Beginners and Beyond

Finally Fridailies (Read 46 times)

StepbyStep-SH

One of my biggest business wardrobe pet peeves is women who wear flip-flops, slides or any kind of shoe where they "slap" the floor. At the last newspaper I worked for we had an ad sales representative who was always in flip-flops. I can't imagine what the local business owners thought when they their shop door open and "thwap-thwap-thwap" come walking toward them to try to sell them advertising. Ugh!

Working from home for the win - I can wear whatever I want (unless I have a meeting with someone) AND I avoid dealing with other people's wardrobe malfunctions and offenses.!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

My office has denim Fridays. I'm wearing denim capris today. We're not allowed to wear shorts above the knee, but we can wear skirts slightly above the knee.

My employer began denim Fridays for office personnel a year ago.  Just my opinion; girls + jeans + dress shoes = hawt!

B, it sounds like you and Step have the same thing.

Step, it sounds like you have the same thing as B.  ; )  It is good to have you back by the way.

Lily, I also speak French.....when I am drinking.

Supp D2!

Good luck at your race Drew!

MBC, if you've got it, flaunt it!

Blue, runners are always thinking running aren't we?  I told my kids to bury me in a giant running shoe!

Wassup to everyone else!

I am at the Asian Buffet getting my carb on.  I asked the sushi chef to make my normal avocado roll with sesame seed.  When I went back up there, some big jar head bohemian had taken 8 of the 12 pieces and put on his plate of 30 other pieces.  He did not know I asked for them so I joked and asked was he cutting back.  He said no he might not like them so he was playing it safe, then laughed!  >:-/

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I did not know whether to run faster, or get horny.  Aye!  Well, LRB, it's good to love yourself.. Joking

and it's going to be hot as balls again.   April, I don't even want to know how you know how hot balls get. Wink  Good luck with your run!

Step, so sorry about the annoyances, blisters, etc.   Sounds like you need that massage.

Good luck with your race tonite, Andrew!

Congrats on your race, RSX.  Sorry to hear about that runner in the ambulance, though.

Yeah, get him back out there, Damaris, it will be good for him.  Have to face your fears to get over them!   He'll work it out, I'm sure.   Sorry to hear he is coughing lungs though!  Successful training for Chicago!

Have fun with Pilates later, Marjorie!

Good luck with the car work, outoftheblue.

regardless of the lack of, umm, motion control, that the liner provides.  Wait till you get to be my age SIAR...you won't have THAT problem anymore..darn 'old man shrinkage"!   Joking

I can't stand it when people wear pajamas to go to the store, but to work???  Well, shoot, Dave and Damaris...the judge at court is in his ROBE, isn't he/she?  Wink

Today, she has transparent shoes.  I know it's casual Friday but transparent plastic shoes?  Classy!   Damaris,maybe if you sneak up on her, grab her feet, and click her shoe heels together real fast, she'll disappear into Kansas... Big grin     the federal government, we should have standards    government  with standards....     I guess I am lucky, I work for a university and we are pretty laid back, pretty much 'business casual' every day for us, except for the 'big wig' folks that deal the most with the public, who do have to wear suits, etc.   And Friday is jeans day for us.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

7.8 miles today over lunch.  I've come out of a pool and had my shorts be less wet than they were after finishing the run ha.  I got two texts from people that saw me out running that wanted to make sure I didn't die in a ditch somewhere.  I assured that I was find and that their concern was appreciated.  I guess they don't think you should be running while under a heat advisory?

LRB...Funny, when I first started in the shorty shorts I cut the liners out too.  And you're right, they do give the occasional chafe, but nothing a little body glide can't fix.

Scotty...ummm, good to know? ha

As for the work attire stuff...I hate how casual our society has become.  Growing up I wanted nothing more than a job that I could go to wearing a suit every day.  Now I work from home, usually in gym clothes ha.  But if I go out of the house, I put nice clothes on.  I don't even wear tennis shoes (or running shoes) for anything other than running and don't like how they look with jeans.  And I just don't think pajamas are acceptable anywhere other than for bed.  You could say I'm kinda like a grumpy old man, just not that old.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Don't worry, SIAR, I agree.  I cringe every time I see a female attorney coming into federal court in 5 inch heels.  There is a time and place for everything, but one thing I can assure you is that stripper heels never look good in court, especially federal court.  And if you are above 50, they start looking ridiculous.  I have them, just don't think it's the proper thing for the ocassion, just like I think pajamas are for sleeping.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

I ran 4 miles on my lunch break. Now I don't have to go out after work, yay!

I think we're having pizza for dinner. I'm seriously craving a veggie pizza. Damaris started it.

YAYpril - B-Plus

but one thing I can assure you is that stripper heels never look good anywhere outside a strip club.

FYP Big grin

B-Plus

I ran 4 miles on my lunch break. Now I don't have to go out after work, yay!

I think we're having pizza for dinner. I'm seriously craving a veggie pizza. Damaris started it.

I just had pizza for lunch.

RSX

FYP Big grin

I never heard them called stripper heels just CFMs

Docket_Rocket

Me too, which is why she is making me feel guilty.  I even sent her a picture of it and this is the thanks I get.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Me too, which is why she is making me feel guilty.  I even sent her a picture of it and this is the thanks I get.

There should be no guilt associated with pizza. Ever! Your pizza did look amazing. Mine won't have a whole wheat crust though. Smile

Docket_Rocket

I am hungry already.  I hope you are happy.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

Hai everybody, and greetings from Old town Alexandria. I am tired. We went to the National aquarium yesterday and also went on a ghost tour, then today the newseum, all in flip flops. I wanted to get up early and run here because if looks like they have some great running paths, but it was already almost 90 at 6. So I did 3.5 on the TM here at the hotel. Now I feel sick, I had two Malibu bay breezes, sweet potato fries, two gummy sharks, and some coffee. Not a good combo.

meaghansketch

I am having pizza for dinner! So excited!  Enjoy your pizza everyone!

Just B.S.

Don't worry, SIAR, I agree.  I cringe every time I see a female attorney coming into federal court in 5 inch heels.  There is a time and place for everything, but one thing I can assure you is that stripper heels never look good in court, especially federal court.  And if you are above 50, they start looking ridiculous.  I have them, just don't think it's the proper thing for the ocassion, just like I think pajamas are for sleeping.

Hmmmm, well I better make sure I clean my closet out of all the stripper heels.Big grin

And better get rid of all that spandex biking and running gear and  that ridiculous wet suit.

I hear lots of people think over 50 women shouldn't be wearing that stuff either.Big grin

Hubby and I are heading out tomorrow morning for a 4 hour drive north and a weekend away.

Doing our first ocean swim triathlon on Sunday. Jellyfish are common in the area and I'm

going to try not to get dragged out to sea. Making it to the finish line is my main goal!