Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies and where's fall? (Read 34 times)

delicate flower

It's supposed to be almost 90 today.  Low dew point though, which is nice.

I started off my Saturday by registering for the Hartford Marathon (Oct 8) while eating a pb&j sammich.  Wife and I are about to go swim some pool laps since we blew off yesterday's swim.  I've got a short run to do at some point today as well.  One thing I will not be doing today is buying one of those $1500 Garmin watches.

Speak up!

<3

LRB

One thing I will not be doing today is buying one of those $1500 Garmin watches.

Yeah, but will you be getting one as a gift?

LRB

I will not be swimming today, although that wouldn't be a bad idea, I have about a 60 minute run to knock out before heading to a nephew's peewee football game at 10:00, which means I need to get the hell out of here!

LRB

Here is the DC Rainmaker's take on Garmin's new timepieces, which if looks are any indication, is an acquired taste.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I jogged 6.1 miles this morning.  It was nice to get passed the 3 mile warmup and run enough to almost find a groove.  It was also nice to get back to my driveway so I could stop running Smile.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Runner with a riding problem.

Hip Redux

Here is the DC Rainmaker's take on Garmin's new timepieces, which if looks are any indication, is an acquired taste.

"Yup, every Fenix Chronos unit comes with this super fancy engraved wood case"

Right.

on my way to badass

4 done.  I am in striking distance of the pace bunny!

DS has a soccer game at noon.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have Barre class soon and maybe the miles I didn't do on Wednesday. We'll see.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

DD has a soccer tournament all day, but the woman went with her. With my run done (10 miles), all I have on tap for the rest of the day is getting a hair cut and feeding myself.

I had my first face plant in 4 years of running today. I was pretty much done with my run, but decided to go around the park next to my house to make the run over 10 miles instead of short of 10 miles. So I was running on the sidewalk, and on one of the sides of the park, the sidewalk is very narrow, because they buit a bike path next to it, and the street had to remain wide enough for cars to park and cars to drive through... whatever... but the sidewalk on that side is wide enough for only one person. So I'm running there and see another runner coming my way. I decide to get off the sidewalk well in advance to let her now that I'm yielding the sidewalk to her. No problem because besides the sidewalk is a runner's path from thousands of runners running besides the sidewalk because concrete is too hard. About 2 seconds after I got on the dirt path, my right foot hit something hard, and airborne I went. I stopped my fall with the palms of my hands and then rolled on my back from the left shoulder. Looked back, and there was a root I did not see (wasn't looking). Girl asked me if I was all right, said yeah yeah, and off I went.

I am not hurt at all but am a little disappointed at how I handled it, at my reflexes: I put my hands out instead of rolling from the back of the shoulder right away. I could have hurt my wrists, my shoulders... Oh well, guess the idea is NOT to fall.

Brilliant

I will not be swimming today, although that wouldn't be a bad idea, I have about a 60 minute run to knock out before heading to a nephew's peewee football game at 10:00, which means I need to get the hell out of here!

I haven't had my coffee yet and I read that as 60 mile run.    I was super impressed.

4 done.  I am in striking distance of the pace bunny!

Good job!  My pace bunny has left me in the dust because of sciatica problems in June & July.  Not sure if I'll catch her.

I'm going to run 4 easy miles with hubby this morning on the Santa Rosa Creek trail.  Then chilling the rest of the day.

delicate flower

Oh well, guess the idea is NOT to fall.

Make a note of that for next time.  Glad to hear you're ok.  DaveP would have shattered both his kneecaps.

<3

delicate flower

Just got back from a 1300 yard pool swim.  My upper body was still pretty tired.

<3

Brilliant

I had my first face plant in 4 years of running today. ...

I am not hurt at all but am a little disappointed at how I handled it, at my reflexes: I put my hands out instead of rolling from the back of the shoulder right away. I could have hurt my wrists, my shoulders... Oh well, guess the idea is NOT to fall.

Oh no!  But that is good news that you're not hurt.  It's instinctive to put your hands out to protect your face.  I don't know if I know how to fall any better.

Docket_Rocket

Make a note of that for next time.  Glad to hear you're ok.  DaveP would have shattered both his kneecaps.

I laughed!

Ouch, Cy.  Hoping everything is working fine and no soreness or anything afterwards.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Oh no!  But that is good news that you're not hurt.  It's instinctive to put your hands out to protect your face.  I don't know if I know how to fall any better.

It is instinctive, but that doesn't mean it's the best way. But still better than landing face first, I guess.