Beginners and Beyond

Seriously early, Penguins... and on a Saturday! (Read 30 times)

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Busy day today, up early to get to the Shamrock 8k, wife and oldest ran that one, then later our youngest ran the Leprechaun Dash.  Had a lot of fun.

Did 2.5 miles w/ strides after we got back home, 7:06/mile average pace.  Legs are strong and ready for tomorrow. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Zelanie

Dave- I'm so excited for your race tomorrow!  I hope you have a fantastic race!

GinnyinPA

Some really good races today, it sounds like.  Lots of different distances.  Congratulations Coralie on a 3 min. PR.  Mitch, I wish I could get that fast.  Zelanie - loved your RR.  Your consistency is amazing.  Scotty - I'll check out your RR when I'm done here.

Kristin - glad the leg is better, but best not to push it.

Damaris - good luck on the marathon tomorrow.  Have fun.

Bin - your trail looks lovely.  I'd be on that one all the time, if I had something like that near me.

D2 - good luck tomorrow.

Awood - when is the wedding?

AFM - SRD, though I would have liked to run.  We hiked a 3 mile loop around a lake on the Blue Ridge Pkwy.  Because of all the travelling, I've been really inconsistent in my running for the past month.  The only good part of going home will be getting a chance to build my miles again.  I just heard about a 5 mile race in 2 weeks.  I should be ready to do that, though I won't be fast.  My sfx is pretty much healed, and I'm sure I can handle the distance.  My pace is likely to be all over the place though, since my runs have been mostly trail runs, which don't exactly encourage an even pace.  I've only ever done two races, and they were more than a year ago before I got injured.  They were 5ks and my strategy was just get out and run.  I was pushing the whole way, puffing and panting, but had a lot of fun.  5 miles is still short, so I'll probably push it too hard, but hopefully I'll get a feeling for a slightly longer distance.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

D2: Best of luck to you and 1:28!!!

Bin: Cool pictures of the trail. I hope you can go farther next time.

Coralie: Nice PR!!

Awood: Tonight it is Guinness (for the Irish on DW's side of the family. Besides, it was on special at Costco!).

I can only do a quick check in. I am off for my 10 miles with DW and then it's another quiet night at home. Last night we watched "Argo," which was very good, and tonight it's "The Life of Pi." Tomorrow, more swim meet.  Ugh... they are fun, but like track meets, they drag on and on and on...

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Dave - Best of luck for tomorrow and have an awesome time!!

Zelanie

Ginny- I'm glad to hear that you're healed up!  Good luck in your race!

Jack- Hope the run with DW went well!

Bin Running

Vance, come to Singapore. We have lots of green here..

Tori, nice ride.. Are you going to pimp it?

Kristin, I am sure you already knew.. Rest when you are hurt.. Always works.. Smile

Awood, Seen the lock.. loved it..

Gustav, no snake.. fortunately.. Was reading some other bike forum and there's sighting of cobra an python.

Mitch, you will get the sub 23 next time.. 23+ is already dizzy speed for me..

Scotty, no tiger.. maybe a few thai-ger? :S The trail goes for 10km+ but I had to turn back at 4.5km due to a pool of water that I am unwilling to run thru..

Coralie, congrats on the PR.. 3min PR for 5K is a big thing..

Mel, yes, I think those are wild morning glory.. you know I am a shoes whore.. haa.. What an awesome race you have ran!

Dave, go kill that HM..

Ginny, Enjoy the RD.. I didn't knew abt this trail until recently.. You nvr know what you can find near your place..

Jack, I would go further.. Just need to be mentally prepared to get my shoes wet.. haa..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Thanks, Zel, it was great! We did 6 at an easy pace and 4 at HM pace. She finished in 1:29 and I finished in 1:20. She was a runner in high school and is now getting back into it. I think she got tired of me bugging her to go with me.

Bin: Just wear an old pair of shoes. That is one cool trail. By the way, will you be wearing the headband in your HM?

Zelanie

Jack- Sounds like we would have been in about the same place if your course had been my race today!

Bin Running

Jack, at the moment, I think I can't race w/o that headband. Haa

I'm wearing an old shoe. Just dun like that squelching feeling running in soaked shoes.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

The thread is still alive and it's still Saturday down here in CA.  How's everybody?  I'm exhausted.  This should go well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page