Beginners and Beyond

Guess it's my turn to start the TuesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

Morning.

No snow here. Although apparently no snow in a lot of other areas forecasted to get dumped on. But plenty of people digging out. Sorry.

Anyway, 9 degrees with a windchill of 0, excuse enough for the treadmill.

9 miles with 6x800, 400 recoveries. The 800's were at 6:40, so I'm ready for my 3:20 marathon now.

Have a day.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

January 27 is Thomas Crapper Day!  He is often thought to have invented the flush toilet.  He actually did not, but he did do much to increase the popularity of the toilet, and developed some important related inventions, like the ballcock, to make flush toilets work more efficiently.  So next time you are in your 'library'.....

....give a bit of thanks to Thomas Crapper.

Oh, and January 27th is also Chocolate Cake Day!  I actually LIKE chocolate cake!

Thanks for starting things off, Dave!

For those of you who are in that "crapper' of a snowstorm, hope y'all are staying safe and warm!  And have some Chocolate Cake!

AFM: MY weather today will be sunny and 78 degrees.  I am going to run a few miles after work in singlet and shorts through a popular local park that has some very nice trails.  I am assuming with our weather today, the park will probably be a bit crowded...with lots of "Great Legs" exposed for me to chase.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Half Crazy K 2.0

Got less than an inch of snow. 4-8 total was predicted. Sidewalks have a thin coating of snow with ice underneath, so I'll be treadmilling after work.

StepbyStep-SH

I survived my first attempt at becoming a multi-sport athlete today. :P A friend and experienced "ironwoman" met two of us injured diehard runners at the pool and helped us get comfortable attempting a swim workout. I think we only did 400 yards, but I am BEAT. She showed us how to breathe (and actually find a rhythm), how to use a pull buoy to focus on arms and how to use a kickboard to focus on kicks. Not to mention, the little things like how to adjust goggles and put on a swim cap.
          Now I feel like I can get back out there by myself - I had been letting anxiety keep me from trying it.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

9 miles with 6x800, 400 recoveries. The 800's were at 6:40, so I'm ready for my 3:20 marathon now.

Nope, it's 10 x 800 at 6:40 with 3 minute and 20 second jogs, then you are ready for a 3:20 marathon and not a moment before!

Hip Redux

Digging out here (well Mr. Oski is).  Rest of the state was sort of a bust in terms of blizzard, but eastern CT got socked pretty good.  I can't tell how much we have yet because of the drifting but I'm going to venture out into the yard shortly and see what's up.

When I got up this morning, it looked like it was raining.  I can't say I've ever seen snow come down that heavy before!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  No snow here either, figure that one out.  5-6 miles (with hubby and solo) and heavy weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Nope, it's 10 x 800 at 6:40 with 3 minute and 20 second jogs, then you are ready for a 3:20 marathon and not a moment before!

LMFAO.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

Any Lily updates?

Zelanie

Yay, Step!  Good job taking the initiative in getting started swimming.

It's a RD for me, DD's 17th birthday, so we are spending the afternoon together and then I need to finish the cake.

delicate flower

As you can see from this picture, I had fun yesterday (that is me and this is on full zoom).

<3

As you can see from this picture, I had fun yesterday (that is me and this is on full zoom).

Why were the slopes completely empty?

Dave

If you can promise me that, I will do the workout.

Dave

delicate flower

Why were the slopes completely empty?

Everybody...everybody was on the groomed trails.  I don't understand this!!  Groomed trails are to be used only to get from point A to point B.

<3

LRB

That's a nice shot Boon. It really puts things into perspective of just how small we are in the bigger picture. lol