Beginners and Beyond

Countdown MonDAILIES (Read 30 times)

StepbyStep-SH

9 days to go folks! Are you ready?

BTW - does anyone know what happened to our little paragraph? Hopefully we all know what we're doing here.

Post it!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

I plan to run outside (feels like 3* at the moment) after taking DS to school today. Normally this would be my RD, but tomorrow's schedule just doesn't have a window in it for running since DH is out of town and I have to get it down while DS is at school. I think 7 miles should be about right. It will likely be slow since it is on some snow.

Kyukido class tonight. I think I should be able to participate in about 90% of the activities.

LRB

BTW - does anyone know what happened to our little paragraph?

It was voted off the island.

What up doe!

Since Monday is my typical day off from running, I am off from running.  lol I will get back at it tomorrow, these single digit temps have been bad for my mood.

Ah but alas, 40's are in the forecast by the end of the week.  Did you hear me? I SAID 40'S ARE IN THE FORECAST BY THE END OF THE WEEK! 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

AFM, my 73rd  5K done on Saturday morning, another jingle bell run that was lots of fun, and very costumely colorful:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/be6eb5944bb04126ad7769de2bbae2f0/resume#focus

Followed that up by sleeping in for a while on Sunday and then heading to Fort Sam Houston about noon.   Weather was lovely!  Bright sunshine, blue skies, 62 degrees.  I did my "Dog Alley" route, ending up with 3.4 miles, and playing with and giving treats to all my doggie pals along the way.  Very nice outing.   Today is a rest day, but I may go for a walk after work, as my doc wants me to walk some on my non-running days to help keep my back strong, and walking is very good for the lower back.

How 'bout dem Cowboys?  Blew a 26-3 halftime lead and let the Green Bay Packers overcome!  Yeah, baby!  I loved it!  banana emoticon

9 days to go till what?   photo whistle_zpsf7d72272.jpg  Wow, Step, running outside when it feels like 3 degrees?  Bundle up!

Is 40s a good thing, LRB?  Happy for you then!   BTW, here is our forecast for the week in San Antonio...

http://news4sanantonio.com/weather/images/maps/7day.jpg

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

REJOICE, for it is a glorious MONDAY MORNING!  Let's all attack this day with a little elbow grease, some positive energy, and a can-do attitude!

I am wearing a new belt and tie today.  I win.

<3

Hip Redux

Morning all!

40s right about now would be glorious - should be coming our way Friday.  There's a nice layer of ice on the snow out there and the dogs are less than thrilled.   Not hardy dogs, these greyhounds.

Today is client-visit day.  Will be gone until 7pm or so, assuming traffic coming home isn't ridiculous.   RD.

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Runners!

We’re heading for a high in the low 60s this afternoon.   That sure doesn’t seem like holiday weather to me….

Shari – Thanks for starting us off this morning!   Glad that you’re feeling better and getting back to your usual highly active self!   Stay warm and have a Pinktacular day!

Rick – Enjoy your rest day!   Plan a luxurious way to spend some time outside when y’all are in the 40s later this week!

Scotty – Love the dancing banana!   And, I love a good Cowboys loss as well!   Have a great walk after work today!

Phil – Congrats on the new belt and tie, I think!   I’m not sure that having to wear a tie in the first place warrants congrats, but I guess if you have to, then getting a new one should make you feel special.   Have a joyous day!

Oski – Sounds like a really long day ahead for you.   L   Hope it goes by quickly!

Yesterday, I ran for 6.14 miles on the TM – that’s my longest run since my return from IR.   This morning, I rode the spin bike for 45 minutes.

Over the weekend, I baked some treats for today’s Sweets Exchange at work.   I made Shortbread Cookies (thanks Just B.S.) with chocolate frosting and peppermint sprinkles, Snowflake Cookies, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread.   We’ll be voting which item is the best out of everything people in the group bring.   It should be fun, and I can NOT wait to start eating!

Oh, and I have to go and renew my driver’s license in person this week.   Joy….     I may try to take an early lunch and get that over with today….

Have a Pinksational day!   And, may your next run be simply exhilarating!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Clap your hands everybody (if you do understand the reference, go see our home page).  I am planning on 7 with strides tonight.  Trixie was dropped at the vet and the fact that she tried to run when she saw the carrier is good news!

Shari, I think we just stopped adding the paragraph sometime in the last two weeks.  Or we are lazy, that could be too.  Enjoy your run.

LRB, 40F sounds lovely.

Scotty, are the blue squares daily lows?  Man, I'm jealous.

Phil, new stuff?  Nice.

Oski, hope traffic is not ridiculous and that you get home timely.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

SRD. Actually not a URD....lol for once, cuz Mondays are always my rest days! So once a week I get to say SRD Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Sarah, nice run on the TM.  When should I show up for cookies?

Kristin, enjoy the SRD.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Why do those of you in the mitten and New England get 40s? Not fair! The highest temp in our 10-day forecast is 34* Wednesday, which will probably be accompanied by freezing rain. :P

LRB

Why do those of you in the mitten and New England get 40s? Not fair!

Well we don't have it yet.  Currently it is 10 with a wind chill of -3...but the sun is out for the first time in days, go figure. 

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Why do those of you in the mitten and New England get 40s? Not fair! The highest temp in our 10-day forecast is 34* Wednesday, which will probably be accompanied by freezing rain. :P

Did someone call the Waaaambulance? Smile Just kidding Shari. Our expected high is 32 today, then it's back in to the freezer.

True story: I put up my Christmas lights Thanksgiving weekend. I had 1 string that didn't work after I put them up. It got dark, but I did go to the store and pick up another string (actually 2 - why not expand?). It's been so cold and snowy every single day since then I haven't been able to get back on my roof. I'm just looking for 1 single day, and we've had over 3 weeks of crappy weather.

Alright, back to running. Warmup + 40 min tempo run + Cooldown = ~6 miles in 50 minutes.

- Andrew

StepbyStep-SH

Well we don't have it yet.  Currently it is 10 with a wind chill of -3...but the sun is out for the first time in days, go figure. 

Sunny days in the winter are almost always colder than cloudy ones. But I'll take the sunshine (just as long as it isn't accompanied by wind). And now we have 4*, feels like -7*.  I should get going soon, because the wind usually picks up as the day goes on. And I forgot I have a massage scheduled this afternoon - ahhhh.

StepbyStep-SH

Did someone call the Waaaambulance? Smile Just kidding Shari. Our expected high is 32 today, then it's back in to the freezer.

True story: I put up my Christmas lights Thanksgiving weekend. I had 1 string that didn't work after I put them up. It got dark, but I did go to the store and pick up another string (actually 2 - why not expand?). It's been so cold and snowy every single day since then I haven't been able to get back on my roof. I'm just looking for 1 single day, and we've had over 3 weeks of crappy weather.

Alright, back to running. Warmup + 40 min tempo run + Cooldown = ~6 miles in 50 minutes.

You can harass me about the cold when you man up and run it! :P