Beginners and Beyond

Here goes nothing! Hi... (Read 336 times)

Run Like a Mother

Brenda, your story is so uplifting and encouraging!  I'm kinda new here too.  I haven't been running (if I can really call it that) for very long but I will say that my Garmin has really helped to get me out on the trail because it's so fun to see what I did!  I hope you get one (and a dog too, I have two big ones).  Sorry about your fall.  I hope the hand feels ok.

Linda

BIS

High Horse

You picked a great group to join. I don't post here much but I read enough to know this is a great bunch of people. Congrats on giving up your vices!

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member ~ Groucho Marx.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

What a great story! Thanks for sharing. Congrats on all your achievements also. 

I too like your siggy!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Mmmmm...beer

Great story Brenda!  That's some dedicated stalking! lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Supersono99

Welcome. You could name your dog GarminSmile

hog4life

Hi Mitch!

You're right and I did, I got my husband to run two 5Ks this year (June & September) and I was so proud of him! Years ago when he was in the Air Force he did something wierd to his kneecap and has had issues since (swelling from time to time).

He turns 50 in December and is in great shape but has no desire to train or run any further than the bare minimum! But, that's okay, he said he'll run with me from time to time next spring so that makes me happy!

I'm still working on my two sisters, so we'll see! 

Brenda, I'm 51, soon to be 52, so I know the feeling. I actually got DW started back in the summer, but her knees just couldn't take it. She was a smoker and quit cold turkey too, and that is probably the one most important thing you could have done. I used to dip for about 30 years and finally quit, back in the summer had colon cancer and it scared the life out of me. Now I just got to get my kids to quit. Come on over to the Penguin thread if you feel up to it, good bunch of people over there just like in the Dailies.

Mitch

Tweaky63

I AM running!!!

I'm actually more impressed that you gave up cigarettes AND alcohol. Congratulations! And might I suggest naming the dog Garmin?

Ha, ha gave up cigarettes, alcohol & CHEESE Big grin...thanks for the suggestion, I love it!

The mircle isn't that I finished. The mircle is that I had the courage to start.

~ John Bingham

Tweaky63

I AM running!!!

Hi Brenda!  Welcome to the new place, glad you decided to come out of the woodwork.  I'd say welcome to your new lifestyle, but it seems like you're already well obsessed committed. Wink

Yelp, I am Approve in!

The mircle isn't that I finished. The mircle is that I had the courage to start.

~ John Bingham

not lazy, just tired

CHEESE... oh noooo. Don't think I could give up cheese.

Welcome, Brenda! Congratulations on all the changes you've made.

Not if it makes sense.

Jess runs for bacon

Welcome! It's amazing you've accomplished so much! Also, glad to hear no serious injuries today Smile Which Garmin are you looking at?

Shakedown Street

howdy welcome

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Tweaky63

I AM running!!!

Welcome! It's amazing you've accomplished so much! Also, glad to hear no serious injuries today Smile Which Garmin are you looking at?

Thank you! Nothing serious, they're my scrapes of honor, haha! Now that I'm offically part of the group, I'm sure I'll have tons of questions! From what I've read so far, I think the 110 Forerunner may be my speed, not too many bells & whistles.

~ John Bingham

Tweaky63

I AM running!!!

Brenda, I'm 51, soon to be 52, so I know the feeling. I actually got DW started back in the summer, but her knees just couldn't take it. She was a smoker and quit cold turkey too, and that is probably the one most important thing you could have done. I used to dip for about 30 years and finally quit, back in the summer had colon cancer and it scared the life out of me. Now I just got to get my kids to quit. Come on over to the Penguin thread if you feel up to it, good bunch of people over there just like in the Dailies.

Mitch

Kudos to you and your DW for quitting. Starting smoking was one of the stupdest things I ever did, I'm just blessed I lived to stop! It's tough to get someone to quit, but stay on your kids,  even if it takes tough love!

I've lurked in both threads so it'll be nice to actually join-in. I'll need that to keep me motivated and on track!

~ John Bingham

Tweaky63

I AM running!!!

Hi and welcome! I'm glad you decided to come out of hiding and I like your siggy too. 

Thanks Steph & Flippy! Big grin

~ John Bingham

Welcome!