Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES are back from their runs (Read 31 times)

Cyberic

Time to post'em

Cyberic

21.93 miles at 7:13 avg pace. Last LR before my race, and it was a good one!

LRB

7.5 @ why am I even running pace.

My body has been beat up all week though, so I'm not really surprised my runs have been awful.

Cyberic

7.5 @ why am I even running pace.

My body has been beat up all week though, so I'm not really surprised my runs have been awful.

Are you sick? Or is it the HM last weekend? You know this as much as I do, and probably even more, but a well raced HM takes more than a week to recover.

Docket_Rocket

I have 4.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Are you sick? Or is it the HM last weekend? You know this as much as I do, and probably even more, but a well raced HM takes more than a week to recover.

Doesn't have to be well raced as I can prove many, many time.

Cyberic

I meant "raced" as opposed to running the distance in in training.

I met a friend of my wife's, who she's known since college. Before meeting, my wife told me she remembered her friend's sister was a big marathoner. You never know what that means when a non-runner says it. When we were together of course I "somehow" managed to bring it up in conversation, and about how I would be going to Boston. She said "yeah, I think my sister's run Boston 3 times." Ooh, impressive. She continued: "Last year she finished 4th in her age group." Say what now?? "She was kind of disappointed because 3rd gets you an award." OK then! Yes I suppose I would consider that a big marathoner.

Dave

HA! So true. Sometimes the worst-raced ones have the toughest recoveries.

Dave

LRB

Are you sick? O

Well, I have the remnants that cold, but no, I'm still recovering from an all out race effort. It's cool though, that's why I nixed running any type of quality this weekend.

LRB

HA! So true. Sometimes the worst-raced ones have the toughest recoveries.

Yep. I can live with those though. It's when I didn't leave everything out there that rubs me raw.

LRB

I met a friend of my wife's, who she's known since college. Before meeting, my wife told me she remembered her friend's sister was a big marathoner. You never know what that means when a non-runner says it. When we were together of course I "somehow" managed to bring it up in conversation, and about how I would be going to Boston.

We approve.

LRB

I smelled a cigarette during my run today. That's always creepy when you don't see anyone around. Like, is some fuck up in a tree or something.

Cyberic

I smelled a cigarette during my run today. That's always creepy when you don't see anyone around. Like, is some fuck up in a tree or something.

Lol

Let the death march workouts begin. The 12/5 tempo is a tough one...there’s no way around that but these prepare you to race. Workout went like this:

6M Pre-fatigue 8:18/mi

5M @ HM pace. I was looking for 6:20-15 for this workout. Splits 6:24, 17, 25, 18, 15

1M Down 8:05

Very happy with how this workout went. Had to dodge a few people at a “dog walk” event on the short uphill portion so mi 3 was a little slow. 6:15 is still my goal pace and I’m confident I will be able to handle my 12/6 peak workout in a few weeks. Ran in a fresh pair of 1400V5s. What a difference! I think 350 is about the limit on these shoes.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???