Beginners and Beyond

SATURDAILIES - Let's Start From The Beginning (Read 237 times)

runmomto3boys

David: I forgot that you are doing LBL.  There are SO many people doing that one!  That's going to be amazing.  50 miles.  Crazy stuff!!!  I can't even IMAGINE!

Flippy:  Eeeekkkers.  Look at that freaking PR!!!!  It's shiny, pretty and HUMUNGOUS!!!  Seriously, you ROCKED that race.  You shaved almost a minute off your PR.  Cra-a-zy!!!  Well done!!!

Fuzzy: Nice 10 in the snow!  We haven't had any here...yet!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

My official time was 28:19. I was 19/65 in my AG and 74th out of over 400 women overall.
      fro yo fanatic

Good afternoon everyone!  I'm new here, but used to post over on RW - usually the Gen Nut forum.  I'm glad I found were everyone went to!! Today was 5.75 miles of a ladder workout on the treadmill with a 30min endurance spin ride and some core work afterwards. 

Robert31320

Team TJ

My official time was 28:19. I was 19/65 in my AG and 74th out of over 400 women overall.

Great job!  Congrats on the PR.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Ball of Fury

Morning everyone!  Just have time for a quick update because we are running out the door, but great job everyone on your runs and races!  I finished 3rd for females in our 5-mile trail race this morning, so happy with that!  I was in the lead (for females, of course) for 1.5 miles but two super speedy ladies passed me and I knew I couldn't keep up with them.  They finished about 2 minutes ahead, I think.  Anyway, it was a fun race and I will try to get to a full RR tomorrow.  Off to a new LRS now to try to find a pair of shoes that work better for me.  Have a great day!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

7.17 miles was my total, including the 4 hill sprints at the end.  I have to say, I LOVE the hill sprints.  It's so fun to actually sprint for a change.

Code...Fantastic effort with some great, even splits.  It is annoying when you know some of your PRs are lower than your fitness, right?  I could go for some post race mostaccioli!

Out of Blue...Enjoy the rest.

Purple...Glad the massage helped and that you had a nice run today.

Gustav...I kinda figured with your funny signature line that was the case.  I hope you're not out for too much longer.  Good for you getting into the gym while you can though.  It'll make coming back to running easier too.

RMT3B...Yuck, sorry about you and the little guy.  Only you would be throwing up and thinking happy thoughts about running on Monday Smile

Fuzzy...Sounds like an enjoyable run with the group.  There is something peaceful about a nice, snow covered run.

Flippy...Great job ending your racing year on a high note!  It must have felt good to run strongly and finish so well.

Weezer...Ah, great group for you to run with then!

Fro Yo...Welcome here...it's really nice!  Sounds like a great day of gym work for you.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

B-Plus

Good morning runners,

I woke up late and now I'm procrastinating on the couch. I'll get out for about 15 in a bit.

Jess runs for bacon

Hey everyone! Too tired to read through these, I'll check back later. Did 13.1 at a local park for the Florida Holiday Virtual Halfathon. I was doing great until the last 5k, where I crashed and burned. Seems to be a reoccuring theme with halfs for me. Guess I have to keep working on them! I also stupidly forgot to charge my Garmin, and when I started running I saw it had only half battery life. It made it until mile 10, then I turned it off (so I wouldn't lose the data) and switched to my Endomondo app.

My knee kills, I'm sleeping it off Tongue

Docket_Rocket

Great job, c0derunner and Flippy.  Congrats on the PRs.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

c0derunner and Flippy - Congrats on the new PRs!

10.7 miles for me, but they were tough. I had to take a couple walk breaks, despite being at 9:45ish pace. Might be cumulative from a bigger week (back up to 36 miles with today's run, after only 25ish last week and much less the previous month), and I ran late in the day yesterday. Plus two strength workouts this week where I pushed the weight a bit.

The good news was that after my run, DS and I stopped by the local bike shop's holiday open house and I scored a SportSkirts skirt for $15 (bummed that all the tops they had left at that price were larges), some fun SockGuy socks BOGO 1/2 off, and Gu 20% off. Treated DS to hot chocolate at the coffee shop next door. Later today we will bake cookies and watch Frosty the Snowman. Good day, despite the somewhat disappointing run.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

kitteh

Great job, everyone, on the runs, races, and PRs. I would do personals, but I'm on my phone now and its too much of a PITA. I did 4 slow miles in my new PRS (pregnancy running shoes) that I got yesterday at my LRS. Brooks adrenaline 12s, if anyone is interested. They put me in a pair a full size larger than my Sauconys, which was surprising. But they felt amazing and I think I'm in love. We'll see how they feel on tomorrow's 10 miler.

Running for two!

Pre-Preggo PRs--5k 23:00, 10k 49:07, HM 1:57:40

Post-Preggo PRs--5k TBD, 10k 54:45, HM 2:28:05

runTDC

A run of 12 miles today.  Kept the pace at the faster end of LR pace, but I could tell that the last miles were a little too hard.  I am going to need to get those mid week miles in to make the gains I want.  

Hopefully, I can get in here a little more so that I can keep up with the happenings...It has been a very busy fall...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teresa

Aug—Double Dipsea

Oct 9–R2R Grand Canyon, baby!

2024 goals- Run trails, race a few, get a little faster, gain some endurance, enjoy life…😊

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Had a long run get a lil out of control today lol  Went out for 20 and told myself that if I was feeling good I'd go a lil further.  Well, then I decided to see what it would feel like to run a marathon, and guess what, it's pretty tough. lol  Finished 26.25 miles in 3:32:21.  Not bad for day 18 of my holiday streak. Smile  Best of all, no chafing or blisters!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Ric-G

completely off schedule saturday with younger son taking part in a parade...just did 10 miles easy...felt good running mid-day as i usually am done in the morning.

nice job on the runs and races everyone.

marathon pr - 3:16

Docket_Rocket

URD for me.  Migraine and nausea.  Still, it's a recovery week, so I don't worry about it much.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page