Beginners and Beyond

Finally Fridailies (Read 46 times)

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Dave

Morning all!

Running is stupid, I'm not going to do any of that nonsense. Yoga today though.

The 13(almost 14)yo DD2 is going with 3 friends to the Vans Warped Tour today. If you do not know, it is a national concert tour featuring a bunch of bands you have probably never heard of & would hate if you did, but the kids love. Mostly the current-day equivalent of what we called head-banging type stuff. It is an all day thing, 11am-9pm, featuring either severe heat advisory or severe thunderstorms, or if she's really lucky both. One lucky dad is taking them, better him than me. But he is probably going to pretty much leave them on their own, so DW is a bit nervous about the whole thing. But those kids are going to have a blast.

Have a great day everyone.

Dave

LRB

What up doe D!

The storms are expected later in the evening, it would turn an awesome day for those teens, into an epic one.

Bout to head out in a bit for an as yet undetermined number of kilometers.  That it is already 80 degrees may have some bearing on where I make my turn around.

delicate flower

Bueno el toro Fridailies, compadres!  Cool   And a special hello to DAVE and LRB since they were the only ones who had posted in this thread prior to my reading it.  For those of you replying to this thread after me, a hearty Good Friday to you as well, kind sir!

Last night I ran 8 miles on the treadmill at 8:20 pace.  Harder than an easy effort, but easier than a tempo run.  So I don't know what the hell to classify that run as.  I NEED TO LABEL IT!

PT appointment this afternoon.  Maybe my therapist spoke to my doctor and they decided to cut me loose after today?  Unlikely, but I can dream.  I'll probably hit the treadmill again afterwards.  No plans for this weekend.  AMAZING!

<3

DaveP MI, enjoy yoga. I hope that DD has a safe ad fun time.

Rick, enjoy your run.

URD for me. I have a big red bump on the bottom of my foot, right where the big toe meets the joint.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD for me.

Dave, enjoy the yoga workout.

LRB, it's only 80F, you can do it :-)

Phil, LOL.  Nice workout.

Basya, hope the foot feels better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Dave from yesterday your copay isn't determined by what the PT does. It is set by your insurance. We have some patients that have 60 coPays. And, we've had a few that are over 100. Insurances sometimes set very high copay amounts and no one realizes until they have to go. When it is per visit and you go a few times a week it adds up a ton. If it was just 40 once and never again for that injury set of visits it would be great. Some people their copays are 3x more than what the ins actually pays. We've had some pay say 60 and their ins doesn't even pay 20 for the visit. That is just insane.  A few states have gotten copay reform and others are working in it. It needs to change.

Marjorie

delicate flower

BTW it's nice to see baseball season getting back underway today.  This extended All Star break crap has got to stop.

<3

Hip Redux

Dave from yesterday your copay isn't determined by what the PT does. It is set by your insurance. We have some patients that have 60 coPays. And, we've had a few that are over 100. Insurances sometimes set very high copay amounts and no one realizes until they have to go. When it is per visit and you go a few times a week it adds up a ton. If it was just 40 once and never again for that injury set of visits it would be great. Some people their copays are 3x more than what the ins actually pays. We've had some pay say 60 and their ins doesn't even pay 20 for the visit. That is just insane.  A few states have gotten copay reform and others are working in it. It needs to change.

Connecticut is (was?) working on PT out of pocket expenses reform.

happylily

Good morning!

Dave, your DD will have a blast! I remember seeing Supertramp (yes, I'm that old) when I was 14. My best friend and I had to sit in a crowded baseball park from 11 am to 9 pm (when the show started). There were potheads all around us, but we were good little girls. We were just so impressed to be sitting there, amongst "grown ups". lol... Don't be discouraged about your injury. SO injured his sciatic nerve last spring and it took a few months before he could start running again. Now it's all good. See it as mental training. You're training your patience and your resolve. And work on your core, it'll make you a stronger runner when you're ready to run again. Also, stick around, this place works magic. :-)

LRB, since when do you talk in kilometers? Somehow, it makes you even more charming to me. Enjoy your run!

Phil, I'd kill for an 8 miler at 8:20 that feels easy. At the moment, 8:20 feels tough! You've done so well since your surgery. Have a nice TM run later today!

Basya, oh no! Any idea how this happened? Does it hurt?

D., good morning girlfriend! We have to talk about Chicago in the coming weeks. I'm excited! Are you?

Marjorie, do you work in health care? I know you travel a lot for your job. I've always been curious about what you do, seems interesting!

Oski, good morning! :-)

My heel/foot feels good (not great, but good is good enough). But my legs are all kinds of sore and that makes me happy in some sadistic way. It means I'm getting them back in the correct shape. The runner's shape! 5 recovery miles this morning and another 5 later tonight. I'd like to attempt a longer run this weekend, so I don't want to push too much today.

Have a great day everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

My PT copays are $20.  Sooo...$500 out of pocket for the year since I'll use up all 25 allotted appointments.  I should have signed up for the flex spending account benefit work offers so I'd at least get that tax break.  Meh.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is a rest day for me.  I will be picking up my packet later for my 5K tomorrow.  Event #43 for me for 2013.

Happy Friday.  Today is July 19th!  July 19th is "Flitch Day" - -  Beginning in 15th century, community monks offered a "flitch" of bacon as prize for any married couple who could prove to a jury of bachelors and maidens that they had lived together in complete harmony and fidelity for the past year. Very few took home the bacon.   Mmmm, Bacon!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

Morning all.   I iced and rolled and stretched last night.  And I will do the same today.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck with the yoga today, Dave.  Gee, why would anyone want to go see warped vans?  And how do the vans get 'warped."  Do the kids get to bang up the vans with sledge hammers?  Joking   Hope your DD has fun!

If it's 80 degrees already for your run, LRB, your run should have some BARING, not some bearing... Wink   Hope it went well!

Harder than an easy effort, but easier than a tempo run.  So I don't know what the hell to classify that run as.  I NEED TO LABEL IT!  Maybe a 'teasy run", Phil?  Since your pace was teasing you between easy and tempo... Wink  Hope you get your wish and get released from PT!

sorry about the bump, Basya.  Did you get bit by something?

Enjoy the SRD, Damaris!   No races this weekend?

It means I'm getting them back in the correct shape.  Correct shape, Lily?  Long as I have known you on these and the RW forums  - a pretty long time, we both go way back - your legs have always been in great shape! Big grin  Glad your heel feels better.  Good luck with your miles and please just play it by ear, don't push the heel into a relapse.  Take a break if you need to.

Hope all that icing and rolling and stretching - gee, sounds like a hockey game Wink - is helping you, Oski!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Yeah, been a lil busy lately. lol  Just got back from a trip to DC where I got to enjoy some lovely treadmill running at the hotel.  Just too much traffic and construction to go running outside.  Ran 8.5 miles last night at home, it was really nice to run outside again, even if the dewpoint was 75* at 10pm (down from a high of 79* earlier in the day).  I think I might actually be getting used to it, or at least just not caring anymore. lol

Hope everyone has a great day! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!