Beginners and Beyond

This or That TuesDAILIES (Read 44 times)

LRB

'Sup.

I will either run 7 easy, or make a detour to the track and throw some quality in there. A decision to be made on the fly...

'Sup?

Cyberic

I have 2 x 3 miles Hansons Strength on tap, and it scares the hell out of me in this heat. I will use the pace adjustment for heat chart in the Useful links for this one. I don't like doing that, but it's going to be necessary today.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Pilates and 7 for me tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

SRD, but I need to find time for strength/PT/abs. I've been slacking a LOT in that area recently.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

Few recovery miles this morning, didn't run yesterday, had to replace the ac compressor on my truck.  More miles this evening after work.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

bluerun

Super B****

5.5 on the AlterG, and in between that and swimming tonight, I'm going to see how many people I can piss off.

I aim high in life.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

cjones1

'Sup.

I will either ran 7 easy, or make a detour to the track and throw some quality in there. A decision to be made on the fly...

'Sup?

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

A little down this week, so I just didn't have the mojo or get up and go to get up at 3 AM to run first. I got up at 4 and headed to the gym for Biceps, Triceps and Chest Day.

Standing Barbell Curls: 45lbsX15reps, 50lbsX8reps, 45lbsX12reps, 50lbsX10reps, 50lbsX10reps
                  Triceps Overhead: 22.5lbsX12reps, 25lbsX8reps, 22.5lbsX12reps, 25lbsX8reps, 22.5lbsX12reps
                  Concentration Dumbbell Curls: 22.5lbsX10reps, 25lbsX7reps, 22.5lbsX10reps, 25lbsX7reps, 22.5lbsX10reps
                  Loaded Plate Incline Chest Press: 90lbsX12reps, 100lbsX8reps, 90lbsX12reps, 100lbsX8reps, 100lbsX8reps
                  Triceps Dumbbell Kickbacks: 17.5lbsX12reps, 20lbsX8reps, 17.5lbsX12reps, 20lbsX8reps, 17.5lbsX12reps
                  Fly Delts: 80lbsX12reps, 85lbsX8reps, 80lbsX12reps, 85lbsX8reps, 75lbsX12reps

Then I headed to the riverfront for an easy 5 miler.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Ran on the university campus this morning.  Forgot that the first day of classes for Fall Semester start today, so traffic - both vehicle and pedestrian - was craaazy on the campus. Even so, managed not to get hit by anything and ended up with 3.5 miles done.  It was VERY humid.  I felt like the Pillsbury Doughboy out there, baking evenly for 38 minutes in 'the oven' ...   Tongue

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

7 easy miles at 9:09 pace.  Was supposed to be a tempo run but my legs are gassed...spent pretty much all day on my feet Sunday and yesterday.

<3

From the Internet.

Alter-G at 3 PM! Good thing I wore gym clothes and running shoes to work Big grin Possibly some time on the bike or elliptical later too if I have time.

Mmmmm...beer

Ran on the university campus this morning.  Forgot that the first day of classes for Fall Semester start today, so traffic - both vehicle and pedestrian - was craaazy on the campus. Even so, managed not to get hit by anything and ended up with 3.5 miles done.  It was VERY humid.  I felt like the Pillsbury Doughboy out there, baking evenly for 38 minutes in 'the oven' ...   Tongue

I've come to realize that fitness is simply a byproduct of running, my main goal is to just not get hit by a car!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

As a morning runner, I dread the return the scool. You are literally running for your life those first couple of weeks!

Little Blue

Good day!  Went out intending for a walk-some, run-some morning.  Got rained out during the walk-some portion, so 4 miles walk.  Waiting to hear if it's raining in the work zone.  With any luck, I'll have the afternoon off.

To the track for 12 miles with 3 x 2 miles.

2-mile splits: 15:16.67, 15:16.41, 15:16.73. Guess I need to work on those hundredths. 

Dave