Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES don't fear rain (Read 41 times)

LRB

Now thunder & lightening?  That's another story! 

What's up crew!

It's gonna be one of those days here where if you're running outside you are going to need a little hope and a lot of luck.

I don't particularly think it's prudent to run in thunder so I am hoping it holds off and I am lucky enough to get this mornings run in.

If it's coming down too hard I will hop on the belt.  If it's only sprinkling I will go for a cool cleanse, and with current temps at 45 degrees it will be that.  lol

Wha cha got for me homeys?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I got 4 miles in this morning, on the roads since I am pretty sure the 24 hour downpour has left the trails too muddy for me to run on and focus on how my legs are doing. Can't wait to get back to them though, no noticeable pain or soreness though a bit stiff during the first mile or so. Just going to take it easy this week and go by feel.

No storms or rain today, though we just got through a 24 hour downpour with the occasional thunder and lightning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Goooooood morning now!  Cold, dark, and rainy here too.  Looks like the rain may be gone for my post-work run time.  If not, I will treadmill.  I experience no joy in wet 50 degree runs.  Speaking of running, I did 7 easy on the rail trail last night.  I was sore and stiff going into the run, and felt great after the run.  Shakeout runs...what a concept.

Tired.  Need coffee and food.

<3

Morning. I do. 5 on the treadmill.

Have a good day.

Dave

happylily

10 or 12 easy, some strides in there.

SO caught that intestinal bug I had last week and it's strange to see him laying there on the couch, incapable of moving or talking. He's usually the doer in the house, and I'm the dreamer (that's ever since my stroke. Before that, it was the opposite). Scheiße... I may have to actually work today to keep the house going. Things like lunch for son, find his pants in the laundry, start the dishwasher, feed the cat, etc... Argh... I'm exhausted already just thinking about it.

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Definitely don't fear the rain, but I am going to wait until later to run in it, I'll take 70* and raining over 50* and raining any day. Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

StepbyStep-SH

Fear the rain? Sick and tired of it at the moment? Yes. We're going from one of the coldest winters on record to one of the rainiest Aprils on record, according to the local paper. And it is supposed to continue to be cold (highs in the mid-40s), windy (20 mph) and rainy all.f-ing.week.

Doesn't do anything for my motivation level.

I will drag myself to the Y and go shuffle around the track today. Or maybe I'll take a nap instead.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  11 miles tonight and I am not sure if they will be on the TM, outside, partly in and out.  It will all depend on the temps which are predicted to hit an index in the mid 90s but things can change.  Or so I hope, ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Let me try shoutouts as things are more calmed now than yesterday.

LRB, sounds familiar.  I think I am hitting the belt, so long as Comcast fixes our cable today.  Ugh.

FreeSoul, nice run.

Baboon, sounds like TM is the way to go today.

Dave, nice 5.

Lily, ugh, sorry about SO's bug.  And haha at you looking forward to that.

D2, I would take 70F and raining too.  Or 70F, or raining.

Shari, stay safe.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

If it's coming down too hard I will hop on the belt.  If it's only sprinkling I will go for a cool cleanse, and with current temps at 45 degrees it will be that.  lol

Too wet, too windy, too cold and just not worth it.

7 on the belt.

There are worse things.

delicate flower

There are worse things.

Last night I dropped a coffee filter full of used grounds upside down on the hardwood kitchen floor.  It splattered everywhere.  I don't know if that is worse than your predicament, but it sucked pretty bad.

<3

LRB

Last night I dropped a coffee filter full of used grounds upside down on the hardwood kitchen floor.  It splattered everywhere.  I don't know if that is worse than your predicament, but it sucked pretty bad.

Exactly.  You'll be finding them shits a year from now still.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Is there crazy weather everywhere? Tornados, rain, and 100 degree heat here.  Good thing it is SRD for me. I ran 10 miles on the track yesterday and it gave me an idea how you TM runners feel. No fun at all.  It was a tempo run and I did manage an 8:14 average pace.

Be safe out there.

StepbyStep-SH

That is much worse than the TM. Much worse.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Baboon, if the cats start being too hyper, rest assured they found some of the grounds.

Damaris

Fundraising Page