Beginners and Beyond

What are you doing for the END OF THE WORLD? (Read 422 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

I'm going to my friend's ugly sweater party. I'm making my own sweater so I will look fabulous for the end of the world.
    RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I'm going to my friend's ugly sweater party. I'm making my own sweater so I will look fabulous for the end of the world.

Thursday's "Ugly Christmas Sweater" day at work! I don't think I have a Christmas sweater, ugly or not, but I'm sure that I can dig up a pretty nasty cardigan or something!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RabbitChaser

As long as I don't need pain meds by then, I'll have a beer or two.

Love the Half

Well, I suppose if it doesn't end, I'll have to start my Christmas shopping on the 22nd.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

LtH, I saw this Christmas card idea that said, "sorry I would have bought you a present, but I thought the world was going to end on the 21st."  I thought that was funny.

Antipodean

well that settles it.  Two people whom I've never met on the Internet think it's a good idea so I must do it......

Make that 3. I have short short hair and it's great for running.

Big grin

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

So, as we all know, the world will undoubtedly end this Friday, 12/21/12. Ho-hum, right?  We've been through a few ends of the world, and at least from my perspective, nothing very interesting has ever happened.

This time the world is ending, I'm hosting an informal run I'm calling RUN FOR YOUR LIFE IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!  A group of runners will meet on Friday evening, hopefully dressed as Mayans, zombies, aliens, comets, or anything else, run amok through the downtown area for about 3.3 miles, and then gather for pizza & beer.  Not a bad way to spend the last day on earth, in my opinion. 

So, what are you doing for the end of the world?  Anything fun?  (Please don't say you are moving into your underground bunker.)

THIS IS AWESOME!

Apparently, I will be dying. With the rest of humanity.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

What else, have dinner at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Is there an ETA for the end of the world?  'Cause depending on when it is, I'll either be at work, or at the chiropractor.

Docket_Rocket

I'll be running...

After copying daisymae and going to the chiropractor.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I'm a little confused about when to expect the end of the world. Can we just assume we're going by the Mayan's time zone or will it happen in different places at different times? I'm 13 hours ahead of the U.S. east coast here, so if the world starts ending here first I'll totally post about it so you all know what's up. 

Auhugh!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I'm a little confused about when to expect the end of the world. Can we just assume we're going by the Mayan's time zone or will it happen in different places at different times? I'm 13 hours ahead of the U.S. east coast here, so if the world starts ending here first I'll totally post about it so you all know what's up. 

emo-thumbup Thanks!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Trying to fly to Austin for Christmas...standby, my husband works for the airlines.  

So, either drinking wine on a plane if we're lucky enough to get standby seats the Friday before Christmas or drinking wine at LAX waiting for a flight with a few open seats.   I'm really hoping for the plane.

Revenge of the Nerd

Riding it out at Space Station #5

"The future's in the skies above..."

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

bhearn

This time the world is ending, I'm hosting an informal run I'm calling RUN FOR YOUR LIFE IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!  A group of runners will meet on Friday evening, hopefully dressed as Mayans, zombies, aliens, comets, or anything else, run amok through the downtown area for about 3.3 miles, and then gather for pizza & beer.  Not a bad way to spend the last day on earth, in my opinion. 

The last time the world was supposed to end, in May 2011, I was running a 12-hour race. Scheduled to end 11 hours in. Alas, it didn't, and we had to run that last hour. Ouch.