Beginners and Beyond

Fit as a Fiddle FriDAILIES (Read 29 times)

LRB

Ha, more like dead as a doornail!

As a whole, runners are some of the most self-deprecating people you will come across. It's actually pretty weird that we share that, and annoying.

LRB

Anyway, I have 6 on the books for this morning. What's on your schedule?

Cyberic

Anyway, I have 6 on the books for this morning. What's on your schedule?

Nothing. Zip. SRD.

Cyberic

As a whole, runners are some of the most self-deprecating people you will come across.

I think Baboon thinks he's awesome 

No more marathons

Yeah, but in a very self-deprecating way. Smile

Nothing on the schedule, but new shoes came yesterday - might need to give them a short break-in.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 6.6 very slow miles.  The mind was wanting to go for me this morning, but the body said no.  This running thing gives you much to ponder sometimes.

I hope everyone has a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day. At least there is a 0% chance if rain on Sunday.

LRB

It was 49 so I threw on shorts and a singlet and stepped outside to run. I walked two steps and said FTS, came back in and put on a short sleeve top. Well, I should've out on tights and gloves as well because I froze my **** off.

Apparently, the temps dropped rapidly during my run and with a 10 MPH wind, I paid dearly.

#clothingfail

Half Crazy K 2.0

It was 49 so I threw on shorts and a singlet and stepped outside to run. I walked two steps and said FTS, came back in and put on a short sleeve top. Well, I should've out on tights and gloves as well because I froze my **** off.

Apparently, the temps dropped rapidly during my run and with a 10 MPH wind, I paid dearly.

#clothingfail

There's a thread on the main page that may help you with that problem. 

delicate flower

'Morning!  A planned morning jog has turned into a planned evening jog on account of a 5 AM headache.  An extra 90 minutes of sleep seems to have cured that.  Race day tomorrow!

No, just incredibly handsome.

<3

delicate flower

According to the April race thread:

04/02 Dtothe2nd - Altamont Marathon (Training run for 100 Miler, Goal: To Finish)

04/02  Baboon - Greater Hartford Quarter Marathon (yes, 6.55 miles)

04/02 DavePNW - Go Long SR520 Bridge Run 10K

04/03 BerthaSlayer - Ann Arbor Marathon

04/03 Half Crazy K 2.0 - Atlantic City Half Marathon

04/03 bluerun - Ladies First 5K

Anyone else?  Speak up!

<3

Zelanie

Help me read the MRI tea leaves.  I have a week until I get to find out.  When we were almost done, the radiologist came on and said he was going to "take a couple of extra views from the axial plane".  Is this something that happens frequently?  Does it mean he found something and wanted a look from another angle?  Does it mean he found nothing but wanted a thorough picture?

LRB

Help me read the MRI tea leaves.  I have a week until I get to find out.  When we were almost done, the radiologist came on and said he was going to "take a couple of extra views from the axial plane".  Is this something that happens frequently?  Does it mean he found something and wanted a look from another angle?  Does it mean he found nothing but wanted a thorough picture?

It's hard to say. You could've simply moved ever so slightly and blurred the area in the previous shot. I'm not sure the person that takes the pics is the same one that reads them anyway, but I could be wrong.

5 miles.

Dave

Zelanie

It's hard to say. You could've simply moved ever so slightly and blurred the area in the previous shot. I'm not sure the person that takes the pics is the same one that reads them anyway, but I could be wrong.

It's not.  He says that's a whole different pay grade. But I still wonder if they're supposed to notice stuff and adapt.