Beginners and Beyond

Monday Penguins Get Going Again (Read 19 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

ExpandThe "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Monday again, already?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me today.

Two 5Ks done over the weekend:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/1720d6759de8411eb9cc41b67053aa6f#focus

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/6b0283bb46cb430a8b83441f9791b929#focus

And YAY!  My local temps are finally getting lower.....so I can be an AFTER work runner again instead of getting out there before the sun comes up.

PADRunner

Morning Scotty, temps are looking good. RD & gym for me today.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning, Penguins.

2 miles without "let's just walk" brain-fade.  Short miles but it was something I really needed.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  6 miles and weights for me tonight.

Zelanie, I have not received an email from Hope but I have not checked the junk mail.

Damaris

From the Internet.

Morning everyone! Rest day or a couple recovery miles this afternoon, not sure yet. Not sore at all from the race yesterday, which makes me happy - less sore than a normal workout, even. Maybe I should make a permanent switch to trail races! :P

Zelanie

Morning, pens!  Just 6 easy for me today.  I rolled pretty soon after yesterday's run, and didn't feel too stiff, so that's promising.

Scotty, your temps and my temps are pretty similar right now- only for me it's hot enough to feel grumpy about it when running after work.

PAD- Enjoy the RD!

Robert- Glad you had a good run!

D- Hoping you hear from HsM soon!  As a fellow captain, I know the frustration trying to get 100% posting every week.  Although my team has been doing great in that area lately.  They decided to try for a 22 week 100% posting streak.  We will see!

Lauren- That's good news!  Also, with the trail, I don't think the course was short at all, since with tree cover, I'm sure your watch missed at least something.

tracilynn

Lauren, you are so fit right now! I bet you will bounce back from your surgery in a snap.  How much time do they advise you take off from running?

hey Scotty, zel, pad, dam & rob !

no running for me today but may do the shred later

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens:

Lauren: Nice running! It feels good when you are in the zone like that. Smile

Even if I want to, I will likely not run today; it's just too hot. It is supposed to be 105 again today and maybe tomorrow. Even at 11:00 last night it was still up in the 80s. There is no way I am running in that.

Have fun.

Bin Running

4.5M done in the morning.

Robert, sorry to read abt the parking issues at race venue.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

From the Internet.

Zel - yeah I was considering that. Between tree cover and a couple tight turns here and there it probably wasn't short, even if it was 0.04 isn't a huge margin anyway.

Thanks Jack! Smile

Traci - they didn't really give me a set timeframe yet, just sort of vaguely said that it's OK to get back to easy running as soon as I'm not in pain from the surgery anymore. I imagine it will be a few weeks after that before I can attempt workouts again.

Brilliant

Hello Penguins!

Scotty, you deserve a rest day after 2 5ks in 2 days!

Sounds like a lot of Penguins are taking it easy today.

I have been MIA for the last 10 days or so. No running but I wouldn't call it "rest days" - hubby and I have been climbing Inca ruins all over Peru's Sacred Valley.  I thought I was in good shape but I was completely unprepared...steps, so many stone steps! I need a vacation from my vacation. We're in the airport in Lima now, waiting for our flight home.

Jack, I'm not looking forward to the heat! I can't believe how hot it's been at home while we've been away.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hello Penguins!

Scotty, you deserve a rest day after 2 5ks in 2 days!

Sounds like a lot of Penguins are taking it easy today.

I have been MIA for the last 10 days or so. No running but I wouldn't call it "rest days" - hubby and I have been climbing Inca ruins all over Peru's Sacred Valley.  I thought I was in good shape but I was completely unprepared...steps, so many stone steps! I need a vacation from my vacation. We're in the airport in Lima now, waiting for our flight home.

Jack, I'm not looking forward to the heat! I can't believe how hot it's been at home while we've been away.

Plus the air up there is probably thinner than you're used to, so that would add to your workout!    Safe trip home!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy gym time, PAD!

Short miles, Robert?  Wouldn't 2 miles be 2 miles?  So how can they be short?  Unless one of the 7 dwarfs is running them... 

Congrats on your race yesterday, Lauren!

I guess it's all about what you're used to, Zelanie.  If I came to Oregon in winter - or even your Spring - I'd be complaining about the 'cold' when the temp goes below 50 degrees.

Can you shred some pounds for me too, Traci?  I'll send a few of my extra ones your way to take care of them.  Thanks! 

Naw, Brilliant, it's not like I actually RACE the events I do, so I'm good. Just have to be careful I don't push my back too much (stupid arthritis) so my doc 'insists' I take a rest day after I do 'in a row' days of running. Since I usually run T-W-Th and Sat-Sun, I take Mondays and Fridays off from running.

Good luck with the miles and weights, Damaris!  Your temps starting to cool down at all yet?

Good on the miles, Bin.

80s in the evenings....Damaris would probably KILL for that, Jack!     Suck it up, Buttercup, and get back out there!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Happy gym time, PAD!

Short miles, Robert?  Wouldn't 2 miles be 2 miles?  So how can they be short?  Unless one of the 7 dwarfs is running them... 

Congrats on your race yesterday, Lauren!

I guess it's all about what you're used to, Zelanie.  If I came to Oregon in winter - or even your Spring - I'd be complaining about the 'cold' when the temp goes below 50 degrees.

Can you shred some pounds for me too, Traci?  I'll send a few of my extra ones your way to take care of them.  Thanks! 

Naw, Brilliant, it's not like I actually RACE the events I do, so I'm good. Just have to be careful I don't push my back too much (stupid arthritis) so my doc 'insists' I take a rest day after I do 'in a row' days of running. Since I usually run T-W-Th and Sat-Sun, I take Mondays and Fridays off from running.

Good luck with the miles and weights, Damaris!  Your temps starting to cool down at all yet?

Good on the miles, Bin.

80s in the evenings....Damaris would probably KILL for that, Jack!     Suck it up, Buttercup, and get back out there!

I am still laughing ever since I read this the first time.

Damaris