Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies Day 154 (Read 29 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

The 5k streak of futility is over after 7 years, 6 months and 23 days. 5k time trial, 25:14. 23 second PB.

Docket_Rocket

Nice, congrats!

I have 7 and weights. Heat wave starts today so I suspect on the TM.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

The 5k streak of futility is over after 7 years, 6 months and 23 days. 5k time trial, 25:14. 23 second PB.

Congrats!!

15K on the AlterG for me

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

10 miles last night on my rollerblades, got it down to 55 minutes.

Hopefully I can run tonight.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

WOO HOO!

Dave

I inadvertently woke up a half hour early, so decided to have a pre-run coffee. Ended up heading out 35 min after waking up, and the run definitely felt better & was faster than the 20-minute no-coffee runs. I guess I now have to decide whether I want to wake up 15 minutes earlier. Or take it on the other end, and have a quicker breakfast or bring it into the the office. Or just stick with the shitty runs. We’ll see. 

10 miles.

Dave

onemile

I inadvertently woke up a half hour early, so decided to have a pre-run coffee. Ended up heading out 35 min after waking up, and the run definitely felt better & was faster than the 20-minute no-coffee runs. I guess I now have to decide whether I want to wake up 15 minutes earlier. Or take it on the other end, and have a quicker breakfast or bring it into the the office. Or just stick with the shitty runs. We’ll see. 

10 miles.

15 minutes doesn't seem like much to make an hour + of running more pleasant..

LRB

This is amazing given the mental difficulty of sustaining 5k effort during a race, let alone alone. 2020 has been your year! (words not attributed to many)

Half Crazy K 2.0

This is amazing given the mental difficulty of sustaining 5k effort during a race, let alone alone. 2020 has been your year! (words not attributed to many)

Who knew, pneumonia & not-flu/not-covid are performance enhancers.

sdWhiskers

When I did my mile TT on Saturday, I kept thinking THANK GOD THIS ISN'T A 5K

Great job HCK!!!

sdWhiskers

8 miles with 8 x 30s fartlek mixed in. Started as a slog, finished feeling good.

Planning to run a higher mileage this week, not 70 again but 55-60. Of course, I just noticed that the miles game takes a break this week 

Docket_Rocket

8 miles with 8 x 30s fartlek mixed in. Started as a slog, finished feeling good.

Planning to run a higher mileage this week, not 70 again but 55-60. Of course, I just noticed that the miles game takes a break this week 

Yeah, this was supposed to the be the All Stars week that they eliminated. Ironic because this year would've been epic.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

When I did my mile TT on Saturday, I kept thinking THANK GOD THIS ISN'T A 5K

Great job HCK!!!

Yea, I gave myself a bail out at 2 miles. The plan I've been loosely following called for a 2 mile TT, but when I hit 1.5 miles in just over 12 minutes, I decided I had to do the 5k. Plus it was 60 degrees this morning, temps like that are going to be rare soon.

RunningOnSand

Who knew, pneumonia & not-flu/not-covid are performance enhancers.

Nice job!!

FS, nice job on your time on the rollerblades, too. That's wicked fast.

Damaris, we are having a heat wave too. It just feels gross outside. Are you feeling better? Do you think it was just allergies?

Dave, I'm with onemile on this one. 15 min doesn't seem like too drastic of a difference to wake up to enjoy your running a whole hell of a lot more.

Whiskers, maybe make next week a higher mileage week?

I've got my 20min walk/20min run/20min walk today. Also, likely on the TM. Too humid and gross out there.

Half Crazy K 2.0

10 miles.

Would the pre-run coffee require careful planning of your route?