Beginners and Beyond

Arizona Marathon with Pictures (Read 140 times)

SheCan

Dtothe2nd, Philliefan, and kristin---Thank you so much!   Yes, the scenery in this race is wonderful!  Kristin, and I always think when you talk about your runs how exciting it sounds to run there.

Jack--- thanks, and wouldn't a marathon through Zion be awesome too?  I'd so join you in that one.

runmomto3boys--- I'm always struck by how encouraging and generous of praise you are.  i swear you and Lily are related.  Thank you for taking time to comment!

Wallmur--- Your words mean a lot as I totally look up to you.  Thank you, thank you!

Mj5 and coastal--- thank you too for the nice comments! Smile

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

LRB

See?  That is beautiful, just beautiful!

I would just need someone there playing a harmonica, and with the mountains and huge sky as a backdrop, I may never leave!

I am definitely going to camp in Arizona/Nevada someday.  Sooner, rather than later.

This thread delivers!

wallmurr

Wallmur--- Your words mean a lot as I totally look up to you.

Well of course, you have to. I'm 6'-1" and you're a bit shorter than that.Smile

The pic of the fires looks pretty neat. Knowing me, if I was there I'd probably trip and fall into one of them and have to live that one down. At least I wouldn't be having a senior moment, just a klutzy one.

We've got to do a race together one of these times! Better yet, we need to get more Feeters down to AZ for a race.

Zelanie

Cherie- Huge congratulations to you on your PR!  Way to hang in there even when you were feeling like you were struggling!

I agree with the others that the scenery is absolutely gorgeous!  I don't know if the wall would be a fun landmark or a bit discouraging with miles still to go.

hog4life

Cherie, those pictures are beautiful! Congrats on getting the big PR.

outoftheblue

Congrats on 12 minute PR!  What a gorgeous course.

Life is good.

SheCan

Thank you,  zelanie, Mitch, and outoftheblue!  *hugs*

Chris, I soooo hope we do a feeters group race one day!  How fun!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Congrats!

Such beautiful scenery, thanks for posting.