Beginners and Beyond

Super Fly Saturday Dailies (Read 42 times)

LRB

Getting stuff packed up and then heading out early this afternoon for a lazy day of packet pickup, expo, and eating a bunch of mini wheats in the hotel.

How is the weather shaping up for the big day?

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

4 miles of speedwork at the local track dodging the band kids & the color guard girls.

Oh and Jay................EASY ON THE MINI WHEATS, DUDE..............FIBER IS YOUR FRIEND.......BUT NOT FOR VERY LONG.  Big grinBig grinBig grin

Randy

How is the weather shaping up for the big day?

Should be about 54 degrees and partly cloudy at gun time Cool

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, Jay!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Good luck to all of our racers this weekend!

Completed my LR for this weekend. 16 Miles @ 9:00 pace. A sub 4 FM is looking well in hand. Now I'm going to put my DD down for a nap and then figure out where my running belt went to. DW said she let DD play with it and I couldn't find it this morning.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

LRB

Should be about 54 degrees and partly cloudy at gun time Cool

Excellent!  The race is in your hands then, which is all we can ask for.

LRB

DW said she let DD play with it and I couldn't find it this morning.

I would rather them play with my money, outside, with a dozen of their friends than screw around with my running gear!  lol

I got out for 7 easy and it was nice to be running at a sub-9:00 pace again.  This week has really been weird in that all of my easy runs have been on the plus side of 9 minutes.  I have chosen not to push anything however, and just have taken whatever my body is giving me.

My back is still tight but getting better.  As such I will get out later for a few more miles, choosing to do a double instead of running it all at once.

B-Plus

Ran a 10k in 38:08. Beat my goal, surprised, and pissed off about those 9 seconds.

Ric-G

oski - have fun

tom - very nice of you

marjorie-  really hate that too

blue - have a good run

jjs - good luck...no puke

lrb - heal up

free - have a good hike

step - sounds like a plan

jay - weather report sounds great...good luck

zel - good luck manana

D - have a good 8

kristin - enjoy the game

redrum - hope the speedwork worked

brr - nice LR

B+ - wow...nice time...congrats

did 19 this AM...first 16@8:20 and last 3@7:20...very glad it's done...have a great day everyone and good luck to all racing!

marathon pr - 3:16

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good luck to the racers! I will wear shorts dang it, it might be a little nipply for the 10-20 minutes but I know it will warm up. The hike was nice, Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial area, but to the cabin and they were cooking and stuff. It smelled good..... I might drag my mom and DH back there tomorrow Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Tom - nice of you to let him use the monitor, and good on an unscheduled run

It's his to keep - I don't need 3 of them, especially since I don't really use one.

4 miles today, easy pace. Didn't want to ruin my legs with a long or vigorous run because I still intend to go long(ish) tomorrow.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

PADRunner

09/14 GinnyinPA - Mad Anthony Half Marathon

09/14 staceyloobug - Greensburg Half Marathon

09/14 lilac_jive - Divas Wine Country Half Marathon

09/14 Baboon - Gulf Beach Half Marathon

09/14 RabbitChaser - Hawk Marathon

Good luck everyone!

LRB

did 19 this AM...first 16@8:20 and last 3@7:20...very glad it's done...

That is extremely tough to do, and very impressive!

Nice run BP!  Those nine seconds are the carrot that dangles in your future.

FS, you crack me up!

Docket_Rocket

Nice job on the runs and races!!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

10.42 miles at 9:42 overall pace on the rail-trail this morning. Beautiful day for running, and it was almost a progression run (until the hill in Mile 10): 10:08, 10:01, 9:57, 9:39, 9:40, 9:36, 9:34, 9:20, 9:19, 9:48, 9:30 pace last .42.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.