Beginners and Beyond

Repeat TuesDAILIES (Read 39 times)

LRB

If one rest day is good, two must be better. 

on my way to badass

Good Morning Dalies and Rick! Enjoy the rest. Still streaking.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  At the office so if I make it the whole day, I'll run tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Planning on 3 to 4 easy miles after work today around a local park that is near the San Antonio Zoo.  We have a 'front' coming in this week, so weather is getting a bit cooler...it was ALL the way down to 45 degrees this morning...and today's high will ONLY be 65 degrees. 

LRB, the same principle applies to beer!

Hope your weather is behaving for you, StoneFence.

Glad you are feeling better, Damaris!  You know, if you do have any 'illness' residue still left in you...hang out a lot today around the Beyotch's desk....maybe a few good coughs and sneezes in her direction, or onto the top of her desk........

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Good Morning Dalies and Rick! Enjoy the rest. Still streaking.

Cool.  You gonna continue after your race this weekend?

Or wine Scotty.

'Sup D.

B-Plus

Slept in for about 20 minutes but it think I can still squeeze my run in. I'll run 6 miles.

onemile

I ran 8 this morning on the treadmill.  2 warm up + 4x(200 R, 200 jog, 200 R, 200 jog, 400 R, 400 jog) + 2 cool down. R pace = 9.9mph / 6:04 pace.  The 400's were tough.

LRB

The 400's were tough.

I can see that with only a 400 meter rest for the 400 intervals. It is impressive then that you were able to hold pace.

Running as much at "R" pace as you have and will continue for this phase will make 5k PR pace a bit more tolerable on race day.

delicate flower

'Morning!  Work.  Blech.

SRD today.  Maybe I'll go lift some weights, or maybe I won't.

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Slow day round these parts...

45 minutes easy for me, that is for later. It could be raining and it is making me think about my upcoming training. It is going to be MUCH different training for a spring marathon than a winter marathon. It might be a good idea to invest in some wet weather gear. Meh...

Have a good day.

onemile

I can see that with only a 400 meter rest for the 400 intervals. It is impressive then that you were able to hold pace.

Running as much at "R" pace as you have and will continue for this phase will make 5k PR pace a bit more tolerable on race day.

I definitely noticed this effect last year in training - the 5k paced intervals didn't feel as much like I was running like a crazy person sprinting after doing some mile paced stuff.

My hip actually feels good after this run. Usually this stuff flares it up.

LRB

I definitely noticed this effect last year in training - the 5k paced intervals didn't feel as much like I was running like a crazy person sprinting after doing some mile paced stuff. 

Which is why it's easy to bolt out of the gate too fast as I did this weekend. ****! 

LRB

I just ate a salad, God that was underwhelming.

I think I'll just be fat rather than have another one of them things. lol

onemile

Which is why it's easy to bolt out of the gate too fast as I did this weekend. ****! 

I missed your RR.

LRB

I missed your RR.

I stunk.

The End. lol