Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins are throwing out the leftovers! (Read 9 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

It's Throw Out Your Leftovers Day, which is probably not bad advice.  There's still broccoli casserole left, though, and I plan on eating it!!  DH hates broccoli, so I never make the casserole, which I love.  Ah well, the sacrifices we make!!

The weather has been so lovely here, once you get past the frosty/below freezing mornings, so I'm enjoying my post-prandial walks and podcasts.

How's Bugsy this morning?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 4 miles and weights tonight.

Vet just called and said Bugsy is doing better and if he continues eating without throwing up, we can pick him up late tonight.  Can't wait, poor baby.

HopesMom, enjoy that casserole.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

D - that's good news about Bugsy

HM - I still have turkey in the fridge and the freezer. We'll probably eat the fridge batch tonight. That's what I get for buying a 14 pound turkey for two people, but at 29 cents a pound I couldn't resist. I will probably do a short run later. It's warm here for this time of year - 60 will be our high - and I hate to waste the good weather. I know when MRT starts, I won't be as lucky.

LRB

Back when I hosted TG, leftovers never made it out of the weekend. I was a pig. lol

Singer who runs a smidge

I am not used to the Firefox update, just sayin.  I can't find the refresh button over on the other side!!

LRB, laughing at your leftover disposal method!!  Nom nom nom ...