Beginners and Beyond

Respect the distance (Read 323 times)

Docket_Rocket

SRL, hope you feel better and come back when you can.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Feel better, Stevie.  I've always appreciated your advice and attitude and will be thinking of you and sending good vibes your way.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

gusgordon

Take care SRL.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

SRL , I love you many and hope you are well enough to come back mingle with us fellow dumbasses real soon.  I'll miss you and think good thoughts.

@runjerseygirl

You will be missed, SRL.  Hugs.

Do you even run?

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Aw, take care, SRL.

happylily

SRL, I survived a stroke 4 years ago and I know you're going to feel like shit over the next 12 months, at least mentally. Plus, you have obviously other serious health problems, so I cannot imagine what it must be like right now for you. Like Namtor, I feel I have often rubbed you the wrong way and that I irritate you a little. It is not intentional, believe me. Still, I've always liked you. Honestly, I don't get half of your jokes (I'm sure they're very funny. It's just that I'm not always the brightest bulb in the chandelier) but what I really like about you is that once in awhile, you remind us to act humanly with each others. Thank you for the life lessons. Get well, please. We all want to see your name go up on that list of most run marathons/ultras in a lifetime.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Better I Leave

I have leukemia and on December 23rd, I had a stroke.  Lucky for me, I was in the hospital at the time. Ho ho freakin ho.

Sad

Very sorry to read this my friend. If you have to undergo treatment for your leukemia I may be of assistance if you'd like. I mean that. Marina and I have worked with more than a few cancer patients. I send you my best and wish you a full recovery.

monkkey

Best of luck, SRL.  (I hope this is the kind of goodbye where you show up again two pages later, but I don't think it is.)

Village people

Good luck, SRL. Come back when you can.

Butter Tart

All donuts are gross. I don't care if they're from KK, DD or Timmy's. Gross. Muffins are ok, though.

Have you ever tried the paczki from Wawel's? http://wawelpatisserie.com/en/nos_magasins.html Tim Horton's, Dunkin Donuts, etc. are not worthy to be mentioned in the same sentence as these Polish wonders!

--

Sorry, did not mean to appear insensitive. I had not read the whole thread and it seemed light enough at that point. I hope SRL feels better soon.

happylily

Have you ever tried the paczki from Wawel's? http://wawelpatisserie.com/en/nos_magasins.html Tim Horton's, Dunkin Donuts, etc. are not worthy to be mentioned in the same sentence as these Polish wonders!

I've never tried paczkis, but I know that one of my local epiceries carries Wawel products. They make wonderful cakes. I will have to try the paczkis. Thanks!

Oh, and I have one word to describe a woman like you: TEMPTRESS!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

YAYpril - B-Plus

Husband and I went to Dunkin Donuts earlier today. We both got coffee and I got my long-coveted brownie batter donut. Well, it took a couple minutes for the teenaged girl in the back to even notice that we were standing at the counter, my donut had almost no brownie batter filling in it, and both our coffees were too cold to drink (and we were driving somewhere with time constraints). Ugh. I had to file my first ever complaint. Sad

Supersono99

Stevie, I'm sorry to hear this. I'll be sad to see you go. Best wishes. Keep up the fight.

I was kind of a dumbass in this thread, which fits with the "explain the internet" motif that a growing band of you has ha-ha (?) dubbed me with.  I probably shouldn't have been a dumbass.  But great horny toads.

Be kind to each other.  If someone is a continual ass to others in the community, it is ok to call him/her out for it.  "It's the internet" is sort of a bullshit excuse.

Me included, I suppose.  I got what I deserved, and that's ok.

With that, I bid (some of you) a fond aloha.

Remember: it is just running.  And it really is just the internet, though that shouldn't give people a free pass to be an ass.  Even if they can run a 3:0-whatever marathon.  In the end, nobody gives a shit.  Because it is just running.

I'm feeling rather poorly these days (which has a shit/shinola relationship to this thread or being the great internet explainer) and so I'm taking a siesta.  Please don't write The Man to ask about me.  A few of you did when I disappeared for a couple weeks. I do not live in The Man's house; he does not know.  It just stresses him out.  I have leukemia and on December 23rd, I had a stroke.  Lucky for me, I was in the hospital at the time. Ho ho freakin ho.

Sorry for being a dumbass.

Anyone who wants to find me can look for the same name I use here where the email is caliente.  The rest of you should have popsicles.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Husband and I went to Dunkin Donuts earlier today. We both got coffee and I got my long-coveted brownie batter donut. Well, it took a couple minutes for the teenaged girl in the back to even notice that we were standing at the counter, my donut had almost no brownie batter filling in it, and both our coffees were too cold to drink (and we were driving somewhere with time constraints). Ugh. I had to file my first ever complaint. Sad

Thank you for alerting me to the existence of this.