Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES Thievery (Read 31 times)

LRB

Yo.

It's been raining like a bitch and will continue through the day but I managed to get a window and fit 6 in. 💪👊👍

What's up?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 8.7 in heavy winds with enough rain to make the shoes soggy.  I still mostly liked it.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

RD due to 6:30 AM flight.

Dave

delicate flower

Hey, friends.  Another day, another swim.  2400 yard masters workout done.  I've got a hard bike workout on tap tonight, which will no doubt wreck my legs for tomorrow's tempo run.  

<3

Cyberic

Ran 5. Was going to run more, but we've had freezing rain all night. Did the minimum.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Didn't sleep much but better than the prior day.  1 mile run at PT and she had me jumping around either from the trampoline to the floor, jacks, everything plyo.  I think she heard the word discharged and understood that I wanted to be discombobulated.  Good workout.  Pilates tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Morning!  Didn't sleep much but better than the prior day.  1 mile run at PT and she had me jumping around either from the trampoline to the floor, jacks, everything plyo.  I think she heard the word discharged and understood that I wanted to be discombobulated.  Good workout.  Pilates tonight.

I would shit myself then faint. lol

Cyberic

So being on vacation and all, I went to the indoor track to try and get a Lactate Threshold reading on my watch.

Needs GPS. So doesn't work with "indoor running". If I turn off GPS in regular running, won't work. So I started the test in Run mode with GPS, and once the test was initiated, before I pressed start, I went and disabled GPS.

The test is 10 minutes warmup (doesn't count in the results) then 4 minutes in HR zone 1, 4 minutes in zone 2, 4 minutes in zone 3, 3 minutes in zone 4, and 3 minutes in zone 5. After the test, the watch told me something like: Test completed. Lactate Threshold could not be determined. 

Docket_Rocket

I would shit myself then faint. lol

I didn't faint, and stupid me did an extra set on the trampoline....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

So being on vacation and all, I went to the indoor track to try and get a Lactate Threshold reading on my watch.

Needs GPS. So doesn't work with "indoor running". If I turn off GPS in regular running, won't work. So I started the test in Run mode with GPS, and once the test was initiated, before I pressed start, I went and disabled GPS.

The test is 10 minutes warmup (doesn't count in the results) then 4 minutes in HR zone 1, 4 minutes in zone 2, 4 minutes in zone 3, 3 minutes in zone 4, and 3 minutes in zone 5. After the test, the watch told me something like: Test completed. Lactate Threshold could not be determined. 

Yeah, I think you will need the GPS on all the time.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

No more marathons

Lactate Threshold could not be determined. 

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Interval workout today.

12 X 200 at 1500 race pace, with 200 recovery.

My best time (as a PhatOldMan) racing the 1500 was in 2015 - 5:54.

McMillan says I should be able to run a 5:50 based on my 4 mile race time last weekend.

So I figured a range of 46 to 48 seconds for each of the 200's.

Mapped out 200m distance using the handy dandy mapping tool here on RA and also checked it using my GPS before I started.  This was using a mostly empty parking lot at the local outlet mall.

Averaged 47 for the first 6, and 45 for the second 6.

The improvement in the last 6 came mostly by concentrating on form, and making sure I was pushing off with each stride.  This gave me a slightly longer stride length without any additional effort.  (Difference of an average of 1.36 meters vs. 1.41 meters.)

Must admit - 200s are my favorite interval distance.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

Interval workout today.

12 X 200 at 1500 race pace, with 200 recovery.

I just checked McMillan and if I plug in my half marathon time, it gives me 05:18.4 for 1500m race pace...... I can't run 200's that fast.  Even if I really try to run them as fast and hard as I can.

LRB

I just checked McMillan and if I plug in my half marathon time, it gives me 05:18.4 for 1500m race pace...... I can't run 200's that fast.  Even if I really try to run them as fast and hard as I can.

200s can be fickle. A lot depends on your fatigue level and training load. And conditions, of course.

onemile

Correction - 5:18 is the TIME it takes to run the 1500, not the pace. So it is actually a 5:42 pace.  A little more doable for me