Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies and IT'S STILL DARK. (Read 45 times)

From the Internet.

Hey I'm the first one here! Because I'm up and getting ready to head out for a LONG RUN FFS, yeah!

While I love running in fall weather as much as the next person (except maybe Damaris who doesn't get seasons in FL), not super thrilled about the lack of light at 6:30 AM! Sad

Whatcha got this weekend party people?

hog4life

Walking a 5k with DW, woohoo.

Cyberic

Satudailies are up, at this time? Thanks Lauren! And enjoy your run.

Mitch, you'll have fun

I'll run during DS's soccer practice. Some wet flurries were falling when I got up. It's the beginning of the end.

delicate flower

Good morning!  It is Saturday, I'm up at 7:00, and I do NOT have to run today.  HOORAY!  But I prolly will anyway.  I'm in Vermont for the weekend with DW visiting her cousin.

Off to troll for coffee.

<3

LRB

'Sup, crew.

I have 6 today. It was the 6 that I was supposed to run Tuesday, but stupidly ran 8 instead. It doesn't seem so stupid now after all.

LRB

Walking a 5k with DW, woohoo.

looks like 34 degrees for race time tomorrow, which may seem too cold, but is perfect for marathoning. You'll appreciate it at mile 10 and beyond trust me.

LRB

...not super thrilled about the lack of light at 6:30 AM! Sad

Yeah it's been that way for about a month now, with darkness getting well into the 7 o'clock hour.

onemile

Good luck to PleasantRidge racing today!

LRB

Good luck to PleasantRidge racing today!

Word.

He's the only toeing the line today so it's his show.

LRB

I've been sitting here like a moron waiting on the temps to warm up, but instead it's getting colder FFS.

Right now it's 33, and because I haven't fired up the furnace yet this year I'm actually freezing inside while waiting to go outside.

Little Blue

I've been sitting here like a moron waiting on the temps to warm up, but instead it's getting colder FFS.

Right now it's 33, and because I haven't fired up the furnace yet this year I'm actually freezing inside while waiting to go outside.

That's called acclimating. In reverse. 

Good luck to all the racers this weekend!

I'm sipping coffee with my feet up on the deck rail.  I'll go out in a bit for a run on the beach road.  The rest of the day I rehydrate with adult beverages.

LRB

That's called acclimating. In reverse. 

This is going to hurt me a lot more than it's going to hurt you.

Enjoy the spirits! I've been dry since Thursday and will be until tomorrow evening.

Docket_Rocket

Oh, I love the lack of light.  Even when it's dark it is still hot so I love that I don't have the sun trying to kill me too. 

Morning!  RD for me.  Attending a silent auction with my friend for the Cat Network.  The dude from My Cat from Hell is the guest so she wants an autograph.  I just want to see everything cats.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, PleasantRidge!

And 34F is perfect for marathoning.  And Chicago's weather this weekend is PR worthy.  FFS.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

11 miles done! 9:37 pace, conquered my least favorite hill, pretty solid effort. Very happy with that. Showered, stuffed some leftovers and coffee into my face, going to make a big travel mug of hot chocolate and then off to stand outside for an hour while the kid plays soccer.