Beginners and Beyond

Hot & Spicy Wednesday Penguins (Read 18 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

National Hot and Spicy Food Day!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I like your title better PAD, (even though I can't eat spicy food).

Docket can you lock mine please?

5 this afternoon.

From the Internet.

Haha I was wondering which thread we were going to go with!

Heading to the pool in a few minutes, hoping for 80-90 minutes there. Off to the beach for the afternoon and oyster bar for dinner with boss and co-workers.

PADRunner

Doh!

6 Done this morning. Supposed to have a Bike with the Mayor tonight. It's been rescheduled twice due to rain.

It hasn't rained in 41 days and there is a 50% chance of rain later.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 11 with 2 X 3 miles tonight.  We'll see if I take my RD today or not, since I twisted my foot and it's killing me today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning Pens!  I wound up taking an unscheduled rest day yesterday.  I wasn't feeling up to the treadmill and by the time I got up the mojo to get down there they were all occupied.  I can't wait for fall.  6 miles today instead.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice run/walk at Fort Sam Houston this morning.  A bit humid but somewhat cooler as "El Nino" is heading into Texas and we are actually supposed to get some rain today and tomorrow.   And get cooler temperatures...a high of only 94 tomorrow!   Nice change after two weeks of 100 degree temps just about every day!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

GinnyinPA

PAD - after all the rain you had early this summer, I hadn't realized you were back in drought mode.  I hope you get some rain.  We've been incredibly dry this year too.  There have been thunderstorms around, but so far we haven't seen any real rain - just 5 minute sprinkles. Lawns are brown and the corn is pitifully scrawny.  I hope your bike ride occurs, finally.  Do they feed you afterwards?

Damaris - sorry about the ankle. Did you step wrong on the TM?  I know how old ankle injuries can resurrect when you least expect it.

Scotty - Enjoy your cool down, such as it is.  Still too hot for me.

Jerry - enjoy your cool five.

Lauren - I hope the pool run went well.  Have fun at your beach party.

Jill - I understand about not wanting to do the TM yesterday.  I hope you get a good run in today.

I'll do four or five later.  It's cloudy outside, so I may try outside again. DPs are going to be in the mid-70s though, so I'll see.

Zelanie

Hey guys.  Theoretically track later, but it will only have cooled off to about 90 when the workout starts, so I may just run 8 easy instead.

PAD- I put some spicy salsa and jalapenos on my lunch today, does that count?

Jerry- Have a nice 5!

Lauren- Hope the co-worker dinner is a fun one.

PAD- Sounds like you need the rain at least?  It's incredibly dry out here, too.

D- Hope the foot feel better later on.

sapf- Hope the 6 go well today!

Scotty- Glad it's cooling off for you!  We've missed you in the dailies. Smile

Ginny- Hope that you have a better run today.

emmbee

queen of headlamps

I love spicy food.  Sriracha is made from angels weeping with delight.

5 miles today.  Switched back to my trusty Omnis.  I really find these shoes clunky, heavy, and sort of old-ladyish, but at 320 miles they're still in great shape and I never have pains in them.   Also I don't think I've put even half their life on them yet.  I like the Mizuno Inspires more on my feet, but I think I just killed the last pair after 225 miles.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

5.2.  Getting spoiled the last few days.  First day in a month under 80.

Have fun at your work dinner, Lauren.  I will never have dinner with my boss.  Not even lunch.

Brilliant

I love spicy food.  Sriracha is made from angels weeping with delight.

Me too!  There is a native Peruvian word for addiction to spicy flavors, and my husband says I am afflicted with it.

Lauren, your afternoon/evening sounds super fun!

Well, I was supposed to go to a TRX class AND run 4-5 miles today, but I was ill in the night (nope it wasn't from too much spicy food, haha!).  So I slept in and called my doctor this morning,   Fingers crossed that I'm well enough to run tomorrow; I have a HM in 3 1/2 weeks.

Docket_Rocket

I love Sriracha as well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

Well the Bike with the mayor went off with out any rain! Cool front came through today, and it turned out to be a great ride. About 8 miles.

We've gone from severe drought to flooding to moderate drought all in the same year...

Jill.

Penguin Power!

6.6 on the treadmill - done.. the wifi wasn't working so I may have streamed video over my data plan on my phone =P  Yay for being grandfathered in on unlimited data?

I ordered a sparkle skirt (inspired by Kristin) and it came in the mail today.  I'll have to see how I like it.  Usually I spend as little money as possible on running clothes, but I figured for the marathon I really want something that will minimize dreaded chafing and be able to carry things.  I tried the "powergel" at mile 15 of my long run and there's no way I'm using the course provided fuel.  It was so nasty.  It didn't make me sick, but probably because I got through less than half of it before I gave up on it.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21)