

onemile

What kind of camera do you have?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What kind of camera do you have?

Canon T2i

PRs

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

In the running department, I prefer Jack.

In the whiskey department, I prefer Jack.

In the whisky department, I prefer Glenmorangie.

delicate flower

When not running, or recently, swimming and biking, I prefer to do a little as possible while remaining a fully functioning human.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol. I haven't drank Jack since I was like 19-20 years old, and I avoid it. There is no Jack in my house, Jack seems to bring out DH's demons so we just avoid it. I love Jim Beam, I love Wild Turkey, I love Knob Creek and Four Roses BUT I really, really enjoy Jim Beam.

PRs

onemile

Canon T2i

Oh, I have the T5 which I think is pretty similar. And then I have the Tamron 18-270 lens for it.

I like photography but mostly only do it when I travel.  Which means I could use more practice.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

My wife got me a beer brewing kit for Christmas.  I am sorry to say it is more addictive than running.  I have spent 5 times as much on equipment than what the initial kit cost.  I have bottled 3 batches, and the last 2 were pretty good.  I have 2 batches in the fermentors now.  If I could only run, brew beer, eat, and drink beer seven days a week- hell yeah.

Runner with a riding problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Oh, I have the T5 which I think is pretty similar. And then I have the Tamron 18-270 lens for it.

I like photography but mostly only do it when I travel.  Which means I could use more practice.

I have that lens too, with a couple others but I love the 18-270 for it's range Smile

PRs