Beginners and Beyond

MonDailies actually like the humidity (Read 34 times)

Cyberic

Just a little positive thinking, here!

Cyberic

I'll be going out for an easy 8-10 in a little bit. Yes, I'll be drenched. But things could be worse. Tomorrow I'll be running intervals in that shit 

Docket_Rocket

No, we don't.

I have 6 miles and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10 miles with it 73F and a 72DP.   I sure missed the wind of a bicycle ride, but I was glad I could run 10 this morning.  The water hose bath I took after I got home, made it all seem OK Smile.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Half Crazy K 2.0

No, we don't.

+1. Why I even bother to try to take my hair on days like this is beyond me.

I'll be going out for an easy 8-10 in a little bit. Yes, I'll be drenched. But things could be worse. Tomorrow I'll be running intervals in that shit 

The only thing worse than running in this shit is not being able to run in this shit 

No pain whatsoever yesterday and nothing this am as I begin to move around. Yay! I rolled it out real good last night and will do the same before work today. I still will probably take tomorrow off as well. I was listening to a podcast the a couple days ago with Brad Hudson. He was talking about injury prevention and rotating in a super high cushioned shoe for some miles. I saw the Hoka Clifton 4s on sale so I ordered a pair to try out. He also talked about people starting their runs at too quick of a pace so the avg pace on their Garmin/Strava looks better...guilty here. Going to start my first couple miles at a much easier pace. I know Hudson is also a big fan of short hills sprints for injury prevention. Going to start them back up also. So thats my plan to attempt to avoid future injury...will it help? who knows...its all trial and error.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Docket_Rocket

Jay, have you ever used the Cliftons?  I ask because the 4s are considered their worst model. It's very firm and a lot of people (including me) do not like them.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jay, have you ever used the Cliftons?  I ask because the 4s are considered their worst model. It's very firm and a lot of people (including me) do not like them.

Ha. No I haven’t. Probably should have asked on here before I bought em. I’ll give them a try. I can always return and get something different. Is there a Hoka model that people like better?

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

To that end, if you're ever in the market for another pair, the now defunct Clayton 1 & 2 are both AWESOME. I'm pretty sure Docket has spoken for their replacement, the Mach, as also being nice. They're a very lightweight shoe that feels highly cushioned under foot. I use them for my long races, and even feel like I can do speed work in them if I wanted.

As for the Strava chasing, shame shame haha. I'm not necessarily the healthiest guy, but I do follow the start slower and speed up approach. It's not so much intentional as it is that my body just doesn't move in the first mile. And I'm also a big Hudson short hill sprint fan. I know others here didn't necessarily have success with them, but I felt really strong with them and ran pretty much injury free too.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

delicate flower

'Morning.  I'm tired and sore.  I skipped my scheduled swim this morning and slept in.  It was a short swim anyway and I'll just do it tomorrow.  I have an easy run to do later today when it's 95 goddamn degrees.

Action pic from my race yesterday.  Leg-burning pedaling.

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Didn't end up running too big of a weekend here...just about 10 miles total. I did get lots of extra sleep though, which felt more important than the miles. I still hit 30 for my first week back from my race, so I'm happy enough with that.

I'll try to up the miles some this week, but not make too big of a leap at the same time. I think 6-8 easy miles are in order.

Cyberic..I like your approach and do my best to embrace it too.

Docket...Enjoy the miles and weights.

Pleasant...Good looking Monday miles!

Halfcrazy...I'm trying to picture what it means not to take your hair lol.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

To that end, if you're ever in the market for another pair, the now defunct Clayton 1 & 2 are both AWESOME. I'm pretty sure Docket has spoken for their replacement, the Mach, as also being nice. They're a very lightweight shoe that feels highly cushioned under foot. I use them for my long races, and even feel like I can do speed work in them if I wanted.

This.  1 and 2 were the best.  The 5s are just a version of the 4s but at least a bit better.  Cliftons were IT and they fucked them up. The Mach and Cavu are really nice, but their main model is the Bondis.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Halfcrazy...I'm trying to picture what it means not to take your hair lol.

Stupid phone. I don't know why I try to make my hair look presentable on these day.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Ran six in the early morning dampness.  Really dragging after yesterday's long run, but that's part of the plan.  There's cooler weather coming (as Eric said, positive thinking).

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Stupid phone. I don't know why I try to make my hair look presentable on these day.

Unless I'm in court, I don't bother.  I do like flying out of Miami and landing somewhere and having the hair actually be down instead of Medusa...

Damaris

Fundraising Page