Beginners and Beyond

2015 Race Goals - Watcha Got? (Read 39 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I already have my list of races for 2015, or at least the ones that I know I will be doing as I am sure there will be some spontaneous registrations.

These are in order as they come:

1. February 14 - Hearts on Fire 5k - Evansville, IN
    2. March 14 - Run of Luck 7k - Evansville, IN
    3. April 25 - Kentucky Derby Festival Half Marathon - Louisville, KY
    4. April 26 - Backside Trail Half Marathon - Louisville, KY
    5. May 23 - Owensboro Memorial Day Half Marathon - Owensboro, KY
    6. May 30 - The Harmonie Trail Half Marathon - New Harmony, IN
    7. October 3 - Evansville Half Marathon - Evansville, IN
    8. November 7 - Indianapolis Monumental Marathon - Indianapolis, IN 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

Same as last year, for starters... Tel Aviv Half on February 27.

What comes next depends on the outcome there.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Same as last year, for starters... Tel Aviv Half on February 27.

What comes next depends on the outcome there.

Do you think I plan too much? I want honesty lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Cyberic

I wouldn't say you plan too much. If you're going to race once a month or so, you gotta plan some.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I have some on my radar, but have been holding off on registering until the week of. I may do a 5k in 2 weeks, but totally dependent on weather. Cold I'll deal with, rain, snow, ice or gale force winds, not happening.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, I did 74 races for 2013 and 2014, so I'd kinda like to break that 'tie' by maybe doing 75 races for 2015.   Just have to see, though.  I got my 'annual MRI" back from my Doc and my spinal arthritis has increased a small percentage (about 6 percent).  My doc - who is also a runner - asked me how many races I did for the year and when I told him 74, he said I might consider lessening that a bit this year.  I said okay, how about 54.    He just rolled his eyes, lol.    Hey, I will be 61 years old next month, so I know my running time left is mostly likely somewhat limited, I am gonna have to hang it up someday.  But  I figure as long as I'm feeling good and have no pain when I'm running, I can keep doing my races.  And, anyway, it's not like I actually RACE the events I do.   My doc kinda 'somewhat" agreed with this and said okay, I know my body best....BUT...if I get to the point where I am getting TOO sore post-race/post-run and so forth, then be willing to adjust accordingly...in other words, don't be an idiot.  OK, I hear ya, Doc.  Now, about those 75 races for 2015....

I'd also maybe like to travel a bit more this year to some races in other states, IF I can swing it financially, and maybe have some FEs with some of the folks here.  Sometimes it is difficult to find a race in certain states as (a) I like HUGE events that have lots and lots of entrants and (b) because of my arthritis, I am pretty much limited to doing no more than 10K distance, so that pretty much limits me to events in the range of 3.1 to 6.2 miles; and (c) I really HATE cold weather, (like, below 50) so that pretty much limits the time-frame for me for some of the 'real winter" states.    Well, I'll just play it by ear and see how it goes.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

From the Internet.

OK, I hear ya, Doc.  Now, about those 75 races for 2015....

LOL Scotty

Only races set in stone for me right now are:

May 17 - Wallis Sands Half Marathon

July 24 - Blessing of the Fleet 10 miler

November 22 - Philadelphia Marathon - registration hasn't opened yet but I'm gunning for one of the first 1000 spots!

The rest of my schedule will probably work out to about one a month.. I want to do a short race or two before my spring half, and I'll do a couple races leading up to the marathon too, just haven't decided which ones yet. I really liked the Tufts 10K, will probably do that again in October. I'd kind of like to do a fall half but not sure about how to space it before the marathon.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

So far I have

1/18/15 - Clearwater 50K, Clearwater, FL

2/14/15 - Jackpot Ultra 24-Hour, Henderson, NV

5/9/15   - Ice Age Trail 50K, LaGrange, WI

9/19/15 - NC 24-Hour, Cleveland, OH

I have a number of others I'm considering including

3/28 - BLU 50K or 50M, CA

5/30/15 - Dawn to Dusk to Dawn 100K, Sharon Hill, PA

8/22 - Lean Horse 50K, SD

10/11 - Bizz Johnson Marathon or 50K, CA

12/28 - ATY 24-hour, AZ

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Scotty that is a lot of races lol. But I am glad I am not the only one 

I am sure if I could remember many of the smaller races in the other months... I would have them listed as well.

PRs

bluerun

Super B****

Do you think I plan too much? I want honesty lol.

Not really... I just don't do that anymore because it's too heartbreaking to repeatedly have my dreams smashed.  If I don't plan for it, I can't get upset if it doesn't work out!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not really... I just don't do that anymore because it's too heartbreaking to repeatedly have my dreams smashed.  If I don't plan for it, I can't get upset if it doesn't work out!

I am still pouting about having to make the decision not to train for and run the Land Between the Lakes marathon in March  BUT I know it is the smart decision.

PRs

delicate flower

I've got a few HM's and a full marathon planned.  I don't know what fall marathon to do, and that's kind of annoying me.  Part of that depends on how I do in my spring marathon, but then again some of those fall marathons sell out so it'd probably be in my best interest to decide sooner rather than later.

<3

Agreed! I've had to scrap my plans the last two years due to injury. I still sort of plan because looking for races can be fun, but I don't like to register too far in advance - either one of the last days of online registration or before a significant price jump.

That being said, I'm registered for both a spring and fall half this year. DH will be running both with me (hopefully) as his first and second halves. I've run the spring half the past two years, so I'd like to keep that up. The fall half is a deferred entry from 2013 for me and I won a free entry for DH. I'm hoping to throw in some local smaller races, as well, but that will just depend on how things go.

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

LRB

I have about a dozen or so races lined up between February and November, I just have not sat down and got the dates finalized yet.

The most important thing for me was to drop a few of the events that I felt were just clutter on my schedule.

So this year I will race a bit less, focusing on quality over quantity in the process.

on my way to badass

My one big race for the year is the Freihofer's Run For Women. Its a 5K and is the biggest sporting event in Albany,NY. 5000 women register for it and there is an elite field often including Joan Benoit Samuelson. The weather can be problematic because it's the Saturday after Memorial Day. I hope to PR and am on a weight loss campaign to make that happen.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28