Beginners and Beyond

Totally Lazy Tuesdailies! (Read 39 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Apparently the Dailies Folks are having a lazy day today and sleeping in!

You know the drill..post 'em!

AFM:  33 degrees this morning in San Antonio.  Back to cold weather again for us.  Planning on doing 3 - 4 miles after work.  However, my crazy cat Peanut, who thinks he is King Cat of the Neighborhood, apparently had a disagreement with another cat.  He is fin, nothing serious, but has a small puncture wound on his neck.  I got the blood all cleaned up out of his fur - he was amazingly patient while I did that - and got his would area all cleaned up and cleaned the wound out, etc. etc. but I  need to take him to the vet today to see if he needs a stitch or two.  So run-time depends on what time I can get Mr. Feline Nutso into the vet.

Finally got the report and photos put up for my third race of this past weekend:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/d52411a523fd4844a97ce973ead6f88b/resume#focus

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Not me. I was up at 4. Didn't run as I'm trying so hard to be good. I know it will pay off so I can keep running versus being benched for months.

my my flight got delayed so instead of 7 am they moved it to 9. At least I got called versus getting to the airport and sitting for several hours.

but I'm sitting here now and our plane isn't here. We are supposed to board in 15 min. Hmmm wonder....

morning Scotty

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

A 2.3 mile run on the roads this morning without Rocky, I figure I'll give him a day or two break from this and try to focus on taking it easy for my calves. It went a little better, my calves are still a bit sore but not like yesterday. We had a little snow throughout the night, but barely a inch. Now for coffee, stretching and maybe some workouts before shower and work. Day 12 of my Holiday Running Streak.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Good morning now and 8:30 in the morning is not too early for gourmet Italian cookies!  Cool

I skipped my run yesterday and took a rest day.  It turns when you don't do speedwork for a month then hammer a 5K as hard as you can, your legs are sore the next day.  I'll get back on the treadmill after work today.  Snowstorm today, so no outside run until the roads get cleaned up.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Doctor's appt this morning. Not sure I'm crazy about the idea, since it may mean x-rays, but I should probably try to figure out what's going on. Things aren't quite as sore this morning as yesterday, but still tender.

My martial arts instructor thinks it is more like to be a misalignment in my back, with the nerves causing pain around the ribs, and recommends a chiro instead. Guess we'll see what happens and go from there.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Friends!

I hope that y’all are able to stay warm and dry during this cold snap!   It was 19 degrees when I drove to work this morning, and of course I had to stop and get gas.   Fortunately, I had a coat in the car to put on because I never wear coats and I left this morning without even thinking about it.

Scotty – Thanks for starting us off this morning!   I hope your vet can take care of your little pugilist without interrupting your run later today.

Marjorie – Flight delays really SUCK!   Hope you get to your destination soon!

FS – Nice streaking!   Hopefully some stretching and rolling will get those calves feeling significantly less sore!

Phil – It’s never too early for gourmet cookies of any kind!  And, I bet they go great with coffee!   Have a great run after work!

Shari – I sure hope that you can get some concrete answers about those ribs when you see the doctor today!   Sending you positive, healing, Pinksational vibes!   :-)

Yesterday, I spent an hour and 15 minutes shoveling between 4 and 6 inches of ice off the driveway, and I’m going to call that cross-training.   I followed that up with 5.28 miles on the TM when I finished the driveway.   This morning, I rode the spin bike for 45 minutes.  

Because I spent all that time on the driveway yesterday, I was able to get to work this morning, and that makes me VERY happy.   It’s not that I’m especially excited to be at work, but I am almost giddy to be out of the house!   :-)

Have a Pinktacular day!   Stay safe and stay warm!   And, may your next run motivate you to set your 2014 goals high because you CAN achieve them!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good luck Step!

I'm not lazy on purpose I swear.....just hurt Sad. The foot has not gotten better. In fact, after a full day working on it (I am on my feet walking around at work all day) it has gotten worse. Dr Google tells me peroneal tendonitis. God damn it!!!! I took off work today. Was hoping for a snow day so I wouldn't have to but alas we didn't close even though it is snowing a lot. There's no way I was going to gimp around all day, wanted a day of total rest and icing. Decided to gimp on over to the doctors to get it checked out. My annual physical is coming due for work anyway might as well kill 2 birds with one stone (that's a weird phrase.....I don't want to kill any birds with a stone...)

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Some run and XT tonight.  85F here already.

We visited Trixie last night and at least she was purring, which she has not done in a week.  Hoping for good today when the results of her biopsy come in.

Kristin, I am sorry about the pain.  Can you see a doctor soon?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

It was pitch black dark and 16 degrees, with a wind chill of 4.  But all I can remember is the 4!

The workout was 4 sets of 1200's mixed into my regular street route and oddly, traffic was not a factor.  The cold weather was so I never did hit my target pace (6:40).

7:25

6:54

6:46

7:01

That first rep was a bit discouraging, and I actually contemplated cutting it short and just running easy for the remainder of the run.  But I hung in there, and just did the best that I could.

All told I got 7 miles in total, and despite freezing my **** off, it was actually a pretty decent run.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

LRB in the waiting room now!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies. It's still cold here.

I had an URD yesterday. Sunday afternoon I realized that I had to bring my DD to her 18 month checkup in the morning. So I did that instead of run. I enjoy my time with her. Smile

This morning I wanted to jump back in the saddle. 5 Mile Tempo run @ 7:53mm. Wow, that took more out of me than I thought. I had 184 pulse at the end of it, which is right around 100%. I actually don't know exactly where that 100% HR is, but I'm going to guess I was close. I have been missing a few runs lately, mostly on Saturdays, but I guess that's the off-season for you. Run a little less, hopefully get on the mend a bit.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Pink - my legs hate the snow right now, and after like 10 days of not logging www.myfitnesspal.com until yesterday I realized I might not be consuming the recommended amount of protein so it's off to get my protein powder that I am out of. I am about to go use my foam roller now, hopefully some magic will happen.

Kristin - sorry to hear about that, hope there is some good news at the doctor's office (like not to long of a break from running or anything like that)

LRB - if it makes you feel better, my 5 miler tomorrow at 6 a.m promises 18 degrees with a windchill of 8 and 8 mph winds from the South.

I miss the trails, hoping the snow and ice will soon begin to go away before this weekend's 12 miler.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Me, to doctor: "I think it's my peroneal tendon but I'll let you tell me."

Doctor: "I have no idea, I don't know anything about feet."

Glad I switched doctors from the evil runner hating one. This one likes runners and even runs herself but knows nothing about feet. Super.

Zelanie

So I ran my first 60-mile week last week. Smile  Beats my previous best from last spring by 10 miles.  Although I don't recommend anybody do it the way I did it- goal HM, then a week off, then just right in to the high mileage.  I was so stiff from the time off that I could barely run at all!  Luckily that went away after a few days.

Step- Hope you get some answers about the ribs soon!

LRB- Nice run!  Good of the traffic to cooperate.

outoftheblue

I have mad respect for all you cold-weather runners.  It's 24 degrees out and I'm headed straight to the TM for my miles today.

Life is good.