Beginners and Beyond

Seriously early, Penguins... and on a Saturday! (Read 30 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did my 17th race of 2013.  Lots of fun!  Race Report and Photos:

http://community.runnersworld.com/displayForumTopic/content/3968142971752181

Being lazy the rest of the day.  I have to get up at 5 a.m. tomorrow morning and drive to Austin for my 18th race of 2013, oh yeah!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Baller status achieved.

Here she is!! Ruby!!!!! heated leather seats, heated side mirrors, heated windshield wiper de-icer!!! Moon roof!! AHHHH!! bluetooth enabled!! I am STOKED!! :-)

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Baller status achieved.

Hell, Awood, as hot as Tori is, she doesn't need a car to get.....ummm...never mind.... Joking

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Goodness, Vance, just how long does it take for Spring to get to your area?  I think we missed Spring altogether, lol, and are heading right for summer!  It will be 86 degrees today in San Antonio and nearly 90 degrees tomorrow!  I'm not even wearing clothes in the house anymore...and my darn fat butt keeps sticking to my computer chair... Wink  OK, how many Penguins will have nightmares tonite about that? Joking

Glad you found a way onto the trail, Bin!  And glad you didn't get chased by a tiger....Big grin  For how long does the trail go?  Looks very nice!

Enjoy the rest day, Jerry, congrats to you both for your long run!

but when I really put pressure on it or jump on one leg I feel a little twinge.  Patient:  "Doctor, Doctor, my hand hurts when I do this!" Doctor:  "Then don't do that!"       Then don't do that, Kristin! Wink  Seriously, hope you feel better in no time!  Probably smart to take a rest day today.

Nice ride, Tori!  Hey, you're normal...at least I hope so.  Cuz I named my Red Ford Escape too, lol..."Red Rover"...since we both 'rove' all over the place like loose dogs...especially as 'we' go to lots of different places all the time for me to run.  Rover is a good ole dog...errr, vehicle.. Wink...116,000 miles and still going strong, gets me to where I want to go, and then brings me back.

Awood, at least you have a lot to keep you busy during your taper time, so you won't get taper madness.  Good luck with the cake!

Good luck with the upcoming 5K, Gustav!  Hope your immune system behaves and you have a great race!

Nice race, Mitch, congrats, and enjoy the gift card!  You were not far off, that sub-23 will come for you, I have no doubt.

Docket_Rocket

HI!  Still on vacation.  Marathon is tomorrow.

Hope everybody is doing well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Hello pens! Big day for me, haha.. Heading out for my first walk/run in 4 weeks in a new, more stable pair of shoes Surprised Rec'd by my podiatrist (who was rec'd by my coach) and purchased from my LRS so I can exchange if they don't work for me. So excited to make yet another, hopefully permanent comeback!

Sloooow.

Afternoon all!

Did my 5K this morning, PR of nearly 3 minutes! My Garmin time was 34:39, similar time was on the clock when I finished. The sun was hideous and draining, I had to walk twice after 1.8 miles because I felt dizzy. I actually cried passing the finish line because I was so furious about the sun blasting my face, lol.

Splits reflect hideous nature of the run:

Mile 1: 10:04

Mile 2: 11:22

Mile 3: 11:52

Last 0.13: 1:22

Overall pace 11:02/mi

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Congratulations, Coralie!! That's great!!

Awood--thanks!!

Scotty---you're bad!!! where's the paddle at again!!! LOL

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Zelanie

Hello!  I am so happy with how my 10 mile race turned out today!  My RR is way too long, but is here if you're interested.  I finished in 1:26:15, with an average pace of 8:38, so faster than my goal.  I also was able to run pretty easily for most of the way and crank it up for the last two.  I really feel like I would have had another three miles in me at that pace today, and that's untapered.  Definitely doing the happy dance.

Vance- You rabblerouser, you!  I'm glad to hear it sounds like your running is coming back.

Bin- Beautiful photos!  Are those wild morning glories?  The wild ones around here are only white and super invasive.  But you can get your shoes wet, you know!  I know you have spares!

Jerry- Glad you're feeling good the day after your LR!  Enjoy the RD!

kristin- I think you made a good choice, and will be running as strong as ever soon!  What concert are you going to?

Tori- Ruby is beautiful!

Awood- I think your training has been going really well!  And 19 pounds down, that doesn't seem like too long ago, either!  What's your goal pace for this HM?

Gustav- Good luck tomorrow!  I know you are going to rock it!

Mitch- Congrats on the AG win!  You are still so much speedier than I am, especially at the 5K.  I think Awood is on to something with the small field.  Having somebody, or ideally several somebodies, to pace off of would have made a big difference, I bet.

Scotty- Congrats on #17!  Looking forward to catching up on some RRs later on.

D- Good luck tomorrow!  I hope you've had a good time on the roller coasters!  That's one thing I missed since we didn't get to California last year.

Lauren- I hope you have a great run and love the shoes!

Coralie- 3 minute PR!  Way to go!  It is hard to slow down in that first mile, isn't it?  Very happy for your result today!

Sloooow.

Thanks Zelanie and Tori! My ultimate hope and goal was to maintain 11:30/mi. The first mile felt fine, I'm actually in disbelief that I got such a quick time (for me). The sun seriously does me in. I wonder if a visor/hat would help. I'm pretty much accepting that it is the last race until weather cools down in fall. There is a 5K at the end of April I would love to do, I just can't handle the heat.

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Mel - that is completely awesome, your training has really paid off! It's funny, having not been around for a while, coming back and seeing how far everyone has progressed...very inspiring!

I did 3 on the TM this morning...so exciting! Wink

Zelanie

Coralie, I bet a visor would be great, plus over the summer you will adjust to the tempterature, I bet.

Doc- Good to see you around again!  TM miles are good miles if that's all you can fit in!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Great 10 miler Melanie. What a pace.

Love the new car Tori.  Drive safely and enjoy.

Good luck tomorrow, Damaris.  Hope the smog isn't a problem.

From the Internet.

Zel - thanks, and congrats on your 10 miler! Can't wait to see you kill that HM!

0.54 miles done.. No judgment on the shoes yet, I just felt generally awkward being out on dry land. Lots of weightlifting + virtually no cardio for the last month = my goodness, my muscles are tight! Will try a brisk walk tomorrow and maybe another baby run Monday or Tuesday.

hog4life

Awood and Zel, you might be right about the bigger field, there was a guy in front of me that finished about 30 seconds ahead of me, I was trying to run him down the last mile. 70 hour work week and all on night shift is the excuse that I'm using though, Smile

off to get a RR done, and see if I can figure out how to load a pic. Then I'm off to read Z's RR as well as others, but first I need to get a few more miles in for the week.

Coralie, congrats on the PR.