Beginners and Beyond

where oh where are SunDailies? (Read 23 times)

Hmm??

Insomnia day

3 AM:  cook chicken, garbanzo bean chili for work dinners

4:40 AM: 2.6, 2.1 flat then two short sheepish hills, walked her down hills

intermission = chores

11:15 AM: 2.1, 1.1 flat then 4  short steepish hill. Then pool mix

I had taken off Friday and Saturday…and the string thing was bugging me the entire time; didn’t hurt just real annoying.  At least I know rest isn’t an answer.

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles with 4 x 800. Was supposed to be 5 but my legs were not having the last one.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

6.5 nice and easy.  57 for the week. 7 straight weeks over 50, 10 if I round up the 2 weeks at 49.something. Never been this consistent before. I feel like Cy or Dave (on a smaller scale)!

delicate flower

Yo!  I ran an easy 5K then did an hour on the bike trainer.  The rest of my day will be spent watching football.

<3

GinnyinPA

Daffy - that's the trouble with hamstrings: rest doesn't seem to help much but running gets more and more painful until you're forced to do something different. Then you try something else, and then something else. I've read stretching helps and that stretching makes it worse. Weights help, or maybe they don't. Have you tried PT things like Graston or dry needling?

bluerun

Super B****

12 with 5 @ what may or may not be GMP... my PF got wind of the fact that a goal race is coming up and I am not amused

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

sdWhiskers

Just 3 miles.

It's now 90F with 15% humidity and I'm sitting in a field with no shade for Kid's noon baseball game. Not ideal.

Cyberic

6.5 nice and easy.  57 for the week. 7 straight weeks over 50, 10 if I round up the 2 weeks at 49.something. Never been this consistent before. I feel like Cy or Dave (on a smaller scale)!

Good job!

Cyberic

14.7 / 81.8

Today was the marathon I was registered in. They got good racing temp, considering it's still early in the season. Do I regret not going? No, I was quite thorough in my decision process.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon! Ran 10.

33 for the week.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

14.7 / 81.8

Today was the marathon I was registered in. They got good racing temp, considering it's still early in the season. Do I regret not going? No, I was quite thorough in my decision process.

Chicago looks like a sweatfest but even if it was cold, like I like it, I will not regret it either.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Nice work!

For me: 10.4 miles, 64.8 for the week. 
                            And 2500 miles for the year!

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Nice work!

For me: 10.4 miles, 64.8 for the week. 
                              And 2500 miles for the year!

that's a big number!

tough game for the Ducks yesterday. Other than Bama, and probably Georgia, college football is a cesspool of mediocre teams. Or maybe "evenly matched" is a nicer way of putting it.

Daffy - that's the trouble with hamstrings: rest doesn't seem to help much but running gets more and more painful until you're forced to do something different. Then you try something else, and then something else. I've read stretching helps and that stretching makes it worse. Weights help, or maybe they don't. Have you tried PT things like Graston or dry needling?

Done 2 rounds with Dr. Farouk’s House of Pain…. He did fix part, the most important part for me; just a couple years ago I couldn’t run on dirt as it would trigger a ham cramp at a specific spot every time.

Lots of stuff in the right thigh was stuck with adhesions; near 4 years ago I had the the inside and front of the thigh facia peel loose over a period of months.
                                When completely stuck I wouldn’t feel it, when pieces/patches/strips start to come loose is when I feel it.

I sure this current ‘sting thing’ will ‘finish’ resolving itself. My guess it is the Deep Front Line Fascia (it is the front of torso but goes through the pelvis and down the back of the leg).
                                I feel it high in the back of the groin, skips most of the thigh, feel in the back notch of the knee, skips the calf, and feel it on and off at the ball of the foot.

The second group of skeletons on this site shows the
                                line of the fascia… I call them string as that is what they feel like:

https://basicmedicalkey.com/the-deep-front-line/