Beginners and Beyond

Just Need To Whine - NRR (Read 139 times)

Trail Monster

I gave up a good paying but unstable job to move to a union facility that had set shifts and was 5 days a week. I thought I was making the right move for my family by going to a job where I could bank on what my paycheck would be every week and had good benefits. I started the new job last Monday (13 days ago). Today they posted next week's schedule and I have been laid off. Sad I want to rage. I want to scream. I want to throw shit. Mostly I just can't believe I gave up an unpredictable job just to get laid off before I've even collected one paycheck from the new one.

Okay, sorry for the rant. I just needed to get this off my chest so I can put on a good face for my kids.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

#artbydmcbride

Damn it!!!!!  Angry

Runners run

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am very sorry to hear this. Angry

Damaris

Hip Redux

Oh my gosh, that's so wrong.   Sad  I'm sorry!

Little Blue

Wow, that's how they let you know??  By leaving you off the schedule????  You have every right to throw shit.Angry

meaghansketch

Ugh, how can they do that?  That's so unfair to you.  I'm so sorry you're dealing with this.

GinnyinPA

That really sucks!  I'm sorry.

Trail Monster

Yeah, my boss came in to post the schedule and looked at me and said, "I have bad news." I am just so livid because they BEGGED me to come over and leave my old job. I wanted to wait until September to start (we're taking a trip to Disney in two weeks) but they said they needed me NOW. Then yesterday they fired one guy and today they laid two of us off. There's only two people from my department left to work next week now. I did throw a fit to my two bosses, who are on my side, but their pleas to upper management fell on deaf ears. One of the upper level managers came down and tried to tell me its just a slow spot and bad timing and I shouldn't worry. He said it was just unfortunate that they happened to run out of work right now and he hopes I will come back and won't be scared away. I told him to look at it from my viewpoint and I haven't even received one paycheck yet and I'm already laid off. I watched them terminate an employee yesterday for a minor infraction (he was a half hour late) and today I'm on the chopping block. How am I supposed to feel any confidence in them as an employer if they can't even afford the overhead to pay me for one slow week right at the start of my employment. I told him that I will show up tomorrow but if the schedule doesn't change then I doubt I will be back after our Disney trip. He just said he's sorry and he hopes they don't lose me because I add 'real value' to the company. I have never wanted to pop a supervisor in the mouth like I did today!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

That is just terrible!!!! ugh I am so so sorry Sad. As a union facility can they just do that??? Any chance your old job will have you back?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

DollarBill

Sorry to hear Banshee.  I hope you have other opportunties in your area.

B-Plus

I'm sorry to hear that. Please don't be sorry for the rant though.

nolamama

CQTM

He just said he's sorry and he hopes they don't lose me because I add 'real value' to the company. I have never wanted to pop a supervisor in the mouth like I did today!

UM. WTF? If they don't want to you lose you, why the fuck would they lay you off? I hate people...

I'm sorry this happened to you.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I'm sorry to hear that. Please don't be sorry for the rant though.

+1. I'd be frickin' livid.

- Andrew

hog4life

Sara, I'm very sorry to hear this, I would have punched the guy in the face! That's the biggest bunch of BS I've ever heard, add value my ass! Sorry, hope you get something after vacay.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

He just said he's sorry and he hopes they don't lose me because I add 'real value' to the company.

I wonder if, among the clichés he knows, that he's heard actions speak louder than words.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.