Beginners and Beyond

Finally Fridailies (Read 46 times)

Docket_Rocket

Training has started so yes, I'm excited!  I'll be more excited when I book the trip.

Good morning!

Dave, your DD will have a blast! I remember seeing Supertramp (yes, I'm that old) when I was 14. My best friend and I had to sit in a crowded baseball park from 11 am to 9 pm (when the show started). There were potheads all around us, but we were good little girls. We were just so impressed to be sitting there, amongst "grown ups". lol... Don't be discouraged about your injury. SO injured his sciatic nerve last spring and it took a few months before he could start running again. Now it's all good. See it as mental training. You're training your patience and your resolve. And work on your core, it'll make you a stronger runner when you're ready to run again. Also, stick around, this place works magic. :-)

LRB, since when do you talk in kilometers? Somehow, it makes you even more charming to me. Enjoy your run!

Phil, I'd kill for an 8 miler at 8:20 that feels easy. At the moment, 8:20 feels tough! You've done so well since your surgery. Have a nice TM run later today!

Basya, oh no! Any idea how this happened? Does it hurt?

D., good morning girlfriend! We have to talk about Chicago in the coming weeks. I'm excited! Are you?

Marjorie, do you work in health care? I know you travel a lot for your job. I've always been curious about what you do, seems interesting!

Oski, good morning! :-)

My heel/foot feels good (not great, but good is good enough). But my legs are all kinds of sore and that makes me happy in some sadistic way. It means I'm getting them back in the correct shape. The runner's shape! 5 recovery miles this morning and another 5 later tonight. I'd like to attempt a longer run this weekend, so I don't want to push too much today.

Have a great day everyone!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

If it's 80 degrees already for your run, LRB, your run should have some BARING, not some bearing... Wink   Hope it went well!

So now you are a soothsayer 'eh?

Welp, as Scotty correctly predicted, 7 miles done in them stupid split shorts I have, with even shorter short boxer briefs underneath.

I have not seen that much ass since my last trip to the gentleman's club!  I must have looked down at my stupid legs in disbelief a thousand times while running.  I did not know whether to run faster, or get horny.  Aye!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

5-6 miles for me today. Not sure how I'm going to split them out yet. Maybe 3 on the treadmill at lunch and 3 after work, maybe 5 after work on the treadmill, I don't know. I don't have any lunch plans so it's easy for me to justify running vs. sitting around on my butt. But, if I do 3/3, I'll want to run the second 3 outside and it's going to be hot as balls again (heat index around 102 and dewpoint at 72 at 5pm). Ugh. But it's only 3 miles, right? I don't know. The weather sucks this week.

StepbyStep-SH

URD - it seems like one little annoyance after another. This time it's a blister on the bottom of my foot by the base of my big toe. Usually my blisters reabsorb/deflate within a day, but this one is still painful. I could run through it, but I'm afraid it would cause me to change my stride. I may lance it tonight if it isn't better.

The good news is I have a massage scheduled today. My back and hip should be happier after that.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies!

5 Mile Easy run for me this morning. It was 65 and sunny out. Pretty nice after the humid weather that we've been having. Today will be nicer too, thank goodness. I'm pretty pumped for my race tonight. I'm part of a 12 person relay team. It's an 81 mile road race. I was trying for a month to put a 6 person team together but we couldn't get the last couple of runners. I ended up going to Facebook to a local running club's page and they had a few openings. Me and another buddy that was going to be on my 6-person team grabbed a spot. I did get a paid a compliment indirectly by the captain. She said she was going to assign the longer distances to the faster people, and I got 1 of the 2 longest stretches (8.5 miles). I guess she thinks I'm fast? Smile Anyways, that fun kicks off around 11PM tonight.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Do those 3 outside tonight and run them slow.  Then you have a great excuse for a cold beer.  No need to thank me.

Morning!

5-6 miles for me today. Not sure how I'm going to split them out yet. Maybe 3 on the treadmill at lunch and 3 after work, maybe 5 after work on the treadmill, I don't know. I don't have any lunch plans so it's easy for me to justify running vs. sitting around on my butt. But, if I do 3/3, I'll want to run the second 3 outside and it's going to be hot as balls again (heat index around 102 and dewpoint at 72 at 5pm). Ugh. But it's only 3 miles, right? I don't know. The weather sucks this week.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RSX

Good morning all. I did 5 slow miles on a tm this morning after a 5 mile race last night so didn't want to push on 12 hours rest.

Basya I wish I knew you were running the race last night also. I finished in 43:33. I have done that maybe 5 times, and last night was the hottest. 1 runner left in an ambulance.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

It's going to be 100 here today - so YEP I wore shorts to work!  DEAL WITH IT.

YAY!

Docket_Rocket

Hubby's shins are no longer hurting, so if he stops coughing a lung, I'll take him out for his first run in 2 weeks this weekend.  He is a bit scared of restarting but like I told him, you bought inknburn, you HAVE to run now.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

It's going to be 100 here today - so YEP I wore shorts to work!  DEAL WITH IT.

YAY!

I've often wondered why it's still professional/acceptable (at least in my business casual job) to switch from long sleeves to short sleeves when it gets hot, but not from pants to shorts?  Why are bare forearms ok, but shins not?

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

I've often wondered why it's still professional/acceptable (at least in my business casual job) to switch from long sleeves to short sleeves when it gets hot, but not from pants to shorts?  Why are bare forearms ok, but shins not?

In general I think mens' attire is much easier to manage than womens'. But this is an area where I am jealous. Women can get away with wearing shorts & sandals to a business casual office; I cannot.

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I did run. Haha. Should report that. I did 11.5. I have Pilates later.

Oski CT is one. KY did some reform already.

Julie I'm a physical therapist. I don't treat patients anymore. I work with a few hundred of our centers mainly in the South East US on policy, outcomes, best practices, regulations, documentation, among a zillion other things. I love what I do. I miss patient care but do get my hands on a patient every once in awhile so it works out.

Marjorie

outoftheblue

SRD for me.  I have to take my car in for some maintenance which means a hour drive out there (yes, I live in the boonies) and then a 2-3 hour wait while they work on it.  But the good news is that google showed me a running store a mile from the repair shop, so I know I can pass some time there.  This may end up being one expensive repair!

Lily and Damaris -- I hope you guys are excited about Chicago -- I'm excited just waiting to hear all about it!

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

My boss had to send an email yesterday about proper attire.  Because there are certain people here who apparently do not know they work at a law office and had the gall to come in pajamas one time.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

So now you are a soothsayer 'eh?

Welp, as Scotty correctly predicted, 7 miles done in them stupid split shorts I have, with even shorter short boxer briefs underneath.

I have not seen that much ass since my last trip to the gentleman's club!  I must have looked down at my stupid legs in disbelief a thousand times while running.  I did not know whether to run faster, or get horny.  Aye!

Welcome to the dark side. Now accept that two pair of underwear are redundant, regardless of the lack of, umm, motion control, that the liner provides.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn